It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microscopic artwork reveals life invisible to human eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I ran across this just and just had to share these pictures with you. Really incredible enough to be able to photograph these cells but to turn something ike that into a piece of art, it just goes to show you the creative muse can strike at any time.

Alex Gore

A biology student has created stunning pictures of tiny creatures invisible to the human eye by using fluorescent light and a huge microscope.By putting fluorescent chemicals into the cells of tiny organisms, they glow brilliant colours under a ultra violet light enabling him to make the photographs.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... #ixzz1pXCgAq93

edit on 18-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow, those are really beautiful. I love colors.
Very vibrant.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Having almost Tibetan-like respect for life I just hope nothing was harmed in the making of these pictures. Very cool though and most psychedelic.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Very pretty and all.
I just hope we don't meet their macro-cousins out in space.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There really amazing

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Awesome pictures but...

Creative? hmmm im not sure, this was being done for a while now.. but mainly used to stain cells and other microscopic things, i could have done this if i wanted during my bachelorsto(anyone can with at least a BSc and some lab skills), but i would not get any credit in my experiment for "playing around".

To me this is the same as colouring ants green and call it awesome. i guess i would enjoy them more if i didn't know of it already.

top topics

join