It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

So how come we can find flutes 10s of thousands of years old, stone tools, pottery fragments, graves, and all sorts of ancient technology but we can't find any concrete evidence of all of this "acoustic resonance" nonsense? The fact is that if the ancients had possessed this technology and utilized it than we would have good evidence for it. Most of the time when some technology exists that we don't have widespread evidence for, like, let's say, the Antikythera mechanism, it's because the device was rare or one of a kind. I would be far more inclined to accept that one or two civilizations had advanced technology like what is described here than I would to think that all the ancient monument building cultures had similar technology. The idea just doesn't add up with the lack of widespread evidence for such technology.

What's wrong with ramps, ropes, log-rollers and old fashioned and man-power?

Plus we're dealing with cultures who were not only thousands of miles apart in many cases they were thousands of YEARS apart. The Egyptian pyramids of Giza were constructed more than 2000 BCE, while the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan was built in the Common Era (AD). So that means that civilizations would have to have possessed these technologies thousands of miles apart, thousands of years apart, some having it well into the Common Era, and then all of a sudden it disappeared from history leaving very little evidence behind.

Sorry but my skeptic senses are tingling here.

I say no aliens, and no high "lost" technology, just ingenuity and man-power.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
BLAH....OK so ancient primitive man had these awesome tools and a full understanding of sound waves...HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....This is the most dumb post Ive read today..So they just came up with that technology and then we lost it ? No alien releifs? WE ALL JUST APPEARED AND WHITES HAVE ONLY RUN THE WORLD SINCE 2 DAYS AGO/

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately most of your evidence is all using advanced technology. Maybe if you had some videos of people using the theorized ancient methods it would be more convincing. How can you claim that these building and moving methods were used yet provide no evidence using the technology of those times? You mention Edward Leedskalnin but he built his Coral Castle all by his lonesome under the cover of darkness away from peering eyes without loads of manpower, or blowing loud horns, as I'm sure he would have been discovered.

Also with the total lack of these tools found at any ancient site or even near the region, leaves too much uncertainty. I do believe we have forgotten more than we know as a species, but I also believe our ancestors were taught by another species or a much older one that left this place long ago.

It is your opinion that aliens didn't exist and assisted in the building of these structure, as it is my opinion that they did, but neither of us can provide definitive proof of either.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry

The Hopi say we are about to enter the 5th world; meaning that we have reached a similar technological level 4 other times; but we have ended up being nearly wiped out each time by either ourselves or from meteorites, super volcanoes etc. and the new World is born out of that to repeat the cycle once again...after all there are megalithic structures under the oceans like the one off the coast of Japan built who knows exactly how long ago by an ancient unknown culture.

I dare anyone to research the hopi indians and their stories of our 4 worlds that we lived through. The 1st destroyed by fire, Ice, then by water. Their decriptions of our previous world (antediluvian) describe huge city of lights, flying shields used by the humans at the time to attack other 'great cities'

But some of them made a patuwvota [shield made of hide] and with their creative power made it fly through the air. On this many of the people flew to a big city, attacked it, and returned so fast no one knew where they came from. Soon the people of many cities and countries were making patuwvotas and flying on them to attack one another. So corruption and war came to the Third World as it had to the others.

Kuskurza (meaning unknown), the Third World, unlike the Second World, had been born not out of fire, but out of ice. After it had been knocked off of its axis, the entire Earth had apparently become completely frozen. After a time, however, Sotuknang ordered the twins, Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya, back to their positions at the north and south poles, and the Earth began to thaw out again as its axis returned to its former station. As with the Second World, Sotuknang again set about rearranging the land and the oceans so that the previous world would not be remembered at all. He also created new mountains and rivers, and restored the plant and animal life. Once everything was complete and ready for the chosen people to inhabit, Sotuknang once again stamped on the door of the Ant kiva and called the people out. He then made it clear to them that if they wished to avoid another such catastrophe, they would have to perenially sing praises to the Creator from the tops of the hills — and if they ever did stop singing, he would know that they had returned once again to wickedness and the world would once again be destroyed.

Read this link for more information on the Hopi and the 5 worlds. www.mysteriousworld.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
nice theory, which can be backed up with evidence..
it's also worth noting that in many ancient texts, the moving of stones was apparently accompanied by "the sound of horns", for example, the pumapunku site, some legends report the sound of trumpeting while massive stones were "moved through the air".

however... if it was so simple to use with such accuracy in ancient times, why aren't we using this tech now, in the mainstream?

I'm not convinced this answers all the unanswered questions, to be honest.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I do find it more probable that man did all this pretty much on his own, BUT how come we can’t find all the good gadgets they used to build the things they built. There is also very little record (if any) of these technologies being used in any way or form. If there were tens of thousands of people building all this stuff with these technologies, you would think someone would have carved, painted, or recorded the workings of them on a wall or tablet of stone.

Good thread….S&F!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Insearchofthetruth1987

ok so your telling me our ancestors had access to...
tuning forks?
sonic drills?
acoustic levitation technology?

isnt that way too advanced for them?

just the point i was going to raise... you would need an infrastructure which would mine the metal.
then machine the tuning fork device into a usable object.. industrial sites, power generating facilities would need to be manufactured to develop Solar array panels to create the energy needed to produce these tuning forks, accoustic vibration devices, and we have no archelogical evidence that Earth people ever had factories or machine tool plants to provide these instruments required to construct buildings/megaliths such as Puma P. in Bolivia

i doubt that blacksmith forges would be advanced enough to mass produce the many tuning-fork chisels or bore bits needed by the hundreds of carvers, polishers. engravers, Stone cutters & shapers needed to construct such cities and megaliths, besides why hasn't even one ancient stone cutting tuning fork tool ever been found
? were they regarded as sacred & revered by the workers and would never be stolen?...did the priestly class have such control over the population that all vibrating tools were recycled & under strict accounting as the 'tools' came by way of the gods?

this is getting too much into the fantasy world adventure area

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OP, great work on gathering this info together, I too have long believed that the ancients used some technology that is likely not alien, but has been lost to us over time. It's well known that the Romans made extensive use of concrete in their construction, but despite their prolific writings the technology was completely lost after 400 AD and not rediscovered again until 1756 (timeline here). It is completely conceivable that the same has happened with the technology used in early megalithic construction. There are many verbal descriptions handed down through the generations of ancient "elders" singing and humming to stones to make them move, yet we dismiss these traditional stories and instead embrace the idea that aliens somehow assisted instead.

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
Gonna have to say I disagree. If we once had advanced technologies of any type and they were then forgotten then wouldn't they have developed again in the natural evolution of technology?

If that is your litmus test for whether this is true or not then you have already been proven wrong in your conclusion. In the 20's through the 50's a 100 pound Latvian immigrant to the United States built a megalithic structure in secret using techniques that he said he had rediscovered from the ancients who built such structures. He worked alone with nothing more than primitive tools and created things such as a 25 foot tall 30 ton telescope and a 9 ton stone door that he somehow managed to drill an 8 foot long hole through the exact center of mass such that it's so delicately balanced that it can be opened with one finger. The man's name was Edward Leedskalnin and his creation was Coral Castle and it still exists. What were his techniques? We don't know, he took them to the grave. He did write a few pamphlets on magnetic currents and it's believed that this played a large part in how he handled the massive stones. What is not disputed is that he did indeed manipulate enormous blocks of stone himself, and that he did it without any modern tools or equipment, just like the ancients did.

edit on 19-3-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I do find it more probable that man did all this pretty much on his own, BUT how come we can’t find all the good gadgets they used to build the things they built. There is also very little record (if any) of these technologies being used in any way or form. If there were tens of thousands of people building all this stuff with these technologies, you would think someone would have carved, painted, or recorded the workings of them on a wall or tablet of stone.

Good thread….S&F!

I wondered that too. If the world was to be destroyed and then repopulated 5000 years later and there was barely any trace of previous civilization. They would find no cave drawings from the 20th century that depicted modern cranes and machinery building skyscrapers. As in the ancient past maybe using vibrational, musical and acoustic forces was understood by most and need not any instructions to be written on a wall.

How many buildings you know today that have a description or illustration depicting how the building was made?

In the last 500 years there were millions of different tools used weighing millions of tons, thousands of massive sailing ships, millions of ancient weapons, constructions, inventions, utensils exist today? Not many.

The antikythera machine is a good example of how before that mechanism was found there was no evidence that men at the time held that level of technology and mainstream archaeology would violently oppose any other theory that suggested man held a level of high technology before present and that he had forgotten that ability. Untill they found one little ancient high tech machine in the sea not they change their tune.

There is no argument that the ancients had very good knowledge of minerals, rocks, and smelting. They were goldsmiths. Gold is one of the best conductors of electricity. Bolivia and Peru were in abundance of this as well as Egypt. Having this knowledge and the ability to shape metals allowed to to delve into acoustic technology. You dont need aliens to teach you that if you make an iron bar and bang it it vibrates. There is no argument that the great pyrmid and other ancient sites incorporated acoustic properties as well as stellar and magnetic alignments.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

lol, OP's videos proves you wrong.

And why would we need to have tech to move 100 ton rocks when we have concrete?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
With respect to the smooth surfaces and tight seams found in many sites, I vote for the 'universal solvent'. A plant extract which only affects non organic material, turning the surface temporarily (until it evaporates ?) to mush. Treat 2 surfaces and shove them together.

Soak a fiber cord with it and you have a chemical 'bandsaw'.

I read about it 40+ years ago. Spanish explorers in central/south America on horseback would find their spurs 'dissolved' but all the leather unharmed after riding thru an area of low growing red shrubs.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One particular flaw in your theory.

You suggest that we talk to NASA re sound cutting of stone, suggesting that this is one of the most advanced techniques that we have available to modern man.

How did humans barely out of CAVES perfect this technique when our most advanced minds are only beginning to understand this now?

In order to get the sort of precision stone cutting needed for blocks that have been dated to 17,000 BC, very advanced, very precise tools would have been needed.

Early man simply didn't have the wherewithal to make such tools.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by Shadow Herder

No, this is not how. While I admire your drive to explain reality, I question the knowledge you have to distinguish between Internet reality and the real world.

All of the things you described are not only ridiculous, given the time you wasted to back up your moronic assertions indicates your probably are hoping that you make those of us that view the construction of such o Jeff's ad mundane appear to look like idiots.

You made some pretty far stretches (as have your sources) concerning the knowledge and labor needed to make such things.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You lost me when you stated no aliens, then countered yourself and said, "this is a theory."

So what is it

Had to be more than just human intelligence, as we just recently found out about our solar system and it's planets, which raises the question: How did our solar system find it's way into transcripts in Egypt, and Mayan civilizations. Not buying this "theory."

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

How many buildings you know today that have a description or illustration depicting how the building was made?

ALL OF THEM. Every building built today has to have a building plan registered. There are manuals readily available in libraries around the world telling anyone with knowledge of such things how to implement every single part of what is needed to build those plans - Electrical, masonry, plumbing, concrete, glass work, etc. The whole lot.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
NASA, helping people build pyramids since 5000BC ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The 6th-Density Amen-Ra manifested the stones of the great pyramids and arranged them into place with thought. Perhaps ancient human beings could do this as well using collective thought-or some other way. The picture of the grey varying shaped stones look so precise that they could have not been made separately and be that accurate. I just can't imagine that each stone was cut precisely to fit.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

if it can be done with ropes and sticks why does NASA go through all that trouble? where are all the discarded tuning forks?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Reply to post by Shadow Herder

No, this is not how. While I admire your drive to explain reality, I question the knowledge you have to distinguish between Internet reality and the real world.

All of the things you described are not only ridiculous, given the time you wasted to back up your moronic assertions indicates your probably are hoping that you make those of us that view the construction of such o Jeff's ad mundane appear to look like idiots.

You made some pretty far stretches (as have your sources) concerning the knowledge and labor needed to make such things.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Ok, Duh, little grey men from outer space in a flying saucer must of dun it den because we aw too stupit to have dun it.

Look who is really moronic.

Little is know about the past and you know very little. Accept that.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

if it can be done with ropes and sticks why does NASA go through all that trouble? where are all the discarded tuning forks?

Why is the ancient sites in egypt and in south america including Baalbek with their megalithic stones and structures still being questioned today, why is it still a mystery as to how we built it then?

Aliens is a weak explanation and a far out ridiculous one at that even though I do support the theory of ancient aliens but being of rational mind and having some knowledge of the barely known past it has led me to investigate and see that man before history had a different view of technology that we have discarded and forgotten thousands of years ago. This is true as I just asked why is the building construction methods of ancient sites such a mystery?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join