It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gymbeau2000
Move a 100lb granite block in the field with no machinery or electricity. Until then, ancients using sound is just as far fetched as aliens doing it. Floating a bug with sound in a multimillion dollar NASA controlled environment is a long ways from the pre-Columbian mountains of South America.

to an unedicated observer the tamper OP posted would be construed to be levitated and moved by sound
it weighed I think he said 5oo lbs

remember the Verizanno narrows bridge Vibretaion briught that humoungous structure DOWM
wind powered

the method of vibration for moving blocks...well what an interesting puzzle
like the poster said: the saturn rockets...maybe could not be rebuilt a couple of decades after the fact
and getting to the moon might just be the pyramid of its day

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Piezoelectric Basins for Acoustic Levitation Identified at Megalithic Sites

The specific and exclusive use of piezoelectric calcite and quartz crystals for the construction of the pyramids themselves, and the large basins that once surrounded them in great numbers, relates to their transducive capacity to focus and amplify acoustic waves. Mechanical flexing occurs in the quartz and calcite crystals as a uniform structural deformation that generates standing waves within the stones' crystalline lattice, eventually building a strong electromagnetic field that allows acoustic levitation.

The high-walled enclosure, resembling a courtyard, contained energetic waters identified by the local indigenous wisdom traditions as Lake Hathor. The lake waters were absorbed by the porous limestone of the pyramids, and provided direct electrical connection to the subterranean water table and thereby to the world's oceans. The pyramid texts of Saqqara describe this absorption of water within the stones in exact terms, stating that the pyramids' "foundations are the stones, the water..." The hieroglyphic inscription on the obelisk at Abu Ghurab reads "Heart of the Sun" in reference to the pyramid network's piezoelectric transduction of the infrasound resonance of the sun, at the 1.45 Hz frequency of the human heart at rest. Were the pyramids responsible for the regulation of global heartbeat patterns and weather patterns?
Source

This might of been missed by some. This is response to not finding any tools or evidence of acoustic technologies in the ancients. It is not disputed that the ancients knew much more about acoustics than we knew and that it played a major part in our evolution.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Rather than read your stuff here, I'll ask you to answer a simple question first.
How would you levitate a 25-ton block with sound?
(Possible answer? --A whole tribe or two standing around blowing on flutes?)

If you can't answer that--not with a theory or yours or somebody elses--then you thread is not worth the space it takes.

And I won't bother to ask a dozen other questions that evidently NASA wants you to think that they can answer.

NASA...isn't that the place that doesn't believe in UFO...because they never looked at the evidence?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm still pretty sure that the marvelous feats of ancient engineering are due to:

Lots of manpower (whether slaves or skilled workers) + Lots of time (years to build such things) + Natural assists (using sand, water to move large objects) + Lots of ropes and pulleys + Ramps

pretty much explain how such structures were built without the need for any alien intervention or lost technology. For one thing, such technology never would have been lost...we humans tend to keep doing what works, we're funny that way.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Archaeo-acoustics: (Prehistoric Acoustic Phenomena)

"There are several descriptions and relics that testify to the importance of sound in ancient ceremonies and structures but it is only now that we are becoming aware of the extent that it was incorporated. Recent investigations into Palaeolithic cave-art have revealed an association between areas which produce a strong resonance and the location of the art. This finding demonstrates that the properties of sound were being recognised, explored, appreciated and recorded over 30,000 years ago.

The power of sound has been demonstrated by opera singers who have been known, on occasion, to shatter glass simply by producing the correct sound. This effect was presumably already understood when the story of the shattering of the 'walls of Jericho' as written in the 'Old Testament':

... 'The captain of the Host of the Lord came to Joshua before he stormed Jericho and told him to 'circle the city for six days, and seven priests shall blow seven trumpets of rams horns, and on the seventh day, when you hear the trumpets, all the people shall shout with a great shout and the city shall fall down flat'...
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The interesting thing is that you seem very reverent towards the ancient ancestors who supposedly built huge megalithic structures worldwide, yet you refuse to actually listen to them.

They tell us in their creation stories. They wrote it all down.

So we should respect their ability to lift and place massive stone, but not the actual story they themselves tell about how these amazing cultures came to be?

How do you square that?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That Newtonian theory is a quickening of the earth phenomena like quicksand or Loda. Loda being quick clay that causes landslides. When water and a little salt are present along with energy, the Quicken or living earth theory applies. Underground rivers or springs can supply the necessary currents as can stormy weather or any frequency in nature. The presence of water and necessity of salt is required. If you have ever been stuck in the mud by a river or quicksand you will understand. This Phenomena also occurs with wet snow in the presence of salt. When you hit a snowbank with a car it sucks you in because energy is transferred to the snow and it temporarily liquifies. this vibrational phenomena also helps in designing snowplows and the knowledge of it helps in grading gravel. The energy transferred to the gravel levels it if the grader is going a certain speed because the liquification of the gravel makes it flow. In mines this Phenomena allows pellets and crushed ores to flow down the shakers. This phenomena is incorporated in industrial settings all over the world, but the combining of this knowledge has not been done.

To understand things you have to be able to see forces at work. An extreme volcanic eruption or multiple eruptions or a meteor impact can quicken the earth and things sink. Even tsunamis and hurricanes or Tornadoes can cause this to happen. Salt is needed though that's the key. Around here they are disreguarding the knowledge of the ancestors and are salting the hell out of the roads. The traffic on the roads now deliver energy and the roads are falling apart. The old workers knew not to use too much salt, using sand was better. New practices say that unless there is proof otherwise you can do things. The older generations observed things but did not know why they occurred. How can you prove something you observe if you don't understand the science of it. The handed down knowledge was right but it's reason was unknown so it was discarded by the overeducated idiots who took over. Now our roads are falling apart and full of potholes and high and low spots. To repair them will not work unless everything is removed. That's expensive

An overeducated idiot is a person who has knowledge but lacks common sense. They think what they have been taught is right and unproven things aren't science. Knowledge passed on through the ages in teachings not known to present science is knowledge that has not been investigated because it is common knowledge. When an educated person without common sense sees this they change it because it conflicts with what they have been taught. Unless you have studied everything you will not understand why things occur. Intelligence is the measurement of the understanding of this common sense, knowledge is different. A person who has common sense and knowledge can go far in life. We aren't teaching common sense in school though. we aren't breeding smart people we are breeding educated people. Pride in ones knowledge seems to be the opposite of common sense. I am glad I have no knowledge compared to the knowledge of all that exists. It gives me incentive to learn the truth.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Think in 2000 years from now if we or the earth destroys us all except for some tribes in south america. Their stories of the previous 2000 years would contain nothing about ancient skyskrapers and technology but vague stories of flying objects, odd like men with magical powers.

Dude, I have seen pictures of tribesmen in the Congo on cell phones... don't bring that in here... technology is everywhere, even if those around don't use it... it's still there and being used...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I hope in a few years we don't find out Dubstep causes long-term brain hemorrhaging or something equally terrible... lol

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
here is a site which shows some very straight forward simple block cutting and moving techniques the egyptians may have used
please note hitting with a hammer will vibrate the iron "drills" as well as impact drive them
it will also resonate any other similarly tuned "bits" too
sound if tuned correctly would also vibrate the bits if they were tuned also

How were the pyramids built?

www.cheops-pyramide.ch...
darn cool site BTW

now this I think does NOT negate the OPs line of reasoning which is certainly interesting
and supported by some ancient accounts

perhaps they had chinese gun powder

edit on 19-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm still pretty sure that the marvelous feats of ancient engineering are due to:

Lots of manpower (whether slaves or skilled workers) + Lots of time (years to build such things) + Natural assists (using sand, water to move large objects) + Lots of ropes and pulleys + Ramps

pretty much explain how such structures were built without the need for any alien intervention or lost technology. For one thing, such technology never would have been lost...we humans tend to keep doing what works, we're funny that way.

did you see the post re the saturn 5 technology being lost already?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That looks like some sort of big sprocket to me. I wonder if it was made of iron at some time in the past. It could have turned back to stone if it was really old.

If you want other possibilities study the mystery stones here in the USA. They seem to move by themselves. It's knowledge may have been incorporated in their design of moving these stones.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Acoustic energy for shifting large stones

The results of experiments with a scale model indicate that a team of around 20 men could quite easily generate just the right amplitude and energy of vibration as well as sufficient impact momentum to shift 5 ton stones the last short distance into the tightly packed formation of a pyramid. They could do that using a large 500kg wooden battering ram suspended by straps from poles that are shoulder yoked between pairs of men.

By swinging the ram back and forth like a pendulum slowly building up momentum until the ram impacts on one end of the stone, sufficient acoustic and mechanical energy is produced to shift the stone along the top of other stones without rollers. Some authors mention the way layers of gypsum were spread on completed courses for sliding the stones more easily and cementing them into position.

Mathematical predictions and the 1:1000 scaled down working model [220 gram wooden ram and 2400 gram concrete block] shows that although the stone shifts only in very small increments it can still be moved in a well controlled manner into a very precise position. For 10 ton stones 2 teams are needed each with a 500kg ram, 4 teams for 20 ton stones etc. - some simple technology that the ancient builders could have worked out by trial and error. No mystery or doubt about that - it's uncomplicated applied science.

www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't know about building huge structure
but I sure as hell can take em down

it wasn't accidental I mentioned Tesla in an earlier post

Nikola Tesla's Earthquake Machine
One of the major features of the oscillator is that it could move massive weights (coils) with little energy input. This was due to the small movement of the piston combined with the spring effect produced by the piston slamming into a closed chamber. The air inside the chamber compressed and acted as a spring, forcing the piston to travel the opposite direction. At the same time this occurs the slot on the piston aligns with the inlet to allow high pressure working to propel the piston like a rocket toward the other end where it once again slams into an "air spring".

www.freeinfosociety.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

gypsum...
and we had guessed carbon or graphite

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Now can you imagine a civilization with no computers, tv or electricity to occupy time. They would have all the time in the world to perfect what they would consider super high tech.

Or, alternatively, all the time they needed to break stone out of a quarry, square it up, and drag it up a ramp to place it into the edifice they were building.

Your hypothesis ignores established facts like the presence of saw marks on stones found in AE construction, including the GP.

Also, you're ignoring the presence of marks on stones at Tiwanaku that indicate the use of pounding stones and chisels.

So, you can explain anything as long as you can pick and choose which facts to ignore.

Harte

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Rather than read your stuff here........

Your answer Link here.

Next question.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I hope in a few years we don't find out Dubstep causes long-term brain hemorrhaging or something equally terrible... lol

RIGHT!!! But If that's the case my brain would of been fried by now with all the hours I've docked djing (12 yrs)... Mixed with Techstep, electro house and UK breaks...

The issue I have with the sound theory is why with all the producers out there this vibrating frequency has not been discovered while working on tracks and messing with effects...

"Hey Dan, check out this riff I just made... it made the monitors levitate! We should put that in our next gig yo!"

I also seem to remember one of the AA episodes where they tested sound on Stone Hedge... Can't remember the exact results of the test but I'm sure that they have explored this on many levels already...

Maybe someone can elaborate on this???
edit on 19-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Now can you imagine a civilization with no computers, tv or electricity to occupy time. They would have all the time in the world to perfect what they would consider super high tech.

Or, alternatively, all the time they needed to break stone out of a quarry, square it up, and drag it up a ramp to place it into the edifice they were building.

Your hypothesis ignores established facts like the presence of saw marks on stones found in AE construction, including the GP.

Also, you're ignoring the presence of marks on stones at Tiwanaku that indicate the use of pounding stones and chisels.

So, you can explain anything as long as you can pick and choose which facts to ignore.

Harte

Not at all. I like many others are attempting to explain how some of these well quarried and crafted stones with mysterious drill holes and cut marks could have been accomplished with out the need of alien intervention.
There are many stones that are far to great to have been moved by modern ways.

The point that is being made is that technology comes in many forms and just because its 'modern' doesnt mean its more advanced.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You know what's funny about it all?

No matter what theories are proffered, we will never, ever, ever, know.

Never.

Seems like a huge waste of energy IMHO.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join