page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

how mature of you!

And correct.

To prove something doesn't exist, first there needs to be a proof showing its existence. The rules of the existence of god need to be set by the people who made up the myth. If they can not do that, then there is nothing other than myth.

*A HA! Moment* So you can't prove that it doesn't exist without proving that it does exist LOL

By your logic, yes, you need a proof for that.

I'm telling you that is my belief and that is how it works. It's not my fault if you don't believe me, and frankly, I'm not worried that you don't.

Where did I say that?
There is no knowledge in myth.

My original question was towards Vixen and their claim to knowledge, and you stepped and said something that suggests you're sticking up for their thought. What you said really didn't even have anything to do with Vixen's quote, but for some reason, my question reminded you of something you think is silly theists will say.

Proof.

Proof????

Your line of thought:"The guy wants proof now does he? Oh that reminds me of silly theists soooooo much, that I'm going to tell the world about it!!!"

I will make it simpler for you, since your intellectual capability seems to be dwindling with every post you make.

Judge: I think you committed a murder, even though I have no evidence to base this conclusion off of. Call it faith. I sentence you to life in prison.
edit on 3-27-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

A lot of times it comes down to that, and it has nothing to do with theism or atheism. Ever heard of DNA evidence exonerating people decades after they were imprisoned?

Again, you could have said, "Hamburgers, why? Because I the whole thing."

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

*A HA! Moment* So you can't prove that it doesn't exist without attempting to prove that it does exist LOL

ftfy

I'm telling you that is my belief and that is how it works. It's not my fault if you don't believe me, and frankly, I'm not worried that you don't.

I don't think I can take your word for it.
I'm gonna need some proof for that.

Your line of thought:"The guy wants proof now does he? Oh that reminds me of silly theists soooooo much, that I'm going to tell the world about it!!!"

Close, but not the world. Just you.

A lot of times it comes down to that, and it has nothing to do with theism or atheism. Ever heard of DNA evidence exonerating people decades after they were imprisoned?

Again, you could have said, "Hamburgers, why? Because I the whole thing."

Yes, I have, but they were sentenced in the first place with at least some shred of evidence which seemed to place them as the one who committed the crime.

Theists, so far, have absolutely nothing. Not even an attempt at a logical proof that can be considered.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

ftfy

More like btfy

I don't think I can take your word for it.
I'm gonna need some proof for that.

Why should I bother? You're probably an atheist fundy that isn't moved by proof.

Close, but not the world. Just you.

But it's beautiful how you said it where the whole world can read it. Beautiful indeed...

Yes, I have, but they were sentenced in the first place with at least some shred of evidence which seemed to place them as the one who committed the crime.

So what? If the judge said he believes one way, it's because there's evidence in his mind to rule that way.

Just admit it. Hamburgers.

Theists, so far, have absolutely nothing. Not even an attempt at a logical proof that can be considered.

That's why it's belief and not knowledge. Now do I have to school you on the difference?
edit on 27-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If its fair to say you know there's no Santa or Zeus or that you know the earth is not the centre of the universe,

Why wouldn't it also be fair to say that you know God doesn't exist?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why should I bother? You're probably an atheist fundy that isn't moved by proof.

Conjecture.
I focus on proof. I am waiting for your proof.

I can not just take your word for it.

But it's beautiful how you said it where the whole world can read it. Beautiful indeed...

They can....but won't.

So what? If the judge said he believes one way, it's because there's evidence in his mind to rule that way.

Or the evidence presented leads him that way.

Again, where is the theist evidence to present their case?

Do hamburgers have a significance to you?
I can not understand why you keep repeating this.

That's why it's belief and not knowledge. Now do I have to school you on the difference?

It is a lack of belief.
Do I need to school you on the definition of atheist?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Conjecture.

They can....but won't.

It is a lack of belief.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Because Santa and Zeus are mythical characters we create.

If you knew who God was, you would know he's not a fairytale being we imagine.

It takes some serious ignorance to proclaim "God does NOT exist"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Conjecture.

Terrible logic. I can prove to you that is terrible logic with the following sentence that follows your logic.

Prove to me that proof will satisfy you.

In other words, we are having hamburgers toady!

They can....but won't.

They have. Don't tell me no one else exists now!

I've got cheese, would you like a slice?

I'm sure you think your analogy of our judicial system to theism is witty, but it's actually the opposite.

Would you like some pickles with that?

These onions you've brought are making me cry

It is a lack of belief.

Sure, define what an atheist is, then define why you are an atheist.

Wouldn't you like to eat these delicious hamburgers first?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Terrible logic. I can prove to you that is terrible logic with the following sentence that follows your logic.

You of all people should not be preaching of terrible logic sir

Prove to me that proof will satisfy you.

I was using your logic in the first place....now you are using your logic again.
Thank goodness you see how silly it is!

In other words, we are having hamburgers toady!

Sounds good!

They have. Don't tell me no one else exists now!

The entire world has seen it?!

I'm sure you think your analogy of our judicial system to theism is witty, but it's actually the opposite.

Oh on the contrary, it is the exact thing theists do!

Would you like some pickles with that?

Are you ready to act like an adult yet?

These onions you've brought are making me cry

Guess not!

Sure, define what an atheist is, then define why you are an atheist.

This is getting quite tiresome. You're going to have to learn how to read because I am not repeating this one again.

athe·ism
noun ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm
Definition of ATHEISM
archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity

I am an atheist ([a] without [theist] belief in a deity) because there is no proof to back the mythical claim of the existence of a god.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You of all people should not be preaching of terrible logic sir

According to your logic, my response should be: Can you prove that to me?

I was using your logic in the first place....now you are using your logic again.
Thank goodness you see how silly it is!

This is your logic. Here, I can quote you again.

You: We would like to see proof to your conclusions, as you are the one who made the claim in the first place. We simply refuse illogical claims based on myth.

Me: What the heck do you think my conclusion is? I said I don't know. Are you saying I should find proof for that?

You're asking me for proof that I don't know. Although you've said before that no one knows. Yet you question me?

Would you like some fries with that tasty hamburger?

Sounds good!

No no no, I'm sorry if I mislead you. We aren't serving pink slime today, it's 100% USDA Ground Round. If you want your refund I'll let you have it. My bad!

The entire world has seen it?!

You said it in front of God and everybody

Oh on the contrary, it is the exact thing theists do!

Your logic: "Thiests act stupid, and I can't? That's not fair! I'm going to act stupid because they can."

Come to think about it, I might have some pink slime in the back somewhere.

Are you ready to act like an adult yet?

What are you talking about? You're the one that thought that wanting proof is a silly theist trait. Think about that next time you ask me for proof about anything. You say a lot about yourself.

This is getting quite tiresome. You're going to have to learn how to read because I am not repeating this one again.

Go take a nap.

athe·ism
noun ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm
Definition of ATHEISM

I am an atheist ([a] without [theist] belief in a deity) because there is no proof to back the mythical claim of the existence of a god.

Now, the first definition, you should be OK with, but the second definition should offend your sensibilities a lot. Why? Because the only kind of person that can have a non-belief is a someone that has never heard of the concept of God to come to a belief either way.

What kind of person is that?

Babies.

By affirming that this definition describes your situation, you're saying you are of a baby's mind.

Now is that true? Maybe hamburgers were a bad idea. How about a bottle?

Just admit it, you do have a belief regarding the existence of God and your belief is that God doesn't exist.

Or bottle? Which is it?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
atheism can be silly and it can be serious...

currently there are other more prudent problems in the world (like feeding it!)

I have always heard that if you feed the world (not human flesh btw aspiring atheist's) it would end all war as we know it... When wars break out like in the 60's our most turbulent time and of the social issues which bled all the way down to the streets... gave rise to pretty much all the serial killers we have been educated about in criminology shows. (even the scientist agree on this)

edit on 27-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

athe·ism
noun ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm
Definition of ATHEISM

Now, the first definition, you should be OK with, but the second definition should offend your sensibilities a lot. Why? Because the only kind of person that can have a non-belief is a someone that has never heard of the concept of God to come to a belief either way.

What kind of person is that?

Babies.

By affirming that this definition describes your situation, you're saying you are of a baby's mind.

Now is that true? Maybe hamburgers were a bad idea. How about a bottle?

Just admit it, you do have a belief regarding the existence of God and your belief is that God doesn't exist.

Or bottle? Which is it?

It seems the one with the child's mind is you. Can't even act mature!

And now you are showing you are very uneducated in the meaning of words
See that word 'disbelief?'

Let's define it, shall we?!

dis·be·lief
noun ˌdis-bə-ˈlēf
Definition of DISBELIEF
: the act of disbelieving : mental rejection of something as untrue

Well there you have it. Quite simple my dear child

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You should mull about it a little more.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
already done.

god is a myth!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

already done.

god is a myth!

Typical atheist fundy response. How stereotypical.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

already done.

god is a myth!

Typical atheist fundy response. How stereotypical.

myth
noun \ˈmith\
a : a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon

seems applicable to me!

maybe you should 'mull about' buying a dictionary

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Atheists believe that God doesn't exist. It not a complete lack of belief because you'd have to suppose that an atheist also doesn't believe that God doesn't exist.

You suggest that you don't have a belief in God. You are suggesting that you have an infantile mind. I'm trying to convince you otherwise, but you won't have it.

Sorry, I got to take your burger away, that's not for babies to have.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Atheists believe that God doesn't exist.

We do not believe god exists. It's simple.
Something only a baby would not understand

uh oh

It not a complete lack of belief

Oh but it is. It is a disbelief. Sorry, I trust a dictionary over someone who does not know the meaning of 'myth'

because you'd have to suppose that an atheist also doesn't believe that God doesn't exist.

Wait...let's think for a second
Does not believe that god does not exist.

That would make me a theist, which I am not! You are making no sense. Almost childlike.

You suggest that you don't have a belief in God. You are suggesting that you have an infantile mind. I'm trying to convince you otherwise, but you won't have it.

Because the 'logic' "you don't believe in god? You must be a child" doesn't work for someone who likes to use their brain to come to a conclusion. Sorry bud. Maybe that will work on someone else.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Only the religious section of ATS is capable of a thread almost 40 pages long proving/disproving that something doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Sorry bud. Maybe that will work on someone else.

You're just like the people that I used to go to church with.

"The world is only 6,000 years old, you can't convince me otherwise."

If you could look up your name in the dictionary and it had the definition of 'baby' next to it, would you believe it? LOL I'm sure you'd think about it a lot. It might even cause you to go into denial.

new topics
top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join