It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How does a race of people who didn't even have a written language supposed to come up with the concept of a sonic drill?

Also moving the rocks by magnetism is lodestone native to that area?
So written language is a stepping stone to advanced technology? We didn't need written language to create fire to stay warn and to cook. Just one example of many...

Oh, I guess Aliens gave us fire, too.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
It's funny some people get offended when you doubt a culture could do these things

Maybe the people were made of different stuff back then- the right stuff. I say this because if, today, we were asked (or even threatened) to build a pyramid by hand, the answer would be a unanimous, "What' re you, nuts?"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So, where did they learn to smelt metal and where are the casts? Ovens?

Why did they not create swords or any other tools which would've survived through the ages?

Why did they solely take on this huge task of carving into rocks and not do anything else?

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Imagine now hundreds of people making sound with horns or vibrating rocks to the right tone.

I don't think that's realistically possible. I'm not buying this anymore than the theory aliens did it.
edit on 19-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Great stuff, thanks for posting.

Have you tried doing any of this stuff yourself?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snalesnot

Check out what this guy has done so far, by himself, no cranes, aliens, angels, voodoo, or leprechauns involed

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zadkiel
YOU MIGHT FIND THE INFORMATION HERE USEFUL...
A HUGE BOOK, I HAVE BEEN PERUSING IT FOR 35 YEARS NOW...
www.urantia.org...

I hardly think a book that was ultimately inspired by the Kellogg brothers is germain to the discussion.

Sadler was a kook.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i want to punch you in the face......

a sonic drill is still ALOT MORE F*(^^*(&%(*%&^^*&$&%^#$&#%^#%^& ADVANCED then we THOUGHT they were

and even still

THIS IS JUST A THEORY, BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW, I DONT KNOW, NOBODY KNOWS.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

ShadowOblivionX I WANT TO SHAKE YOUR HAND

Thanks for telling him how it is right off the bat

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your comments just gave me a thought.

We are building a payramid but intead of building it in stone we are doing it with our society.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

what makes you think their society wasn't shaped the same way?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
Gonna have to say I disagree. If we once had advanced technologies of any type and they were then forgotten then wouldn't they have developed again in the natural evolution of technology? We still cannot move 100 ton blocks of stone with any type of technology other than pure mechanical yet we are almost at quantum computing. To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction. I think the newest episode of Ancient Aliens puts forth some very good evidence for this.

that's just narrow minded thinking. "If we can't do it today, they couldn't do it in the past"

Very smug, at that. We have quantum computing and they could build pyramids. There is no correlation.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by snalesnot

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by snalesnot
ye and good luck making perfectly flat surfaces on every side of 100 tons stones then transfering it 60miles on wooden logs without any chips or damage to the sides.

Only a fool would attempt such a thing.

You move a rough stone THEN you finish it.

how the hell do you move a 100ton rough stone 60miles on logs? oh wait it must of been 150tons so then they carved it to 100 haha. i think not
edit on 19-3-2012 by snalesnot because: (no reason given)

Exactly. John Keel, a famous ultra-terrestrial researcher and author of the paranormal, goes into great detail asking these questions without even taking the alien theory seriously...he just mocks(rightfully so) the standard model of bs by our ATHEIST SCEINTIFIC COMMUNITY.

The worst channel of all imo is national geographic. It should be called the bugs bunny channel, but even that is giving those morons too much credit.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If this were true, then wouldn't we have found evidence by now? I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is such a sensitive subject with countless possibilities.

Basically, for you to make the title one that discounts a good possibility, is ignorant. Which i believe as ATS members we are supposed to deny.

Just my two sense

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Didnt say there were not, only we are building it bigger.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hondafoxracer

Evidence could be hiding right under our noses and we might not know it.
If you give some tribe that has been isolated a bunch of electrical wire, they would probably think it is just some fancy rope. If you don't understand the concept, you could easily mistake an important tool as a toy or something.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
not to mention Anti-gravity forces from Ley Lines to moves stone blocks that too heavy to moved by even today's equipments

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The title is founded on the opinion that there were no "aliens" involved. The original post was very well thought out and organized all the same. The methods spoke of and referenced to make sense to me, and it seems the more we all delve into all these topics on ATS, that some force, some call it the Ether, some call it the ability to form the formless through word or thought. Anti-gravity levitation, etc. I believe there are many electromagnetic forces, and forces of vibration and frequency active around us at all times. It's evident that sound is a very important factor with all of this mystery.

This method is for sure plausible, but it doesn't mean that from shore to shore, shore to inland, globally, that this technique was used despite large volumes of ocean separating these cultures. The seemingly fictional seems to be indicative of people having been influenced heavily through their own wisdom and consciousness, or by an external factor of influence. How did they build 800 or more Moai on Easter Isle, and move them down the side of a volcano and quarry so delicately?

Most of these structures seem to point to a knowledge of astronomy, a real fixation, hardcore desire to understand the stars, or at least knowledge of the precession and of possibly several other planets and constellations, and star systems. My stance on these feats is, even if possible by their own hands in a way we can explain, or will someday be able to explain, still make these tremendous feats.

There are many factors to consider with these ancient structures.

Built by Gods, or influenced by Gods? In our time, wouldn't it make sense that the Gods would be ET? Style seems to vary by culture, but many cultures seem so alike at the same time. I personally believe that Atlantis was real, and that we're living on a planet that isn't half as spiritually and consciously active as it once was. People can keep saying that these people marched out with copper tools doing all of this, but there's just much more evidence that it was much more than that. Clearly there are large segments of history either unaccounted for, or falsified thoroughly.
edit on 19/3/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Imagine now hundreds of people making sound with horns or vibrating rocks to the right tone.

I don't think that's realistically possible. I'm not buying this anymore than the theory aliens did it.

You'd first have to get hundreds of people all blowing horns at exactly the same frequency, resonating perfectly, which would also have to be the correct frequency for the rock. That would be essentially impossible even at Led Zeppelin volume levels, which you can't attain by simply adding more horns. It doesn't work that way.

And even if you managed to find the resonant frequency of a big rock with a bunch of horns, you're not going to vibrate it with the rock sitting on the ground. That would absorb all the resonance. Something like a guitar string resonates because it's suspended between two points. Vibrating a rock would require that it be suspended in some way, which would take a tremendous amount of energy to move to begin with.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I always thought the dinosaurs built 'em.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Incorrect Assumption. Great analysis and thread build, but incorrect assimilation of technology and implementation.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join