It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiram, "my Master Craftsman" is Satan/Baal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Freemasons are inclined to quote:

"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
Quo usque tandem abutere patentia nostra?
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris."

English: "Furthermore, I think Carthage must be destroyed". Why would a Mason, a doer of "good works", utter such despicable words?

Wikipedia must be consulted:

Phoenician colonists from modern-day Lebanon, led by Queen Dido (Elissa) founded Carthage. Queen Elissa (also known as "Alissar"), was an exiled princess of the ancient Phoenician city of Tyre. (Your founder, Hiram Abiff, is of Tyre. It is the root of the word, Tyrant...)

At its peak, the metropolis she founded, Carthage, came to be called the "shining city". In the Aeneid, Queen Dido, the Greek name for Queen Elissa, is first introduced as an extremely respected character. In just seven years, since their exodus from Tyre, the Carthaginians have rebuilt a successful kingdom under her rule. Her subjects adore her and present her with a festival of praise. Her character is perceived by Virgil as even more noble when she offers asylum to Aeneas and his men, who have recently escaped from Troy.

The fall of Carthage came at the end of the Third Punic War in 146 BC at the Battle of Carthage.[12] Despite initial devastating Roman naval losses and Rome's recovery from the brink of defeat after the terror of a 15-year occupation of much of Italy by Hannibal, the end of the series of wars resulted in the end of Carthaginian power and the complete destruction of the city by Scipio Aemilianus. The Romans pulled the Phoenician warships out into the harbor and burned them before the city, and went from house to house, capturing, raping and enslaving the people. Fifty thousand Carthaginians were sold into slavery.[13] The city was set ablaze, and razed to the ground, leaving only ruins and rubble.

Who is "Hiram Abiff", the "Master Craftsman" of Tyre?
He goes by many names but he is best known as, "Satan".

Wikipedia:

Hiram I (Hebrew: חִירָם, "high-born"; Standard Hebrew Ḥiram, Tiberian vocalization Ḥîrām, Modern Arabic: حيرام), according to the Hebrew Bible, was the Phoenician king of Tyre. He reigned from 980 to 947 BC, succeeding his father, Abibaal. Hiram was succeeded as king of Tyre by his son Baal-Eser I. The Bible says that he allied himself with King David of the United Kingdom of Israel as well as that the status of both Kings was equal and that the treaty between them was a parity treaty (2 Samuel 05:11, 1 Kings 05:01, 1 Chronicles 14:01). After the death of King David, Solomon, a son of David, succeeded to David's throne and Hiram continued the relation with Israel through King Solomon.

Hiram (often spelled Huram[1]), a craftsman of great skill sent from Tyre. 2 Chronicles 2:13-14 relates a formal request from King Solomon of Jerusalem to King Hiram I of Tyre, for workers and for materials to build a new temple; King Hiram responds "And now I have sent a skillful man, endowed with understanding, Huram my master craftsman (the son of a woman of the daughters of Dan, and his father was a man of Tyre), skilled to work in gold and silver, bronze and iron, stone and wood, purple and blue, fine linen and crimson, and to make any engraving and to accomplish any plan which may be given to him, with your skillful men and with the skillful men of my lord David your father."[9] In the original Hebrew version of 2 Chronicles 2:13, the phrase translated above as "Huram my master craftsman" is "ḤWRM 'BY" Ḥiram 'abi.[10]

I am the Word, and I am of The Father.

Your "imagined" power over the sons of man ends.

THE DAY OF THE LORD IS COME

www.umbrasolis.net...üngste_Gericht_Memling.jpeg
edit on 18-3-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
this is prolly off topic,..

but I just noticed the striking coincidence of Joseph Smith (founder of mormmonism) and his brother HYRUM were murdered at CARTHAGE jail.

both of these men, as well as much of the Mormon doctrine, was inspired by Freemasonry.

what could this mean?!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

The link to your image is broken due to the "illegal" characters it contains. You need to use the image button thus:

Hope it helps.

Had to google as it's quite an interesting painting.
Info about the painting The Last Judgement
edit on 18/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 18/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Changed link to higher resolution wikipedia version for members perusal and pleasure

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have a feeling this is going to go as well as your "OMG STARS ARE ALL SYMBOLS OF SATAN, HIDE YE CHILDREN AND DAUGHTERS" thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Good people, listen carefully, for I now teach the Word:

See not by your senses but instead see with the eyes of the mind.

The physical does not matter: our existence is allegorical.

Paganini: Root: "Pagan" i.e. non-believer. "-ini" suffix, "little", or "minor"

It is not by coincidence that Joseph and Hyrum Smith were killed in Carthage.

This is the gentle Whisper that the servants of evil try so vainly to suppress.
Their tools and crafts are controlled imagery and tyranny.

Listen to Word.
See Serendipity.

He is 'the stone that was rejected by you builders, which has become the cornerstone.'
Acts 4:11

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
No, just Augustus, actually...

en.wikipedia.org...

And you're leaving out the rest of the translated quotes!

"In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags."

How long, O Catiline, will you abuse our patience? And for how long will that madness of yours mock us? To what end will your unbridled audacity hurl itself?

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Nowhere did you connect Hiram to Satan or Baal.

reply to post by 1nOne

Pagan actually means "country dweller", "rustic",

He is 'the stone that was rejected by you builders, which has become the cornerstone.'
Acts 4:11

A verse we use in Masonry.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

First and foremost: The word "Tyrant" comes from Latin: Tyrannus (literally "Master, Rule, Lord", hence Tyrannosaurus Rex means Master of Kings) which derives from Greek: τύραννος which means "Master, Lord, Of Absolute Power"

It has absolutely no relation to the city of Tyre. The Greek word for Tyre being: Τύρος ... it means "rocky place"

Not off to a good start are we?

Who is "Hiram Abiff", the "Master Craftsman" of Tyre?
He goes by many names but he is best known as, "Satan".

Oh noes!

Personally, I don't think that King Hiram is the Hiram that we relate to in Freemasonry, though he could be a very good contender as he did assist in the construction of the First Temple. I would say however that the Hiram in our stories (which by the way was a very popular name) was actually a master architect/builder.. probably not someone of royal blood. The reason being is that Hiram and Solomon are not considered equals in our stories.. we say explicitly King Solomon and Master Hiram, implying a lower rank but high ranking among the working class.

But assuming King Hiram is Hiram Abiff, aside from being a very intelligent king who created a very extensive trade empire from a relatively small island city.... how does that make him "Satan?"

You've presented absolutely nothing of substance to indicate that King Hiram was ever called "Satan" or that he was "evil" in any way?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OP since we are talking of building how about building a bridge from your theory back to your hypothesis. This while thing is so loosely connected in some areas and not at all in others. Is like Jordan Maxwell raised from the dead.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Dido ( /ˈdaɪdoʊ/ DY-doh) was, according to ancient Greek and Roman sources, the founder and first Queen of Carthage (in modern-day Tunisia). She is best known from the account given by the Roman poet Virgil in his Aeneid. In some sources she is also known as Elissa (/iːˈlɪsə/ ee-LISS-ə).

behindthename.com: Elissa:

A million times prettier than Dido in my opinion, and very rare.
In fact, the only time I've heard it used was in "The Phantom of the Opera", when it's the name of the lead female role of the opera-within-the-musical "Hannibal". It's Elissa (played by Christine, "Follower of Christ") who sings "Think of Me" at the begining of the show.
-- Lady Seashell 3/26/2008

Meaning: God's girl.
-- Anonymous User 12/28/2008

Elissa Landi (born Elisabeth Marie Christine Kühnelt) was an Italian-born actress who appeared in Hollywood films in the 1920s and '30s (e.g., The Sign of the Cross, After the Thin Man).
-- Kosta 8/2/2010

Elissa is one of the narrators in Boccaccio's Decameron.
-- cateyedsnake 8/25/2007

Hannibal: Means "grace of Ba'al" from Phoenician hann "grace" combined with the name of the god BA'AL. Hannibal was the Carthaginian general who threatened Rome during the Second Punic War in the 3rd century BC.

Wikipedia: Queen Dido (Elissa)

Historians gave various dates, both for the foundation of Carthage and the foundation of Rome. Appian in the beginning of his Punic Wars claims that Carthage was founded by a certain Zorus and Carchedon, but Zorus looks like an alternative transliteration of the city name Tyre.

Elissa married Acerbas... Rumor told that Acerbas had much wealth secretly buried and King Pygmalion had Acerbas murdered in hopes of gaining this wealth. Elissa, desiring to escape Tyre...Eventually Elissa and her followers arrived on the coast of North Africa...That would become their new home.

Michael Grant in Roman Myths (1973) claims:

"That is to say, Dido-Elissa was originally a goddess."
It has been conjectured that she was first converted from a goddess into a human queen in some Greek work of the later fifth century BC.

Evidence for the historicity of Dido (which is a question independent of whether or not she ever met Aeneas) can be associated with evidence for the historicity of others in her family, such as her brother Pygmalion and their grandfather Balazeros. Both of these kings are mentioned, as well as Dido, in the list of Tyrian kings given in Menander of Ephesus's list of the kings of Tyre, as preserved in Josephus's Against Apion, i.18. Josephus ends his quotation of Menander with the sentence “Now, in the seventh year of his [Pygmalion’s] reign, his sister fled away from him and built the city of Carthage in Libya.”

The Nora Stone, found on Sardinia, has been interpreted by Frank Moore Cross as naming Pygmalion as the king of the general who was using the stone to record his victory over the local populace.[2] On paleographic grounds, the stone is dated to the ninth century BC. (Cross’s translation, with a longer discussion of the Nora stone, is found in the Pygmalion article.) If Cross’s interpretation is correct, this presents inscriptional evidence substantiating the existence of a 9th-century-BC king of Tyre named (in Greek) Pygmalion.

Several scholars have identified Baa‘li-maanzer, the king of Tyre who gave tribute to Shalmaneser III in 841 BC, with 𐤓𐤅𐤑𐤏𐤋𐤏𐤁 Ba‘al-‘azor (Phoenician form of the name) or Baal-Eser/Balazeros (Greek form of the name), Dido’s grandfather.[3][4][5][6] This lends credibility to the account in Josephus/Menander that names the kings of Tyre from Abibaal and Hiram I down to the time of Pygmalion and Dido.

Another possible reference to Balazeros is found in the Aeneid. It was a common ancient practice of using the hypocoristicon or shortened form of the name that included only the divine element, so that the “Belus” that Virgil names as the father of Dido in the Aeneid may be a reference to her grandfather, Baal-Eser II/Balazeros.

Menander, repeated by Josephus as corroborated from Tyrian court records (Against Apion i.17,18), that Dido’s flight (or the founding of Carthage) occurred 143 years and eight months after Hiram of Tyre sent assistance to Solomon for the building of the Temple.
edit on 19-3-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck wrote: "You've presented absolutely nothing of substance to indicate that King Hiram was ever called "Satan" or that he was "evil" in any way?"

Ezekiel 28

A Prophecy Against the King of Tyre

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says:
“‘In the pride of your heart
you say, “I am a god;
I sit on the throne of a god
in the heart of the seas.”
But you are a mere mortal and not a god,
though you think you are as wise as a god.
3 Are you wiser than Daniel[a]?
Is no secret hidden from you?
4 By your wisdom and understanding
you have gained wealth for yourself
and amassed gold and silver
in your treasuries.
5 By your great skill in trading
you have increased your wealth,
and because of your wealth
your heart has grown proud.

6 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says:

“‘Because you think you are wise,
as wise as a god,
7 I am going to bring foreigners against you,
the most ruthless of nations;
they will draw their swords against your beauty and wisdom
and pierce your shining splendor.
8 They will bring you down to the pit,
and you will die a violent death
in the heart of the seas.
9 Will you then say, “I am a god,”
in the presence of those who kill you?
You will be but a mortal, not a god,
in the hands of those who slay you.
10 You will die the death of the uncircumcised
at the hands of foreigners.

I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.’”

11 The word of the LORD came to me: 12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says:

“‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden,
the garden of God;
every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mountings[c] were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.
14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.
You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.
15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.
16 Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.
17 Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.
So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.
18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
19 All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’”

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Wikipedia:

Carthage was one of a number of Phoenician settlements in the western Mediterranean.... the Phoenicians established numerous colonial cities along the coasts of the Mediterranean, stretching from Iberia to the Black Sea. They were stimulated to found their cities by a need for revitalizing trade in order to pay the tribute extracted from Tyre.

I came, I saw, I conquered:

"Veni, vidi, vici" (Classical Latin: [ˈweːniː ˈwiːdiː ˈwiːkiː]; Ecclesiastical Latin: [ˈvɛni ˈvidi ˈvitʃi]; "I came, I saw, I conquered.") is a Latin sentence reportedly written by Julius Caesar in 47 BC as a comment on his short war with Pharnaces II of Pontus in the city of Zela (currently known as Zile, in Turkey).[1] Wikipedia

Hilary Clinton: "We came, we saw, He died."

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Gaddafi = Godiva

Meaning & History: Latinized form of the Old English name Godgyfu meaning "gift of god", from the elements god and gyfu "gift". Lady Godiva was an 11th-century English noblewoman who, according to legend, rode naked through the streets of Coventry to protest the high taxes imposed by her husband upon the townspeople.
behindthename.com

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Are you seriously making a personal attack because of my signature? This reminds me of when Steve 'Parakletos' Svenson did the same thing about my relgious beliefs. Maybe you should focus on making threads about topics and not about members signatures, particularly when the signature has nothing to do with your point.

English: "Furthermore, I think Carthage must be destroyed". Why would a Mason, a doer of "good works", utter such despicable words?

Considering Cato was not a Mason what is your point?

I smell crazy.

edit on 19-3-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

"I smell crazy"

You will know the Diabolos by his works: Diabolos, "The Slanderer"

"Steve Parakletos Svenson"

"Parakletos": in the widest sense, a helper, succourer, aider, assistant of the Holy Spirit destined to take the place of Christ with the apostles (after his ascension to the Father), to lead them to a deeper knowledge of the gospel truth, and give them divine strength needed to enable them to undergo trials and persecutions on behalf of the divine kingdom. studylight.org

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You will know the Diabolos by his works: Diabolos, "The Slanderer"

How will we know the Parakletos?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'd just like to talk about that painting for a moment OP. Let's leave your messianic complex out of it, k?

Archangel Michael weighing the souls?
Really?
Look back further, and see who weighed the souls of the deceased.
The God Anpu (Anubis).
This would then make the weigher of souls in that picture, the Archangel Gabriel.
Gabriel, governor of the garden of Eden, and lord of SERPENTS.
Serpents, Eden, hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
How will we know the Parakletos?
He'll give you an estimate if you call Alpine Electric?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

You will know by the Truth that is in the Word.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Your "imagined" power over the sons of man ends.

THE DAY OF THE LORD IS COME

4And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that you be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

link

36But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Hmmm, it sound like a deceiver is indeed in the house.

Repent now, while you soul can be saved!

BE GONE SATAN!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join