It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
This is exactly what happened…..

Best explanation I've seen so far!

Star for you.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight
Only one problem OP

There is absolutely no proof whats so ever of the tools and methods you speak off, if there was and they was found and carbon dated to the time, there wouldn't be this massive mystery surrounding them, you have proved nothing other than way we today could in-vision to make them, and even then, you have not proved they can, and when you do, we will require study into the cuts they make to compare and prove it was a similar tool, sorry op your thread title is misleading, you have just added another theory

How do you know the tools are lost? Perhaps they're right in front of your face and you don't recognize them. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Romans made extensive use of concrete until the Roman Empire fell in 400 AD. The technology was completely lost at that point until it was rediscovered in 1756. The tools used in the forming and handling of concrete are basic tools that can be used for a number of other things (shovels, screeds, wheelbarrows). These tools could be all around you and yet you'd still have no clue how to make concrete.

If it's that easy to lose technology from a few decades ago, then how about thousands or tens of thousands of years ago?

LOL

And thats your debunking/reason for them to have not have been made by an advanced ET race? because the tools are lost?, right... well then thats still not proof of anything, and neither does it discredits the Ancient Alien theory does it?

you have your opinion, others have there's, i'm open to the idea tool are lost, but until there found its just a theory no more credible than the Ancient Aliens theory,

The problem is is your calling modern man stupid and incapable of finding such things, i think we have done a hell of alot of digs around these sites enough to decide they are not there and never was there, so we simply have to look elsewhere and consider other possibilities, i think it would be far more shocking to find ancient man did have the technology to craft such stones

Seriously, did you even read my post? I said the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you claim I said. I said that you don't know that we haven't already discovered the tools, they may just not look like what you expect them to. One has to wonder what kind of magic beans you would have expected to find to prove the Romans could make concrete, all the while not realizing that all the shovels and mixing trays you were digging up were in fact the exact tools that they had used. I can hear you saying now "gosh, the Romans could not have been capable of creating concrete construction because all we keep finding are these primitive mixing and digging implements!" Of course we can laugh about it now because we have rediscovered the technology and we know how simple it is, but before 1750 no one had any idea how it was done. One day we may rediscover some kind of sound or magnetic levitation techniques and laugh about how we've been using cranes for the last hundred years when our ancestors did the same work with far less for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My cousin is an engineer that works for the city of Louisville. He studies how to destroy things and polarize using sound, no explosives, no residue, less noise, easier to control. We are so behind these days.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Everyone knows that the ancients were hock-tars with telekinetic powers. We can't do it anymore because those advanced enough to move things with thier minds ascended long ago, never to re-take mortal form again.

Really??? How do you support these claims? I'm sure "everyone" would like to know, because from the comments and links added so far it seems more like "everyone" does not agree on many details...

So can you please explain to "everyone" your evidence of the ancients being "hock-tars with telekinetic powers"...
edit on 19-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
When I watch many shows like "Ancient Aliens" I become aggrivated at the narration. The implication is that ancients Humans were stupid Humans and needed Aliens to get anything done beyond building a mud hut and pooping in a ditch. That is simply not the case, these people were as smart as any of us but with a different skillset. I have seen nothing that I could say with absolute certainty is beyond the scope of accomplishment with some Human ingenuity and Human muscle.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I am thinking in terms of the IMPACT drivers of all types. Many of them produce very high vibration resulting in humming of the entire equipment in addition to the several impacts driving the hammer/chisel into the surface. Sometimes I'm amazed at how easily the toughest of the surface is carved, drilled and/or demolished using the high impact vibrating drivers.

LINK

RUSSIAN_IMPACT_PILE_DRIVER

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Wow man, nice findings. Star and flag even though i still kinda tend to lean towards the alien explanation of things. Not necessarily because of the technologies used but because "The sky-people" legends are so prevalent throughout ancient cultures. Still though, kudos for not being closed-minded and looking at this information objectively. Which is something a lot of people on here can't do to save their lives. Honestly what would make the most sense to me would be a hybrid of the two explanations. The "sky-people" probably came down, showed the folks how to do it and dipped the f*ck out, lol. Who truly knows though?
edit on 19-3-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Interesting idea about sound. Not sure about moving the blocks, but it makes sense for cutting them. (For moving, having wood pieces that fit around a block to make it round and rolling it makes more sense.) I still wouldn't rule out some steam-tech by the ancients either. Even a sonic cutter could fit into that idea. And no, this is far simpler than anything like a steam engine that requires detailed machining.

How is that? For example, take something like a tea kettle. Gets hot enough, steam goes out an orifice, and it makes a whistle. Now imagine if you were to attach a metal rod to that part that whistles and have it whistle at an ultrasonic frequency. It seems crude, but I think a copper pot with some coals kept under it would beat having somebody plink a hammer at a tuning fork all day. At least that would seem like a smarter way to do it. It's likely you could make an ultrasound stone chipper long enough that the working cutting end would be away from the hot end at the "tea kettle whistle" part. If not carrying coals in something bulky, a smaller pot combined with an oil-lamp type burner seems feasible as well.

I figure somebody with metal working skills and some cleverness could test this hypothesis out. I wonder how well such a tool would work while kept limited to what seems possible with only bronze-age tech.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
Gonna have to say I disagree. If we once had advanced technologies of any type and they were then forgotten then wouldn't they have developed again in the natural evolution of technology? We still cannot move 100 ton blocks of stone with any type of technology other than pure mechanical yet we are almost at quantum computing. To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction. I think the newest episode of Ancient Aliens puts forth some very good evidence for this.

I can't remember exactly where this happened but I think I first read about it here.

A train derailed in either Asia or Africa, the cars were in a lake or river and the authorities tried using heavy equipment to get them out with no luck.

They hired a group/tribe who have traditionally moved large objects using nothing but ropes and pieces of wood. In the first day they made more progress than the previous heavy equipment crew had in 2 weeks.

Someone here must know what I'm talking about.
edit on 19-3-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yes and no.

They were outlanders who helped construct the megalithic structures.
I also agree they used sonic technology.
Yet according to the legend of Viracocha there are referenced to 'fire from the sky' and other things that go beyond sonics etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
When I watch many shows like "Ancient Aliens" I become aggrivated at the narration. The implication is that ancients Humans were stupid Humans and needed Aliens to get anything done beyond building a mud hut and pooping in a ditch. That is simply not the case, these people were as smart as any of us but with a different skillset. I have seen nothing that I could say with absolute certainty is beyond the scope of accomplishment with some Human ingenuity and Human muscle.

Thats exactly what I think when I watch those shows too. They made due with what they had at the time. We're so spoiled by having everything handed to us and the world is basically in our hands with a click of a mouse (in regards to the world wide web). Those tribes, villages, civilizations actually worked in teams to get stuff done. They may not have had high tech equipment but put a thousand man pulling these stones and I bet they were able to move them places we didnt think possible. Plus, they were probably in better shape than us due to their diet.

Plus this : If someone can actually answer me this question, maybe I'd change my mind.

What made them so special that these Aliens came down and made themselves known, helped them build stuff, etc., but have not made an appearance to us? And I'm not just talking about a sighting here or there but an actual bring down the spaceships and levitate things and what not.
edit on 19-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You cannot go round blaming Ancient Aliens for claiming we had Alien help when the Government clearly do not want to admit that humans were advanced beings in the past!!

Come on, seriously, those are the only 2 options...you need to be questioning why the government would keep it all hushed up that we were well clever back in the day. And what happens to those advanced civilizations to wipe them out....Until you can conclude the answers to those questions...Aliens are the answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionXI agree with you 100%. We would have come up with this again, or there would be some type of evidence if that was the case!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Not sure if you had this on your links.

NASA_LINK

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by Furbs
Another thread claiming to have the answers but falling short on evidence.

maybe if you clicked a few links?

I clicked on -every- link in this thread.

Supposition and Conjecture are NOT Evidence.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OP, I don't know why you used the term "peizo-electric gravitation", when you could have more correctly used the term acoustic levitation. Nevertheless, it is highly unlikely and almost impossible to have created megaliths using acoustic levitation.

Acoustic levitation relies and is restricted by a few things:

1. For lateral movement (X,Y), you must have a reflector and a transducer at the right distance apart from eachother as to create a standing wave; that's just to keep the object in essentially the same position, not to move it.

2. For movement in 3 dimensions (X,Y,Z), it becomes even more complicated. You must have atleast 2 reflectors and a transducer.

3. You can ONLY move an object that is half the wavelength of the wave. Scientists today are only moving objects as large as cups.

How are the ancients going to lift 75 ton stones? Up to 2 meters tall?

There is NO evidence of acoustic levitation ANYWHERE, at ANY megalithic sites. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to have created them through acoustic levitation.

In my mind, the stones could've been quarried using some weird alchemic techniques.

This is my favorite idea of how most of the limestone was possibly cut.

Megalithic quarrying techniques

Evidence in Eastern Spain and in the Balearic Islands indicates that during the building period of the megaliths and thereafter the inhabitants of this region developed a considerable limestone technology. This technology embraced an em- pirical knowledge oScarbonate chemistry and karst geology which enabled them to quarry large limestone blocks to gain a maximum of usable material with a minimum of etSort. It appears that one of the quarrying methods used was based on the chemical dissociation bySire of standing stone blocks at their attachment points, a technique hitherto unknown or unreported in the literature. Throughout the interval oSmegalith occupation there is evidence of the exploitation °f limestoneSor a wide variety oSpurposes, including the making of objects such as containers, querns, and Sunereal vessels. Ultimately, their experiments led to a unique burial practice in which the dead were cremated by means oSquicklime. The quarrying methods used by the Iberian megalith builders are described below. Most of the speciSics of their methods will be drawnSrom one well studied site, Son Carla on the island o+Menorca, but similar quarries have been identiSied at numerous sites in the Balearic Islands and at Sisante in La Mancha on the mainland

edit on 19-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
This is exactly what happened…..

I could roll with this answer too.
As a matter of fact, it makes perfect sense how everyone suddenly disappeared and these cities ended up in ruins lol. Maybe Hollywood does try to tell us things without being too forward about it lol

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
sooooooooooooooooooooo ancients had sonic drills?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Come on, seriously, those are the only 2 options...you need to be questioning why the government would keep it all hushed up that we were well clever back in the day. And what happens to those advanced civilizations to wipe them out....Until you can conclude the answers to those questions...Aliens are the answer.

Actually, there's another answer that you're not considering: People assume they know everything about history and technology.

"Tuning forks"/sonic vibrations requires material of very high purity. If they could do it for devices (for cutting, say) then they could do it for other things (gemstones, gold -- any material.) You'd see highly pure manufactured quartz around -- and because making things of high purity requires a lot of special materials, the trade routes would be extensive and we'd find factories (because things need to be bulk made.)

It also requires the ability to measure lengths and weights to a very precise amount.

(and for whoever said "civilizations disappeared", they actually didn't. They were devoured by their neighbors -- the people and culture lived on but joined with a different one. They're all still here.)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hehe , so supposedly , the ancients could build huge structures. Some where between the Stone Age ( when men lived in caves) and the Iron Age ... all these great structures were built , or starting to be built even before the Iron Age.

At this point of time the Ancients didnt even know what a wheel was apparently

I could be wrong.

I believe the Ancients had help , and that was the Nephelium myself. Not trying to turn this into a religious argument. I am just stating , in my opinion , isnt no way in heck the ancients made these structures without some kind of help.

Again , Nephelium in my opinion. We honestly could not logically build the great pyramids today as quickly as Egypt did. We would have to lay a 5 ton stone every 5 minutes of every hour for the next 20 years to build the pyramids. Thats hard.

-----

Though i know you are talking about drills. There is a correlation. Man was way to smart for his time , if you believe in evolution.
edit on 19-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join