It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
reply to post by asmall89

Some say a great catastrophe happend in the Americas aroun 12000 years ago. Such as a meteor strike over carolina, rapid ice melt from the ice age sheet. Mega tsuanmis, days, months of perpetual darkness and rains.

Dont take my word for it. Here are hundreds of ancient stories that did survive.

www.talkorigins.org...

You will see that something happened to us. Something so great as to make us forget ourselves, our past. This is fact.

what makes you think that that the meteor strike is the source of flood myths? there are flood myths that aren't anything like each other.
go compare the norse flood myth to the sumarian one, they are nothing alike other than lots of water.

here is a more logical explanation: people lived near water sources, they shared a common fear, that of drowning. more than likely your culture had experienced at least one massive flood, and considering there is a good chance that your world consisted your culture and a few others, your world was not that large and it would seem to be flooding the whole earth.

this is not a fact, this is your opinion, have you even read all the flood myths? they aren't all like the one found the bible or the rest of the ME religions. the archaeological argument is that the AME stories come from a common source, when the black sea flooded, but not all of them.

here is one
Pygmy:
Chameleon heard a strange noise, like water running, in a tree, but at that time there was no water in the world. He cut open the trunk, and water came out in a great flood that spread all over the earth. The first human couple emerged with the water. [Parrinder, pp. 46-47]

Greenlander:
The world once overturned. Some people were turned into fiery spirits; all the rest drowned but one. Afterwards, the survivor smote the ground with his stick, a woman sprung out, and the two of them repopulated the world. Proof of the flood is found in the form of sea fossils on high mountains. [Gaster, p. 120]

Kaska (northern inland British Columbia):
A great flood came; people survived it on rafts and canoes. Darkness and high winds came, which scattered the vessels. When the flood subsided, people landed at the nearest land and lived where they had landed. Thus they were scattered all over the world, and when they met again long afterwards, they were different tribes and spoke different languages. [Gaster, p. 119]

other than water and people they don't seem that related to me.

SMR

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Why are we still on the "floating rocks" quest when the more important issue here is the precise cuts and drilled holes. I want to see sound waves and acoustics cut and drill into rock in a precise manor like that of the rocks at Puma Punku.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

To some extent i agree with you. In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas.And i must admit ive all ways had a fascination with this.There is a just a mass of fascinating information about flying machines, even fantastic science fiction weapons, that can be found in translations of the Vedas.The question is was this the worlds first science fiction or where they describing real events? I dont believe will ever no the answer to this but its fun to think about.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A quick question...

Why did the blue eyed white man with or without the beard leave? Why did he never return?

All I see are apples and oranges here fellows.

It appears both side are correct here.

Homo Sapiens built these structures. We are a hybrid species.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Why does everyone think that if it was not us humans who built stone structures then it must of been aliens or very clever / skilled humans when its just as likely to be built by a species of life on earth, like the way termites build amazing structures, those really old flat stones that were built upon by humans may of just been millions years of insects or creatures that were not us but perfectly natural and earth based?

To think that aliens are responsible for things we dont know is cheap, what's wrong with a load of workers dipping buckets into a lava stream and quickly pouring into a mould, carting off the stones with huge cows and creating a palace then a quake or eruption destroyed it all and puma punku was left and they tried easier methods elsewhere.

Is it possible monoliths and standing stones were for communicating to each other placed around and used or listening to far away and sending sounds (like that raf concrete ear in kent), maybe perfectly flat structures where all the rage but as we increased in population it was disregarded much like the telegraph systems.
My first post, very interesting site
good topic

edit on 20-3-2012 by craybiez because: just watched Ancient Aliens Mystery of Puma Punku

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Why are we still on the "floating rocks" quest when the more important issue here is the precise cuts and drilled holes. I want to see sound waves and acoustics cut and drill into rock in a precise manor like that of the rocks at Puma Punku.

You are aware there are sonic drills right? Sound can be used to cut and drill. More to the point how do we know ancients knew anything about this?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thats all fine and good, I believe ancient man was mentally much more tuned in to the earth, its resonance, and the universes as a whole. I do have one question for you though, why did they use all those sonic, laser tools etc. to carve alien faces in the megalithic structures and other sites all around the world? Additionally Puma Punku is pretty awesome in just a WTF kind of way, but it is in no way near as impressive as Nan Madol, Micronesia.
edit on 20-3-2012 by hawaiiguy61 because: alternate structure

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The alarming thing for me is that Puma Punku, some time after completion, was literally blown apart. Some have suggested an earthquake but the computer generated image of the completed building suggests that it was very flat and would therefore have fallen in on itself. It's all right talking about "The Ancients" like they were some mystical and magical race of people who just appeared out of nowhere, created this wonderful building and then just disappeared after blowing it to smithereens, but they have left us with questions that nobody has been able to answer.
Why and how were grooves etched into some of the blocks with equidistant holes drilled through 2 feet of solid rock?
Also, on other posts it has been suggested that there was a way to 'melt' the rocks into plasticine so they would fit into each other but if this was possible surely they would have manipulated them into easily managed, same size, brick shapes!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well Just Maybe They DID with some Cymatics
with just maybe some Civilization Type 2 or 3 's Help

Here is a a Theory

maybe in the Future say 50 years 100 years 1000 years ,, from Out Present Day Point of View
We Found a Way of ((( Time Travel ))) Back in Time ...

From that Theory Alone would Answer Pretty Much !!

Also it Would Open Doors of Explanation of Say Atlantis , Ancient Anomalies Around the World

Maybe those UFO's Aliens are Human Creation's in the Future

Or just maybe The Battle Star Galactic Ending has Some Truth ..

Either its Forgotten Lost Knowledge , Yet nothing of Evidence Written
how the Pyramids were Made Nothing in the Pyramids them selves no Glyphs no Art Work to go on

Except There's is a Lot of Sumerian Text still Awaits to be looked Upon..

Especially if there were Examined but they were Thrown in the Myth Bin

Don't for get the Walls of Jericho !!! Sound & the Right Frequency Trumpet

The Ancients may of known about Cymatics and Sonic's

STEVEN HALPERN Cymatic Imagery of Sacred Chant recorded Inside the Great Pyramid

Tone Frequency

Another Picture

The Speaker to .... Levitate , Cadence , or Voice like the rhythm of a Drum in a Ships Gally

I Love this Clip !!

how GOD and Religion created?

modern experiment during WWII shows that how primitive people encounter advanced people and they create religion and god

edit on 20-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The OP does make some arguments that in the right context, can be used for working/shaping stone, the question remains if in fact that technology existed at that time, and where the technology came from. I find it hard to believe that Alien life does not exist simply because of statistical functions. Hubble took a series of images that covered approx. 1/24,000,000 of the sky, and imaged approx 3,000 galaxies with who knows how many planets, that roughly equals a possible 72 billion galaxies with times more planets.

That being said, I am not convinced wither way, that aliens did help, or definitely did not help, but the OP sure gives food for thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voldster

Originally posted by buster2010
How does a race of people who didn't even have a written language supposed to come up with the concept of a sonic drill?

Also moving the rocks by magnetism is lodestone native to that area?
So written language is a stepping stone to advanced technology? We didn't need written language to create fire to stay warn and to cook. Just one example of many...

Oh, I guess Aliens gave us fire, too.

Quite a step from fire to a sonic drill don't you think? To make something like a sonic drill you have to design it. How can you design something without a language to put it in? Fire occur naturally in nature sonic drills don't.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
Sigh... every single building today has detailed blueprints, dimensions, weights and construction procedures (granted they aren't engraved into the walls, but you bet they exist.)
Every single heavy construction machine has manuals, production standards, etc etc.

On one hand you say that they are "depicted using tools," and then you say "why would they do that?"

What they DID describe (in detail) is how the Gods came and interacted with them and imparted this motivation/ability unto them. Let me ask you: why would they do THAT?

Originally posted by gimpy327
Are you forgetting all the handed down oral and written stories from the ancients stating that the gods that came from the sky, sun and stars built them or gave them the tools necessary to do it?

I'm sounding like a broken record here at ATS, but I'll say this again.
Please feel free to link us to these claimed descriptions of gods coming from the sky and giving stone mason knowledge to people recently out of the Stone Age.

Doesn't anyone here think it just might be possible that humans had a pretty good idea how to work stone, since they had been doing it for tens of thousands of years already, prior even to the discovery of the many uses of metal, starting with copper?

Harte

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The one thing that Christopher Dunn mentions in when he is partaking of that show is that there is indeed swirl marks that rotate in such a way that it could not be done by the type of tools of the ancient. mainstream education theories.

I think people have to take SERIOUSLY consider what Ernest Norman states is that a martian civilization is living underground as I type this. Nasa is holding this information back because of the Brooking Report. The report mentions people could go in shock.

A being by the name if Nur-El said to him that they tried to start up a colony on earth and it was not practical

!. Possible Fact
Tubes on mars are MAN (martian) MADE biology.. (The start up race of the Chinese.race)
Possible Fact
Gary Wilcox spoke wth Martians on his 300 acre farm in 1964, April 12. Same day as the Lonnie Zamorra incident.
Fact
Nasa is "holding back information" and releasing blurred gadget photos, structures, faces by the TONS!
Fact
Chris Dunn SHOULD be take very seriously.
Fact.
Mainstream Education better take what Chris Dunn talks about are they will be left in the dust over a period of centuries.
Possible fact: don't expect for Nasa to go public on martian civilization anytime soon.
The martians seem to be so advanced that it probably scares the pants off them..
God bless Nasa !
Possible Fact
That Ernest Norman's book "The Truth About Mars" Should be taken very seriously.

I am not a Unarian but I have a lot of respect for what is said in that book based on the slow nasa leaks of martian past and (very possible) present civilization!.
I really don't think Gary Wilcox (1964) testimony was false. I think he hit the nail on the head big time, But because the truth has been layered and hidden as Neil Armstrong would say, Americans just are not able to see the true reality of life on mars. Most americans have a FALSE concept of what mars really is like, they think it is lifeless and nothing could be further from the truth.

THAT WE ARE NOT ALONE ! WITH RACES THAT LOOK LIKE US, FEEL LIKE US AND ARE NOT DEMONS!
Can't live on this earth because they LOST their resistance to earth because they had to go underground because of solar flares.

Beings in white (from head to toe) uniforms: * Above line

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

So the Egyptians yelled and sang the pyramids together, did they. Seems a tad implausible to me, considering their structural perfection. Approximately 2.5 million stones in the great pyramid, ranging from 2-70 tonnes. Some of them cut from a quarry over 500 miles away. According to 'modern' science the pyramids were built in approximately 20 years with hundreds of thousands of man and animal power. Do the math.

Use your logic...seems a bit odd, no? Oh, and after they built these pyramids, which were feats of engineering, architecture, math, and physics...then they carved stick figures inside them.

Right

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

Originally posted by newcovenant

I think it is sort of sad there is a whole lot of people out there who are afraid to accept the details and information given by credible people with first hand accounts and witness testimony.

There is a difference between awaiting tangible proof and out of hand dismissal.

Very pathetic and almost unbelievable how many people will not accept "we are being visited by extraterrestrials" until the government and MSM tells them it's happening!

pathetic? in what way is it pathetic? because YOU believe it therefor everyone else must, or we are a bunch of morons?
sorry to break it to you but you guys have no evidence, not a shred of evidence for your claims, and the inverse seems more supported . trying to claim that the monuments are proof is hardly evidence when other explanations are just as plausible and have real evidence.

arguments from incredulity and ignorance are not real arguments, which seems to be a common failing of a lot of people on this thread, just because you can't fathom humans doing it doesn't mean aliens must have done it.
i would think if the ancients had met with alien lifeforms they would be more prolific about documenting things.

i don't need the government or the MSM to tell me the AA "theory" is a farce, it rests on ignorance, lack of education, denial and twisting of facts,
nothing says failure like claiming that the people who spend their lives learning about a subject are wrong, simply because you think a statue, artifact, or image looks like a space craft or alien, even though you have no education in archaeology or ancient cultures.

edit on 20-3-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

I never said "you are all a bunch of morons." That would suggest there are a lot of people with you. There are few people ignorant enough to come out with such an outlandish and impossible to prove claim as we are not being visited by extraterrestrials. All most people can claim is they do not know although 75% of people already suspect the truth. You are in a slow minority but I have patience and know you will catch up eventually.

There is photographic and film evidence supported by "multiple" witness testimony and actual radar sightings. All I can guess is that you have not done a painstaking investigation of the topic. You have simply skimmed the surface of UFOLOGY or have been been hopelessly distracted with, and mired in, disinformation - deliberately introduced to cloud the issue and fool the simple.

The film evidence has been around for ages and comes from a time when retouching was impossible as proved by experts who examined the film. Machines don't lie. If you do not believe in the actuality of "visitation" then you have not seen enough footage, photos or heard enough direct witness testimony coupled with corroborating expert witness testimony, seen the radar reports or read the newspaper reports to draw the correct and actual conclusions. This is all provided you are sane and rational to begin with.

You want to wait for Uncle Sam to tell you UFO's are real?
That is up to you.

You want to be dense in light of the preponderance of physical evidence and cases left unexplained? Cases where experts admit - there is no other explanation? That is kind of stupid in my opinion but I know that's just me discounting all YOUR advanced and "especial" knowledge on the topic because, I am stupid, ignorant and misinformed. We could go on like this all day but... I am right and time will prove it.

edit on 20-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
Gonna have to say I disagree. If we once had advanced technologies of any type and they were then forgotten then wouldn't they have developed again in the natural evolution of technology? We still cannot move 100 ton blocks of stone with any type of technology other than pure mechanical yet we are almost at quantum computing. To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction. I think the newest episode of Ancient Aliens puts forth some very good evidence for this.

Who ever thought you can vibrate a rock or find its resonance and make it lighter or vibrate across a surface using forks or sound like horns or chanting.

Its interesting that you say that this is far out of the grasp of man and cant fathom man achieving this in the past but you resort that ancient beings from space did it.

Sounds and vibrations dont need alien tech. We have lost the knowledge or discarded for other methods the ability to lift stones of great weight. We think we need to move weight with brute force power when invisible forces can easily do what no machine cant.

but for this theory to work you need sound frequency to be focused, and having thousands of peasants chanting while some dude is wielding a giant tuning fork while some other guys are trying to cordinate all of this to cut stone sounds hilarious to me, do they all stand around and chant at the fork or do they all have individual tuning forks to aim at the larger tuning fork to create a super tuning fork condensor, so in effect the giant tuning fork then is a weapon of mass destruction, or you could team guys up and they just fork all day. i can picture this in my mind now. it would make a great monty python sketch. but if this is in effect true why cant we stick a giant tuning fork in the middle of a sporting event and harness the power, there are after all around 100,000 people at some. or just take a small one and see what happens?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Very intriguing thread, the Bible mentions on several occasions that sound was used, praying,trumpets etc were used to bring down walls. Oh jeez I mentioned the Bible, who would believe that silly book anyways. Must be aliens.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Puma Puncu reminds me of the last scene from Planet of the Apes...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
O.K. people have said you would need a different frequency for different size stones -- but this is assuming the Western mathematics using irrational geometry. Nonwestern music uses rational numbers which have a stronger nonlinear resonance creating a stronger amplitude.

Here' s a google review of a book on ultrasound technology creating erosion through rational number harmonics

What Is Harmonic Resonance? chapter 2 pdf

The amplification in a harmonic resonance system need not involve only a single amplifier, but can also be performed in a distributed computational architecture using hundreds or thousands of individual local amplifiers distributed uniformly throughout the resonating cavity, that instantaneously amplify and play back the acoustical signal picked up in that local region. This would also tend to amplify the natural standing wave resonances of that resonator while allowing multiple resonances to occur simultaneously. The spontaneous emergence of electrochemical resonance in bulk neural tissue could be explained by this kind of emergent process whereby each cell of the tissue behaves as a local resonator that is capable of resonating at a range of different frequencies, but the frequency at which it resonates at any particular time is influenced by the resonance it picks up from its neighbors. In other words, each cell in the resonating system is a selfamplifying resonator, with a natural tendency to lock into phase with the resonance in the tissue around it. In fact, the tissue of the cardiac muscle has been shown to exhibit exactly this kind of spontaneous resonance. When individual cells of the cardiac muscle are separated from the bulk muscle and maintained in isolation in vitro, they are observed to oscillate electrically, each at its own natural frequency, but when they are assembled into bulk tissue, even if only by contact, they automatically adapt to each other’s oscillations, to produce a single synchronized oscillation of the bulk muscle as a whole. As early as 1953 Bremer (1953) observed spontaneous electrical oscillations of the cat spinal cord that maintain synchronization from one end of the cord to the other, even when the cord is severed and reconnected by contact alone, whereas when completely separated, each fragment oscillates independently. A similar phenomenon is observed when a live snake is chopped into segments, each segment continues to writhe periodically for some time before it eventually dies, whereas in the whole snake the different parts all writhe in unison with a global wave pattern. A similar kind of synchrony between independent oscillators is also observed in the flashing lights of fireflies. Each individual firefly flashes at their own particular frequency when kept in isolation, whereas when released in the open, huge swarms of fireflies all flash in synchrony sometimes with tens of thousands of other individuals. And a similar effect is observed in the chirping of crickets, that also synchronize their chirps with each other. I propose that the principle that synchronizes fireflies and crickets to flash or chirp in synchrony, is the same principle that synchronizes the various parts of a firefly’s brain so as to behave as an integrated whole, a unitary Gestalt, as also observed in visuospatial experience, and in the dynamic symmetry and balance of motor patterns across space and time. This is the emergent self-organizing pattern formation principle exploited by nature for its templates for geometrical forms. The resonance automatically discovers or “computes” the array of harmonics of the resonating system because the resonances feed back on, or amplify themselves, and thus they occur more readily, at a lower energy, than non-harmonic vibrations that tend to cancel each other by destructive interference.

edit on 20-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

Periodically forced, nonlinear oscillators often show a strong response when driven near a rational multiple of the natural frequency of the linearized system: Such occurrences are known as subharmonic, ultraharmonic, and ultrasubharmonic resonances. In these systems, at these resonances, nonlinearities conspire to shift the response from the driving frequency to (near) the natural frequency of the linearized system. We demonstrate that such resonances are particularly sensitive to a very slight modulation of the forcing to include a component at (near) the natural frequency. This modulation can be constructed—using techniques developed herein—to annihilate or to enhance the subharmonic or ultraharmonic resonance. The ideas are first introduced using a multiple-scales perturbation analysis of the Duffing equation. Later, fully nonlinear techniques are developed that can be implemented using continuation algorithms on a computer. For example, optimal control theory is used to devise a very small modulation of the forcing that annihilates the principal subharmonic of the Duffing equation via a contrived saddle-node bifurcation of periodic orbits. Following this manufactured saddle-node bifurcation, the surviving attractor is of a much smaller amplitude. Similar efforts aimed at the sharp ultraharmonics of the Rayleigh-Plesset equation of nonlinear bubble dynamics are equally successful—although the rich modal structure of the response requires some variations on the control strategy. Finally, these ideas open up the possibility of controlling the shape of broad areas of the response diagrams important in many applications.

Control of Ultra- and Subharmonic Resonances using rational numbers
edit on 20-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I greatly appreciate the fact that you are able to comrehend scientific applications and terminology. This sounds like a much more reasonable possibility than any that I have heard before. I am familiar with magnetic resonance as well as sonic resonance, having been a musician for 46 years and a Tool & Die Maker / Machinist for 37 years. Also, I used to win Science Fairs in school, so I also have THAT background as well. Piezoelectronics makes it possible to attach a pick-up to a solid-body electric guitar, transfer vibrations to the amplifier, and produce a sound similar to that of an acoustic guitar. Also, I have seen Hardened Tool Steel being cut by high-pressure water-jets, so therefore, I agree that your theory makes the most sense. I will have to say that my own theory, that the Pyramid-blocks were poured in place ( similar to Masonry work), was dispelled when I saw a special about the Sahara Desert, in which they showed the blocks close-up. The blocks have seashell fossils in them, thereby disproving my theory. As for Aliens, that is something I absolutely do not believe in, so I knew it had to be done by Humans. Now, thanks to your article, I believe we have found the answer. It just makes me wonder what Ancient scientific skills and knowledge we lost when the libaray at Alexandria burnt down. If I was to guess, I would say that there may have been some original manuscripts from the Bible.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join