It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
reply to post by boncho

Actually, I never mentioned or implied" aliens". I just don't believe pivoting stones on pebbles solves all of the problems.

No, but the post I quoted and was replying too did.

To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction.

Link

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Isn't archeoacoustics about them building to achieve a certain sound quality?

I've never heard of it being a construction method.
edit on 19-3-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If ancient Egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids, and if there was no vanished, technologically superior human race that could, then why not attribute the feat to Martians or some other interplanetary extraterrestrial beings? There has been a continuing abundance of books that have put forth this very theory: The Morning of the Magicians by Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier (Stein and Day, 1964), Chariots of the Gods? by Erich von Däniken (GP Putnam's Sons, 1970), The Stairway to Heaven by Zecharia Sitchin (St. Martin's Press, 1980), Mars Mystery: The Secret Connection Between Earth and the Red Planet by Graham Hancock (Three Rivers Press, 1999), and Gods of the New Millennium: Scientific Proof of Flesh & Blood Gods by Alan F. Alford (Hodder & Stoughton, 1999).

Again, these theories are not based on any scientific evidence or on the known archaeological record, but rather on fantasy firmly grounded on false supposition. Many of the above authors agree with von Däniken when he wrote, "If we meekly accept the neat package of knowledge that the Egyptologists serve up to us, ancient Egypt appears suddenly and without transition with a fantastic ready-made civilization." (Chariots of the Gods?, p. 74.) Obviously, Mr. von Däniken has never studied the prehistory of Egypt, of which much has been written.

"There are many problems connected with the technology of the pyramid builders and no genuine solutions," von Däniken added (p. 75), referring to what could only have been the inferior knowledge of the natives of Africa. "With what power, with what 'machines,' with what technical resources was the rocky terrain leveled off at all?" he cried in wonder at the Giza Plateau, awed at the thought of a level surface (p. 77-78).

Then, as a coup de grâce to conventional Egyptology, von Däniken proclaimed that "Today, in the twentieth century, no architect could build a copy of the pyramid of Cheops, even if the technical resources of every continent were at his disposal." (p. 78) An absurd comment, of course, but he can smugly rest assured that it can never be put to the test, and he likely hopes that in consequence we will be naive enough to accept his words as axiomatic. Unfortunately for von Däniken and others, most of us are still capable of critical thought.www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Can you find the construction method, tools and plans for the antikythera machine or atleast the workman who built it? There has to be plans for this stuff from years of trial in error in our record some early prototypes and pictures of the workan and his tools. no??
edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Imagine that - you hit a large tuning fork with a hammer, apply the bottom of its handle to the side of a stone, the stone vibrates in sympathy, standing waves arise within the stone, and those standing waves turn into electromagnetic or gravitational waves.

We know that there's a fundamental law- a conservation of energy. So let's begin.

It would have to be a pretty large hammer, and a pretty strong blow to rise let's say a 5000 pounds stone block on the height of 5m. You would need a 111,3KJ of energy, given there's no loss of energy[we know that efficiency can't be 1, it's forbidden by 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics]
So for the 33% efficiency we would need a 334KJ of energy.
You would have to smash the tuning fork with a catapult arm to achieve such energy.
We can assume the catapult efficiency is 33%[overestimated] and it has a 1000kg load at the end of the arm.
So we would need a 1002KJ of energy. The 1000kg load at the arm would have to achieve a speed of 44.8 m/s.
It's hardly obtainable, but definitely in their technological grasp, as it is very crude[ beside the fork casting].

1002KJ of energy is 240kcal of energy. So it's very little in comparison to the daily energy need of worker[3000kcal], but you would have to put workers to operate catapult,at least dozen.
But before obtaining all the profits of tuning fork, you have to put very, very much work in building it and catapult.
The tuning fork would have to be very resistant to overbending given such high energies, so it would need a special additions to steel.
However i'm sure the one generation could have made such object and the successors would have use it without spending time, work and energy in building one.
Unfortunately the profits of such solution aren't even comparable to normal type of construction work.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Furbs

Use your brain a little more. Research the readily available stories and lore that came from these cultures you think were inspired by E.T's. Reading your post makes me feel like a dolt for ever entertaining the idea of A.A.

I would respectfully request that you do the same, because there is no empirical research to suggest your theory is sound.

There are no written records detailing vibration technology.
There are no artifact records detailing vibration technology.

Nothing you have referenced can stand up to critical analysis.

Yes there is.
Yes there is. It has been proven and shown in this thread and many others.

Its called Archaeoacoustics Here I help you. lmgtfy.com... or lmgtfy.com...
and if dont understand those then try lmgtfy.com...

Read the post man. Stop being so ignorant. I recommend a snack and a nap.

Archaeoacoustics is not the same thing as "This is how Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision".

As I have said..

There are no artifact records detailing vibration technology.

Your pseudoscience isn't -actual- science.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Impressive thread! (considering sheer size)

My question is... where are the artifacts of these drills? And where in the Egyptian history is it recorded that this is what they did?

Oh... the guy above me asked the same exact question, hahaha

And another note, you, OP, are representing yourself very poorly with snide links and abrasive rhetoric. It lessens your credibility. I suggest you remain respectful.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Absolutely effing brilliant. I think I have found my calling. I am going to find out where I can get the technology and make it my hobby.

Star and Flag

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I've been searching around to see if I can find any museum or any kind of private collector to look at an ancient tuning fork or similar apparatus and have come to a dead end, I've come across some wild theories about twin towers being tuning forks, I've come across tuning forks for healing in a rainbow colored array, I would surely think that if used some where there would be a museum with one of these things in tact. I cannot openly or accurately say they did or did not use these methods but it would be nice to see examples of ones found. The first source you linked even has the formula for how these tuning forks are calibrated and used perhaps if we can find an example of one we can use that to see if it was feesable to accomplish this kind of task. I will keep looking but a hand in the right direction would be cool, this is really neat stuff.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Use your brain a little more. Research the readily available stories and lore that came from these cultures you think were inspired by E.T's. Reading your post makes me feel like a dolt for ever entertaining the idea of A.A.

I would respectfully request that you do the same, because there is no empirical research to suggest your theory is sound.

There are no artifact records detailing vibration technology. .
Can you find the construction method, tools and plans for the antikythera machine or atleast the workman who built it? There has to be plans for this stuff from years of trial in error in our record some early prototypes and pictures of the workan and his tools. no?? Therefore...;. Aliens...

link   

Considering the way you interpreted my reply, you are quite the dolt.

I don't believe star trek or star wars. I am simply saying that today's society immediately has a mental image of these type of things when considering the idea of extra-terrestrials.

I also don't lock myself into a box saying that it is definitely aliens or it was for sure man-kind. I have my theories, but even I know that they are not fact and I don't claim to know how these things were built.

I simply put both theories face to face with each other while considering all these examples of evidence on either side, then process of elimination.

In short I don't know how much research you've done, but your claim that I have done none is just flat out wrong.

The simple way you state how I need to do research and how you claim you have all the evidence just demonstrates your ignorance. You don't even know me, and you can't even interpret my post the correct way. Apparently you have a pre-determined conclusion that is not up for debate. That is the prime example of flawed logic and interpretation.

I have done a lot more research on this subject then what is presented in the OP or all through the replies.

I will be the first to say that I believe that this OP has a viable theory. But it's just that, a theory.

To outright ignorantly claim that no other species or advanced knowledge was at play in the ancient times is just ridiculous. The only way you can make that claim is if you had a time machine. Apparently you do, so maybe you can grab your camera and bring it with you when you go back to 15,000 bc and show me these things?

Until you do that, your claim is theory just like ancient aliens.

edit on 19-3-2012 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by satron

Am I the only one that actually thinks aliens is a more likely explanation that the OP's?

More likely - no. As likely - yes. But that's not saying either theory hold much water. Sonic drill still need a high speed rotary drill, it just vibrates it up and down as well. To build that you would still have an industrial society capable of building such machines.

How the Sonic Drill Works

Slapping a tuning fork on a crude slow-speed hand-held drill isn't likely to have any effect, accept to annoy the person trying to use it. Using vibrations to help move an object across a surface works, as our conveyor belts and assembly lines have proven, but I don't think anyone will find much benefit to moving a 4-ton block across the ground by having monks chant at it or people stamping their feet in unison nearby. The effect would be too negligible to notice.

Leveraging and prying the weight along while applying a pulling force is all that is needed, for 'sticking points' having a group swinging a battering ram at the back of a block while it's being pulled would certainly help, but that's not a 'sonic' anything.

I think it's more likely that aliens just came down and did it for them than them discovering all the technology required to do...and then it all disappeared. That's a lot to swallow.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ed leedskalnin is an alien. There is no other way he could of moved all those rocks at Coral castle by himself using copper wires, wood and some chain. Aliens.

See that was easy. I used as much brain power as it would take to move my tongue.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

ed leedskalnin is an alien. There is no other way he could of moved all those rocks at Coral castle by himself using copper wires, wood and some chain. Aliens.

See that was easy. I used as much brain power as it would take to move my tongue.

Haha, big difference there, isn't it... between that and the pyramids?

*It's a shame to see someone work so hard on creating a thread just to ruin it by being so coarse and arrogant.*

Also, your demeanor is suspect. How much they paying you anyhow?
edit on 19-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: a side note

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There are no artifact records detailing vibration technology. .
Can you find the construction method, tools and plans for the antikythera machine or atleast the workman who built it? There has to be plans for this stuff from years of trial in error in our record some early prototypes and pictures of the workan and his tools. no?? Therefore...;. Aliens...

Oh, I see.

So, since I am disagreeing with your theory, I must be one of the people that think aliens did it, eh?

If you want to discuss the Antikythera Mechanism, I suggest you make another thread. This one is for laughing at your theory on ancient vibration drills.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

oddly enough when he was asked how he did it he said he knew the secrets of the Pyramids. There was always a mysterious box atop his tripod/pulley system and no one knows what was in it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Can you find the construction method, tools and plans for the antikythera machine or atleast the workman who built it? There has to be plans for this stuff from years of trial in error in our record some early prototypes and pictures of the workan and his tools. no??

So you're grasping at straws then.

Just wanted to clear that up, carry on.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Actually no they doesn't, making plans is a more modern concept. There was in the ancient literature discussion by Cicero about such devices. At the present two main theories exist as to who made it

Consensus among scholars is that the mechanism itself was made in the Greek-speaking world. All the instructions of the mechanism are written in Koine Greek. One hypothesis is that the device was constructed at an academy founded by the Stoic philosopher Posidonius on the Greek island of Rhodes, which at the time was known as a center of astronomy and mechanical engineering, and that perhaps the astronomer Hipparchus was the engineer who designed it since it contains a lunar mechanism which uses Hipparchus's theory for the motion of the Moon. However, the most recent findings of The Antikythera Mechanism Research Project, as published in the July 31, 2008, edition of Nature alternatively suggest that the concept for the mechanism originated in the colonies of Corinth, which might imply a connection with Archimedes

Mysteries

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I thought I saw a documentary of one of the most credible theories so far by a frechman. Below is the link.
It made absolute sense while I was watching the documentary. If someone can find the entire length documentary on a website, please post it here.

JEANNE_PIERRE_HUDIN

PYRAMID_RELATED_DOCUMENTARIES

EXTREME_MASONRY
edit on 19-3-2012 by hp1229 because: add link

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My question is very valid and answers the question of where is the evidence of the building plans and pictures of workmen using tools.

Not one building we build today has a description and images of cranes, hydraulic machines, pictures of tools and how they build the building engraved on solid granite. Why would you expect the ancients do this?

The ancient people most likely had no hopes or premonitions that there civilization was going to perish or 'vanish' This then becomes the reason as to why there is very little information in our records that show the building practices and all the tools necessary to move, cut and chisel such great and wonderful structures.

This is only being done now in case of an end of the world scenario. There are seed banks and deep underground vaults that have records and copies of everything recorded or created.
South America contain the worlds richest deposit in ancient, beautiful, well crafted walls and construction methods ever seen on this planet and I can see why we would easily deduce that the perfection found had to have been alien.

Freemasonry and their untold rumours of ancient knowledge being shared with Davinci, and Nostradamus who saw and read very ancient technologies that were used before the great forgetting were echoed in their works but thats a little speculative and off topic.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join