It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Ron Paul Winning Nomination (Either Way)!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I found the radio show you provided to be very interesting. It caused me to be much more optimistic of the coming election. But, when I think of both parties flogging the concept of bi-partisanship and its pertinacity for accomplishing the goals (or lack there of) which plague our current state of demise, I only see a great amount on inaction. Neither side is really acting upon this claim. But rather, they say "we must get along, and we will be glad to reach agreements... as long as the other side agrees with us". Hence, nothing ends up getting accomplished.

So, trying to be optimistic, seriously impeded by doubt of reality, I saw a bit on PBS this evening which floored me... Hey that guy might have been right... Heard of Americans Elect?

Americans Elect is a group pushing for a bipartisan ticket for this year's election using an online convention. Judy Woodruff speaks with two former governors who support the effort, Christine Todd Whitman, R-N.J., and David Boren, D-Okla., on Monday's NewsHour.

Here's a link to the video / transcript: Pbs Newshour

With rhetoric heating up and calls for bipartisanship growing across the country, a new group called Americans Elect is pushing a new way. The nonprofit says it will secure ballot access for a unity ticket -- one Democrat, one Republican, in all 50 states in November.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Plain and simple if the RNC/GOP doesn't wake up to the fact that if a fourth scenario were to play out... that being that Ron Paul doesn't get the nod... doesn't make a third party run... the GOP will lose the house and the Senate because for every Paul supporter that will go out and write him in ten will just stay at home instead of voting for the Giant Douche/Crap Sandwich or "Lesser of Two Evils" if you will...

Paul supporters aren't just going to sell out and say "well since he was scammed by the media and the RNC/GOP I'll just vote for the stooge they tell me to"... anyone that thinks they will is an idiot...

If Paul becomes the GOP candidate the GOP will take both houses in a landslide because people voting for Paul will want to vote in other people who can write the laws that they know Paul will sign... the GOP is cutting it's own throat by trying to marginalize Dr. Paul... and once Pennsylvania gets it's turn and they try pulling some shenanigans... they'll know for certain what awaits the neo-cons rigging the game on the national level...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

Ron Paul is an NWO sheep in wolves' clothing.

O ye simple, understand wisdom...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DissentFromDayOne

Careful man...the blasphemy hunters will be out looking for you ....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I love all of the replys on this PASS THE VIDEO ON!! It needs to be seen by everyone!!! Lets help Ron Paul win this and shock the nation

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I am from a VERY leftwing city (Madison Wisconsin) it is also a campus town but from what i hear on the streets and in the stores dems AND repubs alike show atleast some support for Ron Paul. I think he is 50% left and 50% right (i.e. he wants to make pot ok to have but he wants to ban abortions)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
reply to post by MrXYZ

I am from a VERY leftwing city (Madison Wisconsin) it is also a campus town but from what i hear on the streets and in the stores dems AND repubs alike show atleast some support for Ron Paul. I think he is 50% left and 50% right (i.e. he wants to make pot ok to have but he wants to ban abortions)

He doesn't want to ban abortion he says it is not a matter the Federal Government has any right to weigh in on... he says it's a state issue which it is... he doesn't agree with it being practiced (and neither do I) but isn't going out there saying "BAN ABORTION... NO ABORTIONS FOR ANYONE FOR ANY REASON"...

Plain and simple abortion should not be state sponsored and funded nor should abortion be a means of "birth control"...

I know plenty of women that have had abortions for a variety of reasons... while I don't personally condone it I understand why some did and sympathize with them for the tough decision they had to make (rape and quality of life of the child)... then there are some that I think are disgusting pigs because they've been scraped more times than Tony Hawk's knees and don't practice "safe sex" but instead just get hooked up to a shop vac every time they get drunk and sleep with some loser...

That being said... everyone has free will... he doesn't want to prohibit drugs because the prohibition has lead to more deaths... more incarcerations... more broken homes than anything...

No good whatsoever has come from making drugs illegal... crime is up... usage is up... etc...

The arguments I've heard for prohibition are simply ignorant... "well I don't want druggies out driving around"... well... they're out driving around now... there are these things called "field sobriety tests"... you fail you go to jail... driving while under the influence can and will still be a crime even if drugs are legalized... the other great one is "well more people would do drugs if they were legal and readily available" which is a flat out lie according to all legitimate studies and the stats available from countries that have legalized everything across the board...

Plain and simple if heroin was legalized tomorrow would I try it... nope... coke... nope... meth... nope... pot... of course... '___' most likely... acid... no thanks... alcohol... nope... oh wait... that already is legal... never mind...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
To bad Obama wn and not DR. Paul

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join