It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Spin Me Round (like a record)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So I was just channel surfing looking for something to fall asleep to and I came across a music channel playing Dead or Alive's "You spin me round." I was immediately taken back by the awfulness of this music video! It washed over me like a sickening hang-over that would not relent. Even though the video was lip-synched, it was totally out of synch. It was terrible! The hair, the moves, the dancing, the lyrics...this is so terrible I think I'm going to go blind. The worst part is that back in the day, I think I remember thinking this was a good song. What the hell was I thinking? Good Lord Man!

For your viewing displeasure!

edit on 18-3-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

This was funny the first time i saw it. It was like 6 years ago. Found the song from wowomg lol and found that vid

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

It's like a bad car accident! You just can't look away from it!!

One time a director was looking at this video saying, "Yes! Yes! More spinning...like a record!"

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

ROFL I had to "grow up" with this junk playing everywhere. The 80's were when hairspray manufacturers made it big! I jumped back in time and refused to listen to pop at all. The first record I bough myself was Led Zeppelin II.
Not their best album imho but certainly not their worst either. I recently read a thread here on ATS that illustrated how all Led Zep's big hits such as Stairway to Heaven and many others were actually not theirs at all but stolen from (mainly black) musicians from the 50's and 60's. I just can't view them with the same respect that I used to but have fortunately moved on to other things now.
They had a good sound and good musicians but pfff, originality counts for a lot in my book. We can all do covers. ATS has great musicians and they never cease to blow me away, all original stuff too, no covers.
ATS Rocks, and bangs, wobbles and dubs, in varying degrees of conventional instruments and electronic ones.
ETA Paul Young (passable) Nik Kershaw, Kajagoogoo, and then my favourite pet hate...Madonna, these were all chart topping crap when I was a teenager.
Need I say more?
edit on 18/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 18/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
HEY HEY hey hey.... hey!!!!!

Lay off the 80s man!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I was not always like this but now I love everything 80s, I do.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Don't get me wrong...I'm a child of the 80's too, but even this was a bit much. lol

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The whole of the 80's in retrospect is a "what were we thinking" time period. All I can say is it made sense at the time.

That video is I am happy to say completely new to me and I wish it was unknown to me! Words fail. I would thank you but I mean why? Your a vile human being to unleash this on the world again!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Here look how well the lead singer Pete Burns has aged.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That is just wrong! The screeching makes that vid impossible to listen to. Also I fail to see the point, does he ever sing? I couldn't watch it for the feedback.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Looks like someone fed Cher an exploding cigar. ....That wasn't me that said that.

I quite like the song but I'm not an 80s fan. The clothes were awful too. High waisted trousers or dungarees and perms and loads of blusher. Cringey stuff.

This was good

edit on 19-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I am falling down! Oh mercy, is that a woman? man? man/woman? I bet they sit around today going "I was so hot".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Here look how well the lead singer Pete Burns has aged.

Kinda of reminds me of Octomom.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You don't like that video,wait until you hear this one...
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join