It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My grandaughters sixth birthday means that at least one of three people will die this year and one o

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Please bear with me this is my first time starting a real thread beside my introduction. But this really freaked me out to realize that this is probably real.

Nine years ago when my oldest grandaughter turned six, me and my grandmother were talking and she fairly causually told me she was probably going to die before the year was out. She explained that for some reason the girls in my direct female line lost a grandmother when they were six. I do not know how far it goes back, but I am pretty sure she said that she had lost her grandmother at six.

She went on and told me that my mother (her only daughter) lost her grandmother at six. I was my mother's only daughter and when I was six, my great grandmother died, I also had just one child, a daughter. when she was six years old, my mother died. To be honest I was pretty skeptical and when niether my grandmother or me died that year, I did not think any more about it.

My daughter has had four children, all girls. Grandaughter number three turned six a few days ago. The night before her birthday, I was thinking about what my gram had told me all those years ago. And it hit me that my oldest grandaughter was somewhere around six when her father's grandmother passed away.

I lost contact with my father's side of the family for many years after my father died. I have reconnected with a few in the last year or so. I began to wonder exactly when his mother died. I know it was after him, but having lost contact did not hear when it happened. So having reconnected through facebook I posted to family members only to find the date.

It was on my daughters birthday, the year my second grandaughter was six. I now believe her.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Strange synchronicity!

Hopefully for your sake it will turn out to be coincidental and you will have many more happy years with your family!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but your grandmother lived to see her great great grandchildren?! That's very very impressive!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I would take a far more optimistic view.

Since what you describe, assuming its accuracy, is a near statistical impossibility...I would say that the odds are now very much in your favour that no-one will die when your granddaughter turns six this year.

As an individual event, the odds will be against it. As an event within a set (all girls in your family who reach age six), it is even less likely that it will happen again.

I suspect you are saying that you think there is something mystical...or fated...about this (in which cast the odds would have nothing to do with it). Personally, I doubt this is the case. I suppose only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Thank you. Me Too!!!

But in a strange way it has made me look at life a little differently. I want to make sure that I have no regrets. Where my gram is concerned I want to make sure I spend more time with her, too many times I put off visiting her for a few days, or a couple of weeks because I get caught up in my own self.

Knowing that it could be me, I have already begun thinking on what I do not want to leave unfinished or unsaid.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by faint1993

Yes she is 93, and still bowls every week.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this is bothering you but really don't worry, if you were never told that story you would of never put a connection together, it freaked you out I believe but nothing will happen to you or anyone else in your family don't worry.

Sorry I posted this before you posted your new posts above me.
edit on 18-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Yes i suppose it is good to prepare for the unknown,but dont let your preparations for something that may or may not happen,totally consume your time and thoughts.

Hope your theory is wrong!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Well it has also occured to me that she will still be six on 12-21-12

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Oh wow!!
Now that would freak me out a little j/k

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think that one other thing about the whole situation that bothers me, is that out of all of my grandaughters I believe that if the whole indigo child thing is true, she is my indigo grandchild. She is very intelligent and has some amazing insight especially for a child her age. After looking forward to her birthday since the day after she turned five. She was very quiet and subdued, which is not at all the way she normally is. We are normally VERY close and she will come running to me when I see her, but she seemed a little standoffish. and it was not until after the party that we confirmed that both of the other girls were six when a grandmother died.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Every time my sister has been pregnant, a family member of ours has died before the baby is born. She's been pregnant four times now. First it was our paternal grandfather, then an aunt, an uncle, then a cousin. It's very strange. In our traditions, we take our journey with death and do not reincarnate, where some beliefs believe we die and reincarnate in the same soul groups. I don't believe in reincarnation, I believe we get the one life here and we when die, we go to the old ones and live forever in spirit.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gypsycat
reply to post by faint1993

Yes she is 93, and still bowls every week.

That's wonderful. My grandfather is 96 and still goes hiking each week, walks to the store, carries his own groceries, etc. He is very strong for his age and believes it's his walking that keeps him healthy.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Yes my grandmother has been slowing down a lot in the past year, but the funny thing is her bowling average has gone up
She also plays armchair volleyball 1 or 2 times a week.

I think thatif she did not do these things she might just lay down and die. She had one daughter and one son. My mother was 42 when she passed away. and my uncle died this past year. At her age I believe she is about ready to go. But I do not want her too. She has been the only person in my life who has always been there for me.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I do believe in reincarnation. A friend of mine passed away while young girl she had been a step-mother to was pregnant. And there was a part of me that wondered if she had come back. My friends mothers died a little over a year after her daughter and both the young girl and I were at the funeral. She was holding her son while we listened to family members speak and he had been very quiet the whole time. When the pastor got up to finish the service and asked if that was all anyone had to say. He yelled out and I got goosebumps.

I believe the difference between us being alive and dead is the energy which is our soul. and that energy does not die it just goes elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
gypsycat -

From one grandmother to another... don't let statistics worry you. Dwelling on negative thoughts will only freak you out and lead to a miserable life of unnecessary fear. Turn back the clock to the days of your youth when we all felt like we were indestructible and wold live forever. Believe that you are immortal. Most of all, HAVE FUN, and learn to live each day as if it were your last.

When I lost my husband a few years ago I felt that my day was coming soon. Statistics say that a large number or surviving spouses succumb to death not long after they lose their soul mate, and in all my misery I began to believe that my time was quickly approaching. I was depressed, and dropped from 145 lbs to 85 lbs in a matter of weeks. In essence, I was caught up in a destructive self fulfilling prophecy.

One day a very dear friend confronted me with her fears for my health, and reminded me of my long standing beliefs that statistics are meant to be beat, that my husband most admired my positive spirit and I should adopt a more positive life in his honor, and that I needed to enjoy life to its fullest and live each and every day as if it were my last. That day of self reflection was pivotal in my recovery, and a everlasting reminder of how important maintaining a positive outlook on life is to our existence.

Since then I've re-learned how to have fun. I've taken time to travel and explore the endless beauty of this world. Europe, Africa, the far east, Alaska, Tahiti, and all 50 US states have been mine to discover. Be unpredictable. One of my most exciting trips was totally unplanned. Friday after work I drove from the office to the airport, picked a destination from the list of departing flights, and went on a weekend adventure with only the clothes on my back. Yes it can get expensive, but its really refreshing to laugh out loud and say "yeah, its crazy, but I DID THAT!"

During your down time, adopt a hobby that would blow peoples minds. I took up online gaming... first person shooters and MMO's to be more specific. Playing first person shooters (Call of Duty and Battlefield series games) helped to hone my reflexes, and gave me the opportunity to interact with many groups I would never have known otherwise. It was a blast! I then started playing a MMO game with a friend, formed a guild, built it up, and ended up capturing a main city in the weekly castle siege. (Captured in October, and its still mine)

If gaming doesn't appeal to you, consider furthering your education into a occupational field totally different from your own. I'm an MD by profession, but for several years I maintained my series 7 and series 63, (only lapsed due to broker/dealer sponsorship issues) I've gotten several computer hardware and networking certifications, and have learned airbrushing, massage therapy and acrylic/gel/solar nail design.

Above all, spend quality time with your loved ones.

While many may joke that I may have lost my mind in pursuing all that I have, I can likewise be absolutely proud of all that I've achieved in so many diverse ways. Will I live to see my next grandbaby? Probably, but if I don't, I'll certainly have left a legacy for everyone to remember me by.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

You sound like and amazing person
As one grandmother to another are't grandchildren the most awesome thing ever?

Thank you for your concern.I do not plan on dwelling on it. But if it does happen I want to try and make sure that whoever is left behind, does not have to be left behind with regrets. And it gives me a chance and just a touch more incentive to be there for the woman who has always been there for me. And if it ends up being me I want live all I can til then

I would love to learn massage therapy, I would also like to learn to make jewelry. The whole 2012 ascension sounds pretty cool too.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I wanted to post an update. The 6 or 7 year old grandparent curse skipped granddaughter Maliyah, she Will be 11 Thursday. My grandmother passed away at the end of September. My currently youngest granddaughter turned 6 I'm November. Maybe posting about it was enough to block the curse with Maliyah. It hit May a little early. My daughter is pregnant again. I plan on posting on this thread in 6 years
LOL just to be on the safe side

top topics

join