It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

It Is 66 Degrees F in NW MN at 0150 am on March19 '12

page: 3
16
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm just glad I'm moving out of the south before summer cuz I suspect it is going to be HOT one. I also hope we don't have any severe drought issues. All these agricultural states need all that snow so I hope you guys are getting your share via rain at least.




posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well that nothing you should be here Nortwern Ontario 49.47 N - 86.50 W
Yesterday it was 18 C or 68 F most of the snow is gone only have a few snow bank

In my 58 year here have never seen it this way something up or coming.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
[Sarcasm] Hey everyone, let's stay ignorant and ignore that there is a change in weather and that we have more warmer days than the rest, just so that we remain straight or else - thinking deeper = gay [/Sarcasm]

Whether it is part of natural processes, warming up is indeed a true event. It's March and it's already like early summer? No this beats even the previous years, imagine how hot it would get in the very summer. There is indeed global warming but it's only part of a bigger picture.

It is defninitely not caused by too much CO2 or industry but it is happening. Basically the weather goes like that: regular Winter, Early Summer, Summer, Late Summer where Early/Late Summer = Spring and Fall
edit on 19-3-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's good that we are all starting to pay attention to weather patterns. We need to be more observant.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I can not help but laugh at these types of threads. All these threads where people are confused by the mild winter and think something is up (Like mild winters have never happened before), but the fact is many people KNEW it was going to be a mild winter is many areas of the US. It was actually predicted in advance by a little something called,

The Farmers Almanac
edit on 19-3-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh and for the OP, this link might be of interest to you.

66 degrees in March is not even a record. The record for Minnesota's high temperature in March happens to be 88 degrees which was set in March of 1910.

Source



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I would be curious to know what was the highest average temp. for the "entire" month of March in Minnesota?
If this year doesn't end up being the record.....then no story here.
I would be very surprised if it wasn't.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I seriously think that the x class solar flares that have burst out of the sun of late, have a heck of a lot to do with the strange weather patterns that are being and have been experienced globally, here in southeast England our government is restricting the use of water, and will enforce a hosepipe ban shortly, as our reservoirs are almost dried up, I also have noticed birds singing in the trees at 2am and spring plants coming out over a month too early, temperatures are also sporadic, and not consistent with my memories of how the weather was when I was a youngster, years ago the temperatures would rise slowly day by day, and fall slowly day by day according to the seasons of spring, summer, autumn, and winter, I feel that the cosmic activity at present is not only playing with the weather, but it is also playing with the minds of the people as our planet aligns with the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, which we are a part of in, and to add to that our earth is completing its 26,000yr wobble, the earthquakes in Indonesia, Chilli, New Zealand and Japan etc, I feel that those eartquakes are an indication of a shift of sorts, and that may possibly be pre polarshift activity that I prey will not materialise, the previously mentioned phenomena that has occurred is indicative of something coming to a climax which is being felt in the guts of the earths human populous in and around the world, the governments, media etc are saying nothing, reports are multiplying regarding Chemtrails and strange sounds coming from the sky, and an unprecedented amount of UFO sightings are being reported globally, these are very strange times indeed! There could be many reasons why your weather patterns are weird where you are located in the world, and any of the above possible explanations for it that I have included, could be one or more or none of them, but overall it seems that a climax of some sort regarding our earth and it's existence in the universe is about to come to a head, what that climax will be is anybody's guess.
]reply to post by PaganArchangel
 





posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
gunna be looking at 79 here in minneapolis....this time last year we had 3 foot snow drifts and 30 - 40 degrees....just like we usually have. an odd switch and very fitting for the great and powerfull year of 2012


as history has shown, there is a cycle to weather and we are experiencing the begings of a change. the question is, just how much will it change and for how long??



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well I'm from Michigan and we have seen a VERY mild winter here. It's already in the 70's and we don't usually expect that until April and then only on the lucky days in April. My husband has remarked upon it also. It's very warm. If the weather continue to be so warm, we will suffer for it. The forest fires in the Mid-West of the country can get very bad already. We don't need the added heat! We are also suffering from floods more to the east of the country.

I'm not complaining though. Winters can be hard in my state.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Reading all of these posts is making me slightly jealous. Here in NW Oregon, I am currently watching snow flurries outside and it was very cold last night. Snow in March in unusual here, but has happened before. This makes me wonder when summer will show up, hope it is not in July!


Enjoy the nice warm weather while you can, as one never knows what wacky weather we may have next year or even next month.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's been 80 degrees here, and we've set multiple records...



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I can not help but laugh at these types of threads. All these threads where people are confused by the mild winter and think something is up (Like mild winters have never happened before), but the fact is many people KNEW it was going to be a mild winter is many areas of the US. It was actually predicted in advance by a little something called,

The Farmers Almanac
edit on 19-3-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

for my area, they were predicting a severe winter...then it didn't snow til January. We usually(by usually I mean EVERY year) get quite a few heavy snowstorms in december and even november.

Get your head out of the sand, or quit shilling.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel
 

I think we were just simply lucky this year while last few years it was exactly opposite.
Who knows if next one will be bitterly cold again.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
North-Central Illinois here and it's been in the 80's, 5 of the last 7 days.

It's also the number of all-time records set in the last week.

We've "cooled off" to 78 degres today and it looks to be in the high 70's for the rest of the week.

Normally daily high's right now here are around 49-50 degrees for this time of March, so we're 25-35 degrees warmer.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh
 


This is my 34th year in cetral Indiana, we have a saying around here. If you dont like the weather stick around it will change, soon.

It is alot warmer this year than most, I will give you that, burt I have seen way warmer around here, back in I think it was like 96 or 97 we had a year without a winter, the trees had full leaves this time of year that year, we were all swimming in mid march.

Dont think this helped any, but im sure it didnt hurt much either.

Also, just wanted to add: ITS GLOBAL WARMING THE SKY IS FALLING EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol sry someone had to say it, might as well be me.
edit on 19-3-2012 by reddwhite because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
reply to post by Bonkrh
 


This is my 34th year in cetral Indiana, we have a saying around here. If you dont like the weather stick around it will change, soon.

It is alot warmer this year than most, I will give you that, burt I have seen way warmer around here, back in I think it was like 96 or 97 we had a year without a winter, the trees had full leaves this time of year that year, we were all swimming in mid march.

Dont think this helped any, but im sure it didnt hurt much either.

Also, just wanted to add: ITS GLOBAL WARMING THE SKY IS FALLING EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol sry someone had to say it, might as well be me.
edit on 19-3-2012 by reddwhite because: (no reason given)


ROFLMAO!
Not many places to run, lol

Like I said, no fearmongering...just wondering out loud

It would be nice if the management would turn off the building heat..I haven't turned on my unit heat in quite some time but it was 83 degreesF in my apt because the freaking building heat has not been turned off yet-if it stays like this the mgmt of my building could be saving some serious bucks on the heating bill



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel
 


...You dont say?

Seems like every year everyone says "oh, man, this years weather is REALLY unusual!". if i had a nickel...

Weather is just that... weather. Some years are warmer, some years are freezing cold. Sometimes we get blasted with snowstorms that destroy our forests, and other times we get jus tthe opposite.

Yet, still, everyone acts surprised, and blames an alien wizard/tptb/global warming/global cooling/nwo/Obama/chicken sandwich.

I could make one of these threads every day for the rest of time, as long as i kept moving to different climates.

I would def get mad flags for updating u guys on whether or not my feet were unexpectedly colder than usual.



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Because the jet stream.

Forecast


It broke.
edit on 19-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)



Thanks for the animation links

Well that certainly explains why we haven't been getting the Alaska Clipper stuff
edit on 19-3-2012 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
reply to post by PaganArchangel
 


...You dont say?

Seems like every year everyone says "oh, man, this years weather is REALLY unusual!". if i had a nickel...

Weather is just that... weather. Some years are warmer, some years are freezing cold. Sometimes we get blasted with snowstorms that destroy our forests, and other times we get jus tthe opposite.

Yet, still, everyone acts surprised, and blames an alien wizard/tptb/global warming/global cooling/nwo/Obama/chicken sandwich.

I could make one of these threads every day for the rest of time, as long as i kept moving to different climates.

I would def get mad flags for updating u guys on whether or not my feet were unexpectedly colder than usual.


For goodness sakes, I was just wondering out loud, much as one would sit on a porch or over the fencepost and remark to someone, "hey, it sure is warm for this time of year"
Nothing more, nothing less.
Chill out



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join