It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Is 66 Degrees F in NW MN at 0150 am on March19 '12

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm a native Texan in my 50's and I've never seen Spring get here so early. I've been mowing for 3 weeks (started in February!!!), normally I don't have to mow the first time until April. The Crepe Myrtles are leafing out a full 2 months earlier than normal, the Bradford Pears have already dropped their blooms (which normally don't arrive until April) and are leafing out. The banana trees have sprouted to a height not normally seen until May. And the bugs, oh man are the bugs out in force! We normally get Mayflies in late April, but they're in full swing as are the Junebugs. My jaw nearly hit the ground when I saw a Monarch Butterfly in our bushes yesterday, their typical migration through here is late April into May. We had a brutally hot record-breaking summer last year which put us into the deepest drought on record. We've been blessed with a lot of rain the last few months, but if this super-early spring is any indication, we're headed for what could be our worst, hottest summer ever. I can't say why this is happening, maybe it's just a weather anomaly or maybe "climate change" is coming home to roost, but I can say that as a native Texan that's been around here for quite a while, things do not "feel" right to me.

edit on 19-3-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

I was also thinking out loud. As i normally do when i come across a thread whose purpose is to say: its a nice day.

Its called weather, it changes.... get used to it.

I think theweathernetwork has a community forum. Might wanna pack up yer sh!t and head over there.

edit on 19-3-2012 by ClydeFrog42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

No need to be be crabby or sarcastic...it is totally uncalled for, and I have zero intention of going anywhere.
If you don't like the thread, then for goodness sake don't click on it..gadz
edit on 19-3-2012 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't want to alarm anyone, so don't over-react to the information I'm about to present to you.

But prepare yourselves people...we are experiencing "weather". Don't get to comfortable...it is a changing beast and it will have a different face tomorrow.

Never fear..."weathers" arch nemesis "climate" will make sure it doesn't get too out of control for too long of a period. "Weather" may have won this round and killed our beloved "winter" and possibly "spring" for this year...but have no fear "climate" always wins in the long run.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Currently MN is on track to have the warmest March on record.
Warmest March since 1910 (with video)

In January of 2006, they had also set a record for warmest January.

It's weather, it has been hotter and it has been colder. Weather changes.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Good read here, I can tell you that in Ontario it is hot and I mean freeaking hot.......I have never done this in my 52 years living here but I went downstairs yesterday and hit the breaker for our central air conditioning.

I was cleaning out the fish pond today and the water was very warm, Last year at this time I ran out of firewood for our fireplace and I could have used another two face cords.
This year I have firewood coming out of my ying yang and then some.

To the nay sayers on this thread hell yes weather fluctuates and hell yes we get extremes but for the love of god this is way way over the top.

I am not pulling rank on anyone here but I do believe that stating your age and where you have lived all your life gives some cred to what you are saying.

(52 years old here and the same city all my life)

S&F to the OP and hell yes I believe this thread as I type, every window in the house is open right now and I am hot.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

There were helicopters in the air above Vancouver, BC. Then it snowed, eh? Snow angels destroyed the baby ice crystals, who melted away like so many wet poems. Weather is stranger than bad fiction in Beautiful British Columbia, CANADA. No wet politicians approved this post.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Timmins Ontario. March 19th. 22*C outside. Usually we still have about 3 feet of snow and it should be -10*C. WTF is going on!! We have hardly any snow!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Although a lot of us people up north are enjoying this very warm winter, when you talk to people they quietly say to you it's kind of scary how extreme the whether has been this winter. When I talk with people, I tell them I think we're going to have an unbearable hot summer. They all agree

It's kind of troubling to think with the world experiencing this unusual weather, scientists around the world are quiet about all of this. They called this the El Ninio affect? I'm in my 50's, and I've only experienced the El Ninio one other time and it was never this extreme. This weather is very abnormal indeed.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have personally witnessed the same thing taking place hear in Washington state twice. In both cases the temperature was higher while it was still dark outside, than the daytime high temperature for the ten days that followed.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

it is 2012 isn't it. New start to a new beginning. It is kinda weird huh. In lets say the last ten years that I have been aware of the weather and the cold winters I have never remembered a winter like this. I never wore a heavy jacket, never once said dam its bitter cold etc... So heres to something special coming to a town near you

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm in NW North Dakota, and the entire winter here has been entirely strange. We have seen temps as high as 77F already, and like the rest of the folks up here, we should be butt deep in snow, with temps well below freezing, and regular snowstorms making our lives miserable. The forecast for the week, temps in the 60s, with no forecast rain beyond irregular showers. We haven't had any significant moisture since the floods of last spring and summer.

What will summer bring? Who knows, but with temps warming up this quickly, this early, I've a feeling we are in for a hot one.

SK

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
3/18/12

Just north of Boston, MA.
75 degrees and sunny.

Usually it's snowy.
"Mild" is not a word to use for this past winter..."non existent" would work better.

I worry for this summer.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Hello PagenArchangel,

I also live in minnesota and have been taking to notice this unusual weather as well. I am not one who is big into chemtrails, I have seen chemtrails being spewed out of planes in the early morning for about the last week. Ive seen them at about 745 on my way to school. It may be just a coincidence but one can never be too sure..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
I'm in NW North Dakota, and the entire winter here has been entirely strange. We have seen temps as high as 77F already, and like the rest of the folks up here, we should be butt deep in snow, with temps well below freezing, and regular snowstorms making our lives miserable. The forecast for the week, temps in the 60s, with no forecast rain beyond irregular showers. We haven't had any significant moisture since the floods of last spring and summer.

What will summer bring? Who knows, but with temps warming up this quickly, this early, I've a feeling we are in for a hot one.

SK

Hi SK

Those sandbags that you guys would normally have to use you may want to send up to Anchorage; what with all the snow that they have had this particular go round, once it loosens up it may be a real so - and - so come spring. I lived in AK 30 years and have seen flooding after large and copious amounts of snow. Doesn't happen often but it does happen...I will be suprised if there is no flooding up there this year.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm in New Hampshire. Today, 3/19 it was around 60 or 70. IDK. I was inside all day working. But people were coming in to shop wearing shorts and sandals. It feels like summer. My coworker said she's going to the beach tomorrow. It was 70 yesterday. I've had to leave the window open at night. This is weird. Very weird.

Usually March is cold and windy and rainy and somewhat snowy- really part of winter. NOT this year.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I live in WA state and for the last4 months of 2011 I lived near Seattle, and while I never checked it seemed to me to be a very humid Winter. I ride my bike everywhere and I was just always moist.

I moved further north in January and the weather was a little more winter like, but only one snow storm and a little rain. It did snow in WA the other day, but not very much and it was sunny and clear the rest of the day, so aside from that minor blip I would say this is odd, warmer and nicer than it ought to be for this time of year at least from what I can tell.

My family lived in Iowa and they say it is oddly warm as well, but with intermittent odd snow storms and cold days, and then a 70 degree day will come in and clean up the snow and chilly temps. I remember growing up in the Midwest and it being cold well into Spring and early Summer.

Scary and odd to say the least.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Im in NC- We had no Winter! Something strange is going on! All I can say is just keep up with current UFO Sightings in youre area. Also keep up with information about birds falling from the sky dead..all of this is connected in some way.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Apollo7 because: mispelled word

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Heard from our grandson's friend's friend 3 weeks ago that works in ND and he said.. it hasn't snowed in ND this year yet...if at all .. not even near where it should be..

I noted that has REALLY significant~! If anyone knows anything about ND, it's definitely a SNOW state. It's the 1st thing that comes to my mind when I hear ND being mentioned; and I've ever lived there but, seen plenty of news weather reports enough that It'll be the last place I'd like to live, next to AK.

can anyone that lives there confirm this.. because, to .. THAT'S REALLY odd~!!

Intellecast
edit on 20-3-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lemmeknow

Who is spraying them? Is anyone getting sick? Im in NC and we had No Winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join