It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

You do know that modern medicine acknowleges that the placebo effect is real right?

If people buy into this Gigong nonsense it will help with pain, but not because it works, because people believe it does.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

You don't need to believe but you need to practice nonwestern harmonics like a person needs to practice music to really understand music. So most people when they take up a music instrument lack the discipline but it's been proven that musicians have a different brain structure -- a bigger corpus callosum connecting the left and right hemisphere. Music is right brain dominant -- by listening -- not as intellectual theory -- but as actual music practice and it's the same with meditation. No one really learns about music by talking about it. haha. It's the same with meditation -- only on a much deeper, more profound level.

So for example qigong master Chunyi Lin said he was once a part of a study to test qigong but to do the study he was supposed to read people's energy blockages but then only pretend to heal them without really healing them. This does not work in qigong because when you read someone's blockages it is holographic -- so your consciousness merges with the other person and you feel their blockage internally inside your own body. So when you heal the other person then you are healing yourself as well.

So belief can be a hard-wired brain mentality -- a deeply subconscious wiring of the synapse connections of the brain. Talking does not change belief. Music can change belief -- because music activates the cerebellum and the limbic regions for deep brain transformation -- but it has to be trance music as meditation. So that is the secret of how nonwestern trance music energy works. For example if someone has a stroke then they can't talk but they can still sing since singing is right brain dominant. So they can sing the words they want to say but can't talk. So talking is a type of belief but not as deep as the practicing of music.

So it's the same kind of energy only the intensity of the energy varies -- it's the same process of energy transformation -- only practiced on different levels of energy intensity.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Oh I've already discussed that in detail here

So again the study involved chronic pain for over five years -- not treatable by Western medicine. The qigong treatment was considered very impressive by the researchers for this reason.

So either it was a placebo yet stronger than any Western medicine -- in which case it's a very impressive placebo -- or else it is something that Western science can not recognize yet still works -- i.e consciousness.

So placebo in no way rules out the effectiveness of qigong since it's based on consciousness or spiritual healing but at the same time a placebo is still too limited to explain the qigong treatments.

“The May 24, 2001, issue of The New England Journal of Medicine contained a provocative article by two Danish researchers Asbjorn Hrobjartsson and Peter Gotzsche entitled “Is the Placebo Powerless?” Based on a meta-analysis of 130 clinical trials for a wide range of treatments (including pharmacologic, physical, and psychological protocols) that provided comparisons of placebo with non-treatment results, the authors concluded: “We found little evidence in general that placebos had powerful clinical effects. . . . Outside the setting of clinical trials, there is no justification for the use of placebos.” Proclaiming the “newsworthy-ness” of this conclusion, Gina Kolata, science correspondant for The New York Times, published a first section assessment of the responses to the article that began: “In a new report that is being met with a mixture of astonishment and sometimes disbelief, two Danish researchers say the placebo effect is a myth.”[ii]”

So placebo is no longer accepted as a plausible explanation.

edit on 23-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I don't need to be a musician to HEAR music.

This is in effect what you are telling me.

I need to understand qigong before I can see something levitate.

It doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

I don't need to be a musician to HEAR music.

This is in effect what you are telling me.

I need to understand qigong before I can see something levitate.

It doesn't make sense.

It makes as much sense as qigong.

Maybe it works through mass hysteria?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've never understood why this was a big mystery to be honest.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Western music uses logarithmic tuning so the effects are not as great.

The Bushmen trance dance male healers listen to the females sing all night long -- the voice transmits the electrochemical energy called N/om or jing in Taoist Yoga nonwestern harmonics alchemy.

haha.

Anymore comments or questions? I have plenty more information about nonwestern harmonics alchemy.

So yes if you dance all night to females singing -- the higher natural overtone frequencies creates "frission" which first activates your dopamine via the vagus nerve and then if you keep at then the dopamine switches to serotonin via the vagus nerve and then the left side vagus nerve goes to the heart to increase the oxytocin love which then turns into electromagnetic energy that opens up the pineal gland.

So the Bushmen first train when they enter puberty as males -- in isolation for a month of fasting and trance dancing with the adult male master healers transmitting energy into them.

Then the advanced healers sometimes go into isolation for more advanced energy practice like shape shifting and levitation.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Any more questions????

Are you serious??

You have yet to say anything useful. I really do not see your inclusion in this thread to be helpful in the slightest.

You insert yourself, tell everyone that you are correct and that we just don't understand, and then laugh at anyone that wants evidence of your claims.

So, no. I don't have any questions for you, as you aren't really all that informative.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You have proven a valid point with the ancients and modern stone aged man using music and sound as we use cell phones and the internet. Some people on this thread have proven how lost we have become to the art and power of sound that the very mention of it causes great pain to their conformed intellect.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
Human levitation has not be disproven.

You don't seem to have an understanding of what that abstract said, so I am not going to bother continuing to combat your diatribe. I will comment on the above quote, however.

It is not the responsibly of science to disprove an unsubstantiated claim. It is the responsibility of the claim maker to create a model by which a repeatable experiment can show the desired result. In other words..

Your claim of human levitation has to be proven.

Human levitation is disproven by an evidence of absence as to its existence.

Please create another thread to continue discussing this, as I would love to correct your miscomprehension's about science.

science.... can science explain the 100 monkey effect? what about the amazonian tribes who were able to find the 2 necessary plants out of the thousand of species in the jungle that could be mixed together to make the most powerful hallucinogenic substance on the planet...

they said they perform a song & dance ritual on a full moon and they follow the sound of the plants song to find them, the plants sing to them. Explain that with science.

My point is, science isn't everything and you thinking it is limits your potential.

-TF

P.S) also... science can't explain how 2 people in different towns can have the same dream in which they talk about something and then both remember the conversation the next day to talk about it in real life...
edit on 23-3-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

You have proven a valid point with the ancients and modern stone aged man using music and sound as we use cell phones and the internet. Some people on this thread have proven how lost we have become to the art and power of sound that the very mention of it causes great pain to their conformed intellect.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Please, explain to me the point that has been made, because you seem to be the only one that has found it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtForms

Human levitation has not be disproven.

You don't seem to have an understanding of what that abstract said, so I am not going to bother continuing to combat your diatribe. I will comment on the above quote, however.

It is not the responsibly of science to disprove an unsubstantiated claim. It is the responsibility of the claim maker to create a model by which a repeatable experiment can show the desired result. In other words..

Your claim of human levitation has to be proven.

Human levitation is disproven by an evidence of absence as to its existence.

Please create another thread to continue discussing this, as I would love to correct your miscomprehension's about science.

science.... can science explain the 100 monkey effect? what about the amazonian tribes who were able to find the 2 necessary plants out of the thousand of species in the jungle that could be mixed together to make the most powerful hallucinogenic substance on the planet...

they said they perform a song & dance ritual on a full moon and they follow the sound of the plants song to find them, the plants sing to them. Explain that with science.

My point is, science isn't everything and you thinking it is limits your potential.

-TF

P.S) also... science can't explain how 2 people in different towns can have the same dream in which they talk about something and then both remember the conversation the next day to talk about it in real life...
edit on 23-3-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

Yes.

1. 100 Monkey Effect isn't real.
2. Science is trial and error. The Amazons obviously had a lot of time on their hands.
P.S. I'm stumped. If it happened, then it happened. Science doesn't have all of the answers, but rest assured, when the answer IS discovered, Science will be the method used for discovering the reason.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

[It] works whether you believe in it or not.

[It] can only be done under special circumstances with people respecting the method involved.

Changing your story?

Just replace the [It] back to what I wrote and maybe you won't be misquoting me.

That's called a "strawman argument" -- again instead of dealing with the information I've presented you have to set up your own fantasy that you can then live within.

That reminds me of when Slavoj Zizek sent me a postcard in 1996 stating that what I wrote about him was "fascinating" and that he would get back to me. He never got back to me but then his next book was completely focused on my specific critiques of him. haha. Only he never referenced me and he only presented half of the information I had used to critique him. So that also was setting up a "strawman argument."

Qigong masters are real and are out there practicing qigong powers right now which include levitation and qigong powers have been proven by Western science.

Yeah it is mind blowing stuff -- like I said before -- can your mind handle it? Apparently not. haha.

If you need help dealing with this information about qigong working and enabling levitation just call qigong master Chunyi Lin and ask him if he levitated up nine feet while in full lotus.

springforestqigong.com... to get a phone healing.

There is a certain Mr James Randi (see video below) who has, I believe, an open offer to any Psychic who can prove what they are preaching and is offering the princely sum of 1 million dollars if they can - so far no takers.
If your Mr Chunyi Lin is the person behind the 'phone healing' you mention then I guess he would qualify.
This is very interesting viewing:

Levitation of building blocks is a theory that has been bandied about for yonks and the 'tuning fork' theory is another among many. Again, they are just theories where nobody has constructed a working model so it will remain open to speculation. We can, however, surely agree to disagree without being disagreeable with each other and accept that we each may have views that conflict with others yet respect each others point of view in an amicable way.
This thread has stirred up a hornets nest of debate which has proven to be very informative.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
Incorrect Assumption. Great analysis and thread build, but incorrect assimilation of technology and implementation.

Before the argument of technology and implementation I can't get past the why of it. I've been on this planet 57 years. I have seen lots of rocks and boulders. Not once have I ever thought, 'Wouldn't it be nice to move and carve those boulders to build a structure of some kind.' I've thought of digging holes in the ground, building a tree house, sand castles... So, what made the people back then look at tons of rock and say, 'YEAH, let's build something with that!' ?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Xterrain
Incorrect Assumption. Great analysis and thread build, but incorrect assimilation of technology and implementation.

Before the argument of technology and implementation I can't get past the why of it. I've been on this planet 57 years. I have seen lots of rocks and boulders. Not once have I ever thought, 'Wouldn't it be nice to move and carve those boulders to build a structure of some kind.' I've thought of digging holes in the ground, building a tree house, sand castles... So, what made the people back then look at tons of rock and say, 'YEAH, let's build something with that!' ?

The lack of modern day technology, for one thing. People in those days didn't have the entertainment we do today to keep themselves occupied. There was little more to do than farm and hunt food, eat, sleep, fool around, and kill each other. Basically your only worry was to survive. So, when that's all you have to do in your life you tend to do just about anything that's a change from the norm. People in those days chose to stare at the sky and build stuff. And no matter what age you're in, when you're a guy bigger is always better. It stands to reason ancient man set out to play with stone because as we know today stone lasts pretty much forever.

Why must we look at our ancestors as thick headed idiots? It's almost like we treat them as completely alien to us. I think we really need to get over ourselves. Fire was probably the greatest discovery ever made in our history(not necessarily the most important because that's probably electricity), and ancient man pulled it off. They deserve a lot more credit than being treated as idiots. So they didn't catch the lucky break we did in the past several hundred years that has boosted us to where we're at today, one invention leading to another and so on. Big hairy deal. Could have just as easily happened to ancient man or future man 2,000 years from now.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Why is it so far fetched to imagine man building the ancient sites around the world? Does it not seem more probable that humans who most agree were and are intelligent enough to pile rocks with style and alignment?

I don't know how any of the ancient wonders were done. What makes me uncomfortable is the break of progression in man's intelligence. How could the humans of 5000 years ago (and even before then) know things that puzzle us today? I like to imagine that any third grader today would already have knowledge far greater than those ancient people, and that just isn't the case.

I say this merely for conversation. I am no genius by any standard, so if any of you have any educated insight into the history of human intelligence please share your knowledge with us.

When I think of ancient people I tend to equate them with the Australian Aborigine, or with the human tribes that are still living in today's jungles. How come these people aren't building massive stone structures? If I remember right, the Aborigine doesn't even have a number system beyond 1,2, Few, and Many

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

but rest assured, when the answer IS discovered, Science will be the method used for discovering the reason.

whatever helps you sleep at night...

-TF

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voldster
Why must we look at our ancestors as thick headed idiots?

Not idiots, but beginners in the accumulation of knowledge. Again, look at today's native aborigines. These people aren't stupid, but they didn't build massive structures and they, literally, can't count any higher than two.

There's no way we went from living out in nature right into building mind-boggling cities. And yet, the ancient and highly intelligent Sumer civilization seems to suggest that this is exactly the case.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtForms

but rest assured, when the answer IS discovered, Science will be the method used for discovering the reason.

whatever helps you sleep at night...

-TF

I'm not the one believing in fairy tales.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

James Randi is so fake it's not even funny.

The Myth of the Million Dollar Challenge

Dr Michael Sudduth of San Francisco State University also pointed out to me a wonderful irony in one of the rules. Challenge rule #3 states: "We have no interest in theories nor explanations of how the claimed powers might work." As Sudduth puts it: “Curiously, Randi's challenge itself is saddled with assumptions of this very kind. The challenge makes little sense unless we assume that psi is the sort of thing that, if genuine, can be produced on demand, or at least is likely to manifest itself in some perspicuous manner under the conditions specified by the challenge.”

Randi's Gay Live-in Lover Arrested for Identity Theft

More smut on Randi's Million Dollar challenge here

CSICOP and the Skeptics: An Overview1 GEORGE P. HANSEN2

In contrast, magician James Randi has engaged in much “research,” and this has been given frequent coverage in the pages of SI (e.g., Randi, 1983a, 1983b). In 1983, sociologist Harry Collins warned against giving nonscientists control over scientific procedures. He spoke specifically of conjurors, noting that the magic community is “a group whose values include secretiveness and financial self-interest above the quest for truth” (Collins, 1983, p. 931). Collins’s words were to prove prescient, as illustrated by Randi’s involvement in the “high dilution” affair. In 1988, Jacques Benveniste and colleagues published a paper in Nature that gave support to some ideas of homeopathy (Davenas et al., 1988). After the publication of the Davenas et al. report, a small group was named to examine the procedures of the experiments, and Randi was appointed as one of the three members. The subsequent accounts depict Randi as capitalizing on the opportunity for showmanship and disrupting the business of the laboratory (Benveniste, 1988). Randi made public innuendoes of fraud and incompetence. Later he gave presentations about his involvement. During one of them, he mimicked the Gallic mannerisms of Benveniste and made highly derogatory comments about “French science”; many in the audience were offended (Inglis, 1988b). SI eventually published an article critical of Randi (Shneour, 1989), though it was relegated to the back pages. Shneour wrote specifically of “careless” criticisms, “squander[ing]” “credibility” (p. 95), and even noted that there was a “preconceived bias that Benveniste’s data was fraudulently generated” (p. 94). Both Collins (1988) and Shneour (1989) warned that such practices could be destructive to the conduct of science. Randi (1990a) had little to say in reply.25

And yes James Randi declared Chunyi Lin a fake when someone complained that Chunyi Lin was teaching qigong at their workplace based on the recommendation that Chunyi Lin taught qigong to the Mayo Clinic doctors. haha. Randi, of course, knows nothing about qigong which is based on the sublimation of male life force energy -- whereas Randi's life is based on the external ejaculation of male life force energy.

edit on 24-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join