It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I like this thread. It's very thought provoking. The thing that I like to keep in mind is that many of the buildings that we moderns now consider marvelous examples of ancient technology are really examples of the pinnacle of "stone age" achievement, even if they were built long after the academically recognised Stone Age ended.

As such they likely represent the accumulated experience of thousands of years of manipulating stones. Even today some old cultures are operating at a primitive stone age level, while we have gone very far ahead technologically. Perhaps some of the primitive stone age cultures of the past actually went far beyond their contemporaries within the parameters of what can be done with stone.
edit on 20-3-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I believe the Ancients knew about vibrations, and that when the Library at Alexandria was lost, we lost that contact with our ancestors. Besides, vibrations have been around longer than the Earth has, so why not? The American Indians believed that everything has a spirit within it. We know that all material things are composed of atoms, and atoms have movement, and movement causes vibrations. So, why not? Even the Bible says There are no new things under the Sun. Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3, if memory serves me correctly. Oh, and how about the trumpet blasts that toppled Jericho? Are we onto something here, or what?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Doesn't anyone here think it just might be possible that humans had a pretty good idea how to work stone, since they had been doing it for tens of thousands of years already, prior even to the discovery of the many uses of metal, starting with copper?

It's true. When all you have lying around for a few thousand years is stone, dirt, wood and a few animal and plant products, it's surprising how adept you can get with all of them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

edit on 20-3-2012 by PrimoUno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
To the OP, if you don't subscribe to the traditional thought's by mainstream archeology regarding the progression of man, then you obviously have an open mind. Why then, would you not keep open a possibility that someone like you on another planet refused to believe that the separation of land and water was not a barrier but a challenge to be conquered? Our observation of time is just zero point field, once we figure that out, time will cease to exist, as we observe it, and anything will be (im)possible. ala douglas adams IID

SMR

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by SMR
Why are we still on the "floating rocks" quest when the more important issue here is the precise cuts and drilled holes. I want to see sound waves and acoustics cut and drill into rock in a precise manor like that of the rocks at Puma Punku.

You are aware there are sonic drills right? Sound can be used to cut and drill. More to the point how do we know ancients knew anything about this?

I am very aware of sonic drills ... TODAY.
I want proof of such from thousands of years ago that were supposedly used at sites such as Puma Punku.
I dont want to see someone replicating it in a video with today's machinery.
I want a demonstration of such using materials and know-how that would have been used thousands of years ago. Not some device that is plugged into the wall.

I'm all for discovering the "old way" as I would find it fascinating that they were able to do such, way back then.
I just dont think they had the means of creating this "sonic drill" from materials and knowledge they had back then.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There appears to be a huge misunderstanding throughout this thread about what a sonic drill is. It's also called a "vibratory rotary drill", the head of the drill vibrates up and down (oscillates) while it's rotating at high speed. It does NOT use "sound" for cutting. At no point in time is 'sound' used for anything, other than as a sonic vibration applied to the drill head. They're are used mainly for boring applications, such as boring wells, where the oscillation helps the drill head to slog it's way through all that earth. They are not used for shaping and carving stone, since the material can freely fall away from the drill head. You absolutely would NOT use a sonic drill to shape or plane a square block. These things are used to drill (bore) deep holes.

The second misconceptions being perpetuated is that stone requires advanced tech to shape. It doesn't, go Google some videos showing how stone is fairly easily shaped and cut even when using primitive tech.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

I dont understnd why you are so quick to shoot down the possibility that man built their own structures without the help of of E.Ts.

What kind of humans were they? Was it chuck norris or maybe sylvester stalone?

Science accepts the idea of lost building techniques and logic would dictate that human have been on earth for millions of years.

So where did all this super-duper secret technology go to? Did it disappear? Was it stolen by extra-terrestrials?

Why why is it so far fetched to imagine man building the ancient sites around the world?

Because there is less(if any) evidence to suggest humans possessed such technology, when language other than hieroglyphics was not used. Those people were known as cave man by your own atheist scientific community.

If you tell me the atlantians or lemurians made those temples then you would be more believable. But where did those people go and did they even exist in the first place. The atheist scientific community ignores and ridicules anything it knows but will not acknowledge outside of the secret luciferian cults.

Does it not seem more probable that humans who most agree were and are intelligent enough to pile rocks with style and alignment?

Again what humans were they? Greys and reptillians are also humanoid bipeds. The atlantians and lemurians were humanoid bipeds. The cave men were humanoid bipeds. See where I am going with this?....

You offer no evidence of anything yet are quick to dismiss other people with more compelling ideas.

Evidence means nothing if you are not willing to openly acknowledge you are wrong and others are right. I do the same thing to you: I deny your flimsy make believe evidence and accept other evidence. A bunch of atheist scientists run by the secret socities deserves no repect. Only my hatred and contempt!

Until I see an alien helping humans lift heavy objects on the evening news I am calling BS.
Just the opinion of the majority of great thinkers.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

How can an atheist be a "great thinker"

To quote someone you know they are *pyramidiots*

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

There is a third possibility that you did not consider, that is that aliens did build these things and that they were human, escaped a doomed planet in our solar system and headed for Earth.

If in the future we do find pyramids on the moon for example and they are found to be more ancient then the ones on earth how are we going to explain this?

SMR

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is the closest thing to primitive drilling I could find.
However, this is NOT using any type of "sonic" method.

I could see this being used to drill the holes so long as they use a hard enough material to bore into granite.
Another thing to consider is the "bit" would need to be that of a "drill bit" we use today in matter of size and shape.
Very plausible method in the video above. I would also think they would use a method that would keep the bit as straight as possible as not to angle the hole.

I would entertain this method before the idea of using a tuning fork to drill holes in rock using sonic acoustics, thousands of years ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

If it really was that simple then people would still be using the methods today, it's way cheaper to get Afew thousand people together to chant ( which they still do at churches, stadiums etc) than to build the cranes and other machines that even today still can't lift some of those massive rocks we find around the world without cutting them into pieces.
There is a reason why NASA and other very secret and advanced corporations are the only ones experiencing with that new technology, because it's way too #ing advanced. Specially for a bunch of old tribesmen thousands of years ago.
The native south Americans would have said with pride that they did the lifting of stones by chanting and someone would pass on the techniques to the new generations instead of started building with smaller rocks and less durable results all of the sudden.
The only tools they needed was their throats right? Then why stop?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would of hoped that some of you read the 1st 2 paragraphs in the openeing post.
I clearly said that there was no evidence the proves aliens didnt build our rock walls or temples even though how silly it sounds. I still subscribe to ancient man being far more advanced then we commonly believe and that the possibility that Aliens or man has visited far less advanced stone aged people are great.

Think of our history being written by the people like today's pre-stone age civilizations living in South America and Africa who have never seen a white man let alone a car, skyscraper, computers, cell phones paved roads and a metropolis even though they lives no more than a weeks walk from some of these cities. living on our modern earth right now. Imagine how their stories may describe odd flying monsters, roaring metal/rock beasts, buildings built by the gods that touch the sky.

This too happened in our past where we seemed to have recovered the history and lore that was written by far less advanced people living at those times. What happened to the advanced race and its records? Ask the Freemasons, Templars. What happened to the great civilizations lost in history was somewhat recorded in history. The peoples from around the world tell of great floods, dark skies, cold, no sun, no moon, great earthquakes for a very long time. The earth flooded greatly and much was lost. Dont forget meteor strikes in north america, mega tsunamis and the ring of fire.

Read this link.www.talkorigins.org... It contains many stories around the world that tell of a common destruction.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eniii

If it really was that simple then people would still be using the methods today
The only tools they needed was their throats right? Then why stop?

You have to remember that this civilization is the laziest ever. The greater part of our civilization are comprised of extremely useless people who dont even know how to build a fire or let alone read. In the past was the same.

There were the larger part of the population that just knew how to sustain themsleves through gardening and hunting. Building temples or cutting rock was not useful and not thought of by the commoner and in those times they had no internet, news, no information sharing so those people would not have known about alien tech, ancient advanced men etc. It would of been a small sector of advanced humans that knew about history, technology and last but not least, Masonry.

Why dont white people go on a mission to africa and the jungles of South America to educate everyone there and reveal to them that they are like apes and that we are a mega civilization with our petroleum and gadgets and million man cities. Heck why arent we rescuing them from the jungles and relocating them to a big city? We as humans in the past treated 'lesser' men the same

How can the great pyramids have been lost? Europe had no idea they even existed until Napoleon saw them.
So how did the great pyramids, caral, and most other ancient sites get forgotten or lost ? They lost the pyramids and you are asking why havent they found a hand tool?
Do you understand that we haven't found everything yet and that ancient area will be found for the next 100 years that will push our understanding of who were were back another 10,000 years.

Let me shut the worlds electricity off. I would send every civilization back before the stone age. We as a civilization have no idea how to cut rock let alone shape it. There is a small percentage that do.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well we do agree about the aliens then.....

But if you blame natural destruction for the lack of any evidence for these advanced people why did this same natural destruction somehow leave evidence behind of the non advanced people?

What would Mason and Templars know about something that happened 11,000 years ago half way around the globe from where they formed and operated? Are you claiming that M $ T operated in say, Southern Africa, Australia, China and South America that long ago?

How can the great pyramids have been lost? Europe had no idea they even existed until Napoleon saw them.

No, they were known long before that! The Arabs of course knew of them and past that on to Spain when the conquered it.

European visitors to the pyramids
edit on 20/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here are the extra-terrestrials you are looking for, and guess what they are tall white humans aka Europeans

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Just because we differ in opinion does not mean you need to be so condescending. This is what annoys me about ATS. People cannot discuss ideas on here without being put down. There is no proof on either of our ends, just theories. I lean towards aliens you lean towards men. Maybe neither of us is right, so get over yourself and keep your mind open.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Well we do agree about the aliens then.....

But if you blame natural destruction for the lack of any evidence for these advanced people why did this same natural destruction somehow leave evidence behind of the non advanced people?

Well that would all depend on geography. From what I understand is that most ancient find are found inland and not on the coast which lends some substance the the great deluge reported by many of the inhabitants of south America. The majority of the people that did survive were usually shepherds, farmers, savages who lived in the jungles, mountains and highlands. When a ancient find is found near a coast it is usually situated on a high mountain or plateau

The use of sound, vibrations and mastery of natural elements is lost on modern man. For the last 1 million years many species of mankind has existed on this planet perfecting the use of natural elements such as rocks, water, wind, sun, fire and sound just as we have knowledge of how to create synthetic materials and utilize that daily.

To answer your Q is will ask one as well. Say in 1000 years man visits the lost city of Chernobyl. What tools and building methods would you find described there and where? Have they sent anyone in there to engrave pictures of how the city was built, what tools were used and what happened to the city just in case we lose it?

That same reason is why at these ancient sites they are almost void of and evidence as to who, why and how they were built, this is true because here were are wondering how the ancients did it and why. If we knew the truth it wouldnt be archaeology anymore, it would just be history.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX

Just because we differ in opinion does not mean you need to be so condescending. This is what annoys me about ATS. People cannot discuss ideas on here without being put down. There is no proof on either of our ends, just theories. I lean towards aliens you lean towards men. Maybe neither of us is right, so get over yourself and keep your mind open.

Maybe you should re read my post. I am with you brother. I subscribe to both theories. I first want to exhaust all possibilities that human did it and that would automatically lead me to people from other solar systems.

Did you ever consider that maybe the ancients were being visited by more advanced races that lived upon the earth at that time? Earth was much bigger then with small pockets of humans situated 10's of thousands of miles apart. It could of very well have been another planet considering the lack of expedient locomotion.

A modern 13 year old boy with all his modern gadgets, sayings, beliefs and knowledge would be considered an Alien if here were to be lost with some remote 'lost' tribe. With this boy trying to get a cell signal, speaking an odd language wearing what must be god clothing or space suit. Lets hope he didnt crash from out of the skies. That poor tribe for the next 1000 years will have some messed up religion and tales of sky people.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
To answer your Q is will as one too. Say in 1000 years man visits the lost city of Chernobyl. What tools and building methods would you find described there and where? Why hasnt anyone sent a team in there to engrave pictures of how the city was built, what tools were used and what happened to the city? That same reason is why at these ancient sites they are almost void of and evidence as to who, why and how they were built, this is true because here were are wondering how the ancients did it and why.

It wouldn't be archaeology anymore, it would just be history.

Your repeatedly fall back on this line of reasoning when it is clearly flawed.

Man has documented Chernobyl using ready for it?

Contempory Record Keeping Practices!

If man was still keeping detailed logs of how he did things by drawing on walls, then lots of walls would be drawn on.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
dble post

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join