It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Armored Fish vs. Flying Reptile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm interested in general exploration be it deep space, bottom of the ocean and everything in between. I came across the story of this fossil discovery and was drawn to a few things about it. It's fairly old (120 million years), really detailed, and the "expression" of the fish looks as though it's not happy it got caught in the predicament it found itself in. Enjoy.

Source

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WmassCrooner

Cool find. Makes me think of a Swordfish. Can't see any mention of size in the article but my eyes are tired too. I like the coloured version they have in the article. Looks more scary/angry.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The fish, Aspidorhynchus, had a length of approx 25 inches in length. Actually, it appears this occurrance wasnt too common between these two types of animals. Seemingly, the fish caught the low flying prey and got its small, tightly packed teeth tangled in the reptile's wing. The reptile struggled as did the fish while both sank to the bottom and died from asphyxia. Prehistoric lakes did not have that much oxygen in its waters, as the article states, so the fish suffered the same fate as that of its "dinner".

Very interesting stuff!

new topics

join