It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Facebook group

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My last thread was moved to trash...or deleted however you prefer..
So here i am treading as lightly as i can thinking how to approach this question..

Have you ever tried to share alternative topic links to your friends via facebook only to have them scoff or give you the 'oh cool'(but ill obviously never read it) because theres not enough people who are also reading said links..

I ask the following question to avoid turning this thread into an activist one.

How would you feel about ATS setting up a group on Facebook where you could join as opposed to just 'liking'?
Where you could see all the ATS followers and converse on a larger networking scale?
Lastly how would you feel about the ability to share an alternative topic link to your friends that has a larger more 'substancial' amount of likes that provide these topics with more depth...?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

Paranoid; People get in trouble for speaking freely.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct

It's not paranoia when they really ARE watching everything you post.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I believe the vast majority flock to this site for our community's sense of anonymity . Opening ATS to something like Facebook allows all the people who know you, and the people who know them, so on, so on to access your personal opinions. Some of us most likely deem our conversations to be touchy to some people.

So in response. I'll join, but reluctantly.

Cheers
edit on 18-3-2012 by Gloomz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
ATS all ready uses Google now you want them to join up with CIAbook?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They have a facebook,game over.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 18-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You need to get off Facebook. Don't even use it. It's there to promote all the wrong things and mostly vanity.

People that are on FB constantly obviously have different priorities and like being "sheeple".

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by PatriotAct

It's not paranoia when they really ARE watching everything you post.

Not forget voice chat on various places,personal experience don't care to elaborate on that cause I have been debriefed.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I was aware of the like page but somehow missed the ats group... hmm.

Well there you go thats wicked.
Now for the awakening.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
ATS Facebook Page

and please make sure you are not recruiting to start a new page

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

edit on March 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

That is a load of rubbish.

I am on there several times a day.

To talk to my friends. thats the benefit of having it in my phone..

To lable people sheeple is a gross generalisation.
Also youre only proving yourself part of a herd when deciding to lable your own brothers as sheeple.

Id just day theyre lost in routine.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank you kind one.

Yeah no recruiting here... just trying to open some eyes...

I got that whole section read through when i questioned why my first thread was deleted...

Thats why this thread is questioned better
edit on 18-3-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

the best way to inform the sheeple is to use the medium they are using,right?
Get the message out.
I have been successful in being banned from many of the msm and others places on facebook,but managed to get the message out before than.
I mean,really,what are they going to do?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Not starting a new page,just letting them know of the current ATS page.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I completely agree. the best way to communicate with anyone is get to their level. communicate your beliefs but if you were in their shoes.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the whole point of this site is to be anonymous and not have to worry about what we write. last thing i want is to be a part of a facebook group that points towards my affiliation with this site.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno

I completely agree. the best way to communicate with anyone is get to their level. communicate your beliefs but if you were in their shoes.

If only I could show you the shoes I have been in and where they have taken me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

Therein lies the problem.

Never should you be afraid of believing what.you.belive in.

I will say it loud and proud straight to the face of anyone.

I believe there is more going on, on this planet then what we are led to believe.

Call me crazy call me whatever.

At least i know what i believe in.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
To talk to my friends. thats the benefit of having it in my phone..

Has to be the most ironic thing I've read.

"I'm thrilled to have in my possession, one of these telecommunications device, invented for the purpose of having ones voice transported over the air waves a great distances, even over vast seas, and be able to carry on a conversation with an acquaintance as if I were standing in the very next room. Now that I have this contraption, I cn go on facebook n tlk 2 mi frndz than ply a farm gme."

Not so much something against facebook, more the way you're on it... like millions of others.. technology has developed to confuse itself.

I just find it ironic that people are using a phone to 'talk' to people... but with text and not the phone at all, any device that can connect to the internet... I think people prefer this, it gives them time to consider what they're about to say, I guess. And they're already so strapped for time, they have to cut vowels out of some words and completely dismember others just to say "Hi how was your weekend?" in txt.

Imagine it, a world where a phone was a phone.. Ha... hmm.. Nahhhhh...

Facebook is only as good as you are at not being on it!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Wrong

top topics

<<   2 >>

join