This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I had to make this

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Using sound is a pretty interesting concept that i've never heard before. I can see were it would be possible, maybe ancient aliens even taught the method to man for you diehard believers. Either way i'd like to see some larger scale testing done to see if it works on a large scale.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
With respect to the smooth surfaces and tight seams found in many sites, I vote for the 'universal solvent'. A plant extract which only affects non organic material, turning the surface temporarily (until it evaporates ?) to mush. Treat 2 surfaces and shove them together.

Yes, South American explorer Colonel Fawcett described exactly such a thing in his journal, thread here. Here's the pertinent quote:

.. Talking of birds, all through the Peruvian and Bolivian Montana is to be found a small bird like a kingfisher, which makes its nest in neat round holes in the rocky escarpment above the river. These holes can plainly be seen, but are not usually accessible, and strangely enough they are found only where the birds are present. I once expressed surprise that they were lucky enough to find nesting-holes conveniently placed for them, and so neatly hollowed out - as though with a drill.
"They make the holes themselves." The words were spoken by a man who had spent a quarter of a century in the forests. "I've seen how they do it, many a time. I've watched, I have, and seen the birds come to the cliff with leaves of some sort in their beaks, and cling to the rock like woodpeckers to a tree while they rubbed the leaves in a circular motion over the surface. Then they would fly off, and come back with more leaves, and carry on with the rubbing process. After three or four repetitions they dropped the leaves and started pecking at the place with their sharp beaks, and - here's the marvellous part - they would soon open out a round hole in the stone. Then off they'd go again, and go through the rubbing process with leaves several times before continuing to peck. It took several days, but finally they had opened out holes deep enough to contain their nests. I've climbed up and taken a look at them, and, believe me, a man couldn't drill a neater hole!"
"Do you mean to say that the bird's beak can penetrate solid rock?"
"A woodpecker's beak penetrates solid wood, doesn't it? ...No, I don't think the bird can get through solid rock. I believe, as everyone who has watched them believes, that those birds know of a leaf with juice that can soften up rock till it's like wet clay."

Originally posted by babybunnies
In order to get the sort of precision stone cutting needed for blocks that have been dated to 17,000 BC, very advanced, very precise tools would have been needed.

Early man simply didn't have the wherewithal to make such tools.

Not at all, the whole point to these theories is that precision tools would NOT be needed. If it's possible to soften stone with some kind of solvent (or through other means such as localized heat, vibration, etc.), then you would simply need to rough out a piece of stone to approximate size with hand tools, align it where you want it, apply the softening technique and let it "slump" against the other stones. The result would be joints that appear to be carved with laser-like precision which is exactly what we see in these ancient structures. Glass bowls are made today by heating glass up and slumping it over a wood form. It doesn't require any special tools, just a heat source.

This thread isn't to definitively prove how these things were done so much as make it clear that there are reasonable possibilities that are very compelling as to how the ancients built megalithic structures, and those possibilities don't require alien intervention. Personally I believe that there is alien intelligent life out there because the odds are for it when you consider how many stars and planets there are out there. But I don't think aliens have ever been to earth or intervened in our activities. They wouldn't make such a long trip just to show us better techniques for stacking blocks of stone. I believe the ancients built these megalithic structures through a combination of brute manpower and lost, relatively simple technologies for making moving and fitting of stones a bit easier.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ok so if we can levitate rocks , then why has no one went to puma punku or any other megalithic site and proved that using this technology we can lift megalithic rocks of 100+ tons

All i see in the videos are small rocks and items being moved acoustically.

I will however give you a pat on the back because in the AA series of Puma Punku they did state that they used horns to move the stones !

I have seen coral castle before, if this guy really did make it himself , then where are his notes and documents , surely his family members have his diaries or notes .

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Great thread. I had never heard of Leedskalnin. Just printed and read his magnetic current paper and it is very interesting. The last couple paragraphs of it I find particularly interesting...talking about the moon and earths magnetic poles and how they interact.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Only one problem OP

There is absolutely no proof whats so ever of the tools and methods you speak off, if there was and they was found and carbon dated to the time, there wouldn't be this massive mystery surrounding them, you have proved nothing other than way we today could in-vision to make them, and even then, you have not proved they can, and when you do, we will require study into the cuts they make to compare and prove it was a similar tool, sorry op your thread title is misleading, you have just added another theory

edit on 19-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

link   

his hair gets more ridiculous each season!
who cuts his hair " Aliens "

link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

How many buildings you know today that have a description or illustration depicting how the building was made?

ALL OF THEM. Every building built today has to have a building plan registered. There are manuals readily available in libraries around the world telling anyone with knowledge of such things how to implement every single part of what is needed to build those plans - Electrical, masonry, plumbing, concrete, glass work, etc. The whole lot.

No, he said showing HOW the building was made. I'm an architect, so this is a subject near and dear to me. We prepare construction documents for buildings, but those documents show what we want the building to look like. They do not show how the building is made. For example, we include structural drawings that show the pier locations and diameters. There is nothing in the drawings that shows a boring machine drilling the pier bores or a bunch of guys tying the steel cage, or a crane lowering the cages into the bores or a cement mixer pouring concrete in or a guy standing there vibrating the concrete. If our civilization dies out and all our paperwork is destroyed, it would be very difficult for a future civilization to piece together how we made things. Especially if tens of thousands of years pass because by then there wouldn't be a lot left to examine, just some very mysterious remnants (which is basically what we have to examine from our ancient cultures- a lot of mysterious remnants with very little remaining documentation).

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Ok so if we can levitate rocks , then why has no one went to puma punku or any other megalithic site and proved that using this technology we can lift megalithic rocks of 100+ tons

All i see in the videos are small rocks and items being moved acoustically.

I will however give you a pat on the back because in the AA series of Puma Punku they did state that they used horns to move the stones !

I have seen coral castle before, if this guy really did make it himself , then where are his notes and documents , surely his family members have his diaries or notes .

One theory that is being explored is ancient kites being used to lift great objects. Peru being high in the mountains would of offered many opportunities to learn about wind and its effects on a large fabric.

Researchers Lift Obelisk With Kite to Test Theory on Ancient Pyramids

On June 23, Mory Gharib and his team raised a 6,900-pound (3132.6 kg), 15-foot (3.0 m) obelisk into vertical position in the desert near Palmdale by using only a kite, a pulley system, and a support frame. Although the blustery winds were gusting up to 22 miles (35.4 km) per hour, the team set the obelisk upright on their second attempt.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Kites may date back as far as 3000 years, where they were made from bamboo and silk in China. Exactly how or when a kite was first flown is a mystery, but one legend suggests that when a Chinese farmer tied a string to his hat to keep it from blowing away in a strong wind, the first kite was born. Another theory suggests that to make a high official's banner more visible, it was strengthened with a bamboo frame and flown. Or it may have been inspired by observing the wind-filled sails of fishing boats (the sail has been used in China for 3000 years). Perhaps the earliest kites consisted of a huge leaf attached to a long string (there is a type of Asian leaf that is ideal as a kite).
www.computersmiths.com...

edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VidGamrJ
Think about it, humans really weren't all that smart back then. Sure we had the capability of intelligence, but you can't just expect some aliens to come down in their space ship and within a few years totally change the way we lived. It's really hard to teach advanced knowledge to things with a lesser intelligence.

Question... How long have computers been around and what effect has it had...

And who said it was "a few years"? For all we know it could of been decades, hundreds, or even thousands of years...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

For your infromation this does not discredit in any way the lots of people coming from the skies talkabout and them being likely true. Sure, Im all for using such technology and being lost somewhere, does that mean they were able to fly too? Had airplanes or similar, or the Vimanas?

This is a theory you're saying like any others, just becaue there is technology to do so now, where is the proof that exactly so it was made? We're talking about science here right? Proof must be present.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So coincidentally every precise stone cutting culture all didn't hang onto these technologies, but they held onto traditions, rituals, beer making techniques from the same time. Also coincidentally gobekli tepe, just happens to have an easter island statue and a sphinx and was constructed by stone masons and carvers finding each other walking out of the thawing woods of the last ice age.

The mayans should have kept the secret of ripping off their egyptian neighbors on where just precisely they should build their pyramids.

I like to think of the planets out there that didn't suffer 6 or so mass extinctions like the earth has. The ones that didn't have to start from scratch. They'd be millions of years more advanced than us.

The fact that we evolved so quickly from upward walking ape to man and how slowly all other animals take millions of years just to change a trait and not their species many times over makes me a firm AA believer.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight
Only one problem OP

There is absolutely no proof whats so ever of the tools and methods you speak off, if there was and they was found and carbon dated to the time, there wouldn't be this massive mystery surrounding them, you have proved nothing other than way we today could in-vision to make them, and even then, you have not proved they can, and when you do, we will require study into the cuts they make to compare and prove it was a similar tool, sorry op your thread title is misleading, you have just added another theory

How do you know the tools are lost? Perhaps they're right in front of your face and you don't recognize them. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Romans made extensive use of concrete until the Roman Empire fell in 400 AD. The technology was completely lost at that point until it was rediscovered in 1756. The tools used in the forming and handling of concrete are basic tools that can be used for a number of other things (shovels, screeds, wheelbarrows). These tools could be all around you and yet you'd still have no clue how to make concrete.

Everyone that thinks that any technology is so well documented that it's impossible to "lose" it should read this:

Apollo/Gemini Space Program Technology

Not all lost technology dates back to antiquity—sometimes it’s just become so obsolete that it’s no longer compatible. The Apollo and Gemini space programs of the 50s, 60s, and 70s were responsible for NASA’s biggest successes, including some of the first manned space flights and the first trip to the moon. Gemini, which ran from 1965-66, was responsible for the much of the early research and development into the mechanics of human space flight. Apollo, which followed shortly thereafter, was launched with the goal of landing a crew on the surface of the moon, which it succeeded in doing in July of 1969.

How was it Lost?
The Apollo and Gemini programs aren’t truly lost. There are still one or two Saturn V rockets lying around, and there are plenty of parts from the spacecraft capsules still available. But just because modern scientists have the parts doesn’t mean they have the knowledge to understand how or why they worked the way they did. In fact, very few schematics or records from the original programs are still around. This lack of record keeping is a byproduct of the frenetic pace at which the American space program progressed. Because NASA was in a space race with the USSR, the planning, design, and building process of the Apollo and Gemini programs was always rushed. Not only that, but in most cases private contractors were brought in to work on every individual part of the spacecraft. Once the programs ended, these engineers—along with all their records—moved on. None of this would be a problem, but now that NASA is planning a return trip to the moon, a lot of the information about how the engineers of the 1960s made the voyages work is invaluable. Amazingly, the records remain so disorganized and incomplete that NASA has resorted to reverse engineering existing spacecraft parts that they have lying around in junkyards as a way of understanding just how the Gemini and Apollo programs managed to work so well.

If it's that easy to lose technology from a few decades ago, then how about thousands or tens of thousands of years ago?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've seen it suggested that the Egyptians might have used abrasion to shape stone. Basically, although it can't be proved that the ancients had the technology to cut stone, they did have metal objects which were harder that stone (Granite was the hardest used). With the man power available to the Egyptians they may have, in theory used metal to wear simply wear down stone to the correct shape, which explains the precise accuracy and the very flat finish/ markings on the rocks.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The ancients knowledge of sound seemed to be common practice. At the Rossyln Chapel featured in the davinci code has been decoded and the symbols are CYMATICS. The people who held the greatest knowledge of the ancient world has been claimed to be the Knights templars or Masons. The chapel incorporated these ancient technologies in the form of symbols that modern man had no idea what they were. In other words we had forgotten a technology and its creation that has been infront of our eyes for centuries. Talk about a knowledge gap.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Move a 100lb granite block in the field with no machinery or electricity. Until then, ancients using sound is just as far fetched as aliens doing it. Floating a bug with sound in a multimillion dollar NASA controlled environment is a long ways from the pre-Columbian mountains of South America.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Dear Shadow Herder,
Interesting post, i'll give you a flag for it, however there is one thing which irks me here. The entire premise of your post is contradictory.

You state it was not aliens in your title, but advanced "beings" using technology lost to us.

Where exactly do you draw the line?

Who is to say that the beings, advanced technologically using sound to cut rocks, were not alien in the sense they did not come from earth?

I'm a little confused here, could you please elaborate for me why you believe that isn't possible, as per Daniken's ancient alien theory?

T

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Dble post

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join