It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Is 66 Degrees F in NW MN at 0150 am on March19 '12

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

Absolutely. It's the most prophesied time in all human history.

Plus...If this IS a predecessor to the "apocalypse" as Patton Oswalt puts it:

Everyone else in heaven... can you imagine how boring their stories must be?

"How'd you die?"
"Bus accident."

"How'd you die?"
"Fire ants."

"How'd YOU die?"
THA MOTHA-F**KIN APOCALYPSE!"

It's exciting to live in an unusual way, just as much as it is to die in one... and it doesn't get much more unusual than an extinction level event.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: .

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
It snew yesterday in Seattle, and has frozen overnight the last two nights and will again tonight. Almost unheard of for late March.

I know it snows in the mountains but as a general rule (under normal circumstances) isn't it pretty temperate near the lower end of things? I have been hearing about the snow in WA...crazy

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

No worries. I have a few friends up in Wahpeton,ND who are already Striking out fields this spring. Vary interesting year indeed. I have a feeling though we have alot in store for us later this year. weather we'll be in a drought or Swimming wet.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Agreed, Great morning laugh
Coffee up nose.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I'm not getting too worried or worked up myself over these changes. I tend to sit back and go along for the ride. These are exciting times we are living in. Weather on is a believer or not of this 2012 phenomenon, we are to shortly find out first hand weather its all hype or not.

And that is Truly Exciting in itself.

As long as the excitement doesn't require my having to carry around a fire extingusher as a matter of course, it's all Jake with me, lol

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yeah They are having vary odd weather out there as well, Have a friend just south of Olympia just north of Rochester who has said its been the weirdest winter in WA that he can remember, they have lost power numerous times now these past few weeks due to the high winds and weather.

Else where in the world i have friends who are all saying the same thing as well, weather patterns all over the globe are on a flux. South Africa has had cooler than normal summer with odd weather phenomena, The Aussies have had wacky weather as well all over parts of Australia Ranging from Floods to droughts. From what i know Queensland is on their last year for their wet season, guess well find out if the patterns fall back into the norm again this next year.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I just wonder what "real" summer is going to be like...

Very interesting Recap of 2011's severe weather, with commentary on 2012 forecast.

I mean, its too simple to say "it'll be soo hot." I don't know that. But looking back at 2011, (which by my measure wasn't as plain WEIRD as this year is already shaping out to be) I would safely assert that we are in for something truly record breaking.

Predictions for 2012 A La Nina event in the Pacific Ocean is expected to last well into 2012. The phenomenon is a cooling of waters in the central Pacific and has a global impact on weather.

Forecasters expect it to bring above-average rains to northern and eastern Australia and more cyclones than normal during the Australian November-April storm season. La Nina events also tend to strengthen the Atlantic hurricane season.

Colorado State University researchers expect an above-average hurricane season if conditions that bring warmer than usual tropical water temperatures in the Atlantic continue and there no major El Nino event.

El Nino is a warming of surface waters in the eastern and central Pacific, affecting wind patterns that can trigger droughts in Australia and suppress Atlantic hurricanes.

Winter across Europe and the United States is also expected to be milder, forecasters say. “The common thread this winter compared to last is the presence of La Nina,” said Chris Vaccaro, public affairs director, at the National Weather Service in Washington. “But the La Nina we have now and through the winter is not anticipated.”

edit on 19-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: more

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

hey there fellow MN'en, I'm here in Duluth, I can attest for the weather being warm here. current temp here is just over 55 with little to no wind, which is weird. considering I'm right here on the tip of lake superior. we have had a strange winter, with hardly any snow, except for that big three day storm, and a small one right after it. where about are you at? I know red lake has a little bit of snow still, but not much, I have to work up in virginia tomorrow through thursday, so it should be interesting to see how different the weather is away from the lake.

I am in NW Minnesota...with the weather the way it has been I wouldn't be suprised if all of the snow in Red Lake is gone by now or will be shortly.
After all of this nice weather, to get hit with a major snow event would be wrong on so many levels ( even though it is possible)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

Originally posted by SilentKoala
It snew yesterday in Seattle, and has frozen overnight the last two nights and will again tonight. Almost unheard of for late March.

I know it snows in the mountains but as a general rule (under normal circumstances) isn't it pretty temperate near the lower end of things? I have been hearing about the snow in WA...crazy

It's one of the mildest climates there is. Temps range from 30's-40's in the winter to 60's-70's in the summer. It rains, a lot, all year. Once every couple years we get a snow in December or January, which when it happens is a couple inches. This year we had a snow storm and an ice storm in January, worse than usual but not too out of the ordinary. But snow and freezing temps in late March... never.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Well you guys should just consider yourselves lucky. Here we are into the first day of spring and we (on the West coast of Washington State) are in the 30s with SNOW. Seriously. It snowed at my house this morning and it is dumping just South of us near seattle. We haven't left Winter yet and I pray it gets the heck out!!

Hahah that sucks man hope it changes soon. Down here today in Tacoma we had nothing but sunshine and clear skies. It's was even warm late into the evening! Yep it's summer up here alright, we usually dont get this weather until around the beginning of may...

But I'm lovin it

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Winter here in the NW of the UK has been un-seasonally warm and dry... past few years we have had quite cold weather and snow at this time of the year... I cannot remember a warmer March... not usually this warm till May round these parts... quite strange indeed...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Been meaning to post about this my self, going to be 80 Tuesday and wensday here in Michigan! WTF!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
A real change from the norm here on Long Island. The ground here is sandy and soft, so we naturally have anywhere from 20 to 50 water main breaks in my district every Winter. (I fix them) Main breaks this year? -2.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

Weather in WA is normal. Its not weird to get mild snow in March around Seattle or anywhere else really. I was mildly surprised when it snowed a few days ago, but its happened before and will again.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Another northern Mn resident here. Hibbing to be exact. Yes this warm weather is unseasonably warm. 56 degrees right now as I type at 6 am. Will be heading to work in a tank top and shorts today as they say it is going to hit 78 today. Never have I worn shorts and a tank top so early in the year. Just hoping I do not blind too many people with my white legs today.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Because the jet stream.

Forecast

It broke.
edit on 19-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Current Jet Stream

Look at that crazy jetstream!

While the above poster said it was normal for NW Indiana this time of year, it certainly isn't for Central Indiana - at least in the last 100 years. We've had a string of 5 record breaking days and it is expected to continue this week. 81 degrees in March? Unheard of in my lifetime.

The above poster who spoke of change: wow, that really resonated with me. Truth!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

step back - take a deep breath and look at the big picture

the record high for Minnesota in march was +88 degres F [ 1910 ] , the record low -50 degrees F [ 1897 ]

source

the waether does fluctuate - the sky is not falling , feel better now ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yes true a about the 88 degree temp BUT that was in Montevideo which is at least 250 miles away from here. Today we are gong to break a record here for the third day in a row. Just saying that in Mn the weather can have extreme differences from area to area.
edit on 19-3-2012 by relyt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

It's been a very mild winter over here in Eastern PA and it's turned into an early spring here as well, with most days already getting into the seventies and starting out fairly warm as well. They say Climate Change is going to really mess up our planet, but at least for a few years before the real dire consequences set in we'll get some unseasonably nice weather

edit on 19-3-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join