It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
the rate of the atheists ability to consistently lose will only exponentially increase as the population swells, Theist are born at a greater rate...

edit on 24-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

Actually atheism is increasing dramatically and religion will eventually die out completely....

Just take a look through the generations and their ideologies for confirmation of that fact.
edit on 3-24-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I;m a lefty... stuff comes out scrambled.

Ahhh so that explains your right-brained creative imagination

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sagan is wrong on a few things.. I would not necessarily say "wrong" but more so being narrow or judgmental.

I so wish he was around that I may write him today considering I can probably recite most of the Cosmos series to you like a record. I did write Ann though explaining how much Carl opened my eyes and made knowledge interesting on a level above any teacher could spawn in me.

He is wrong on a few topics and comments but the thing is with the series is it is linear and static... it can not be expanded upon when something is being dictated in a linear fashion.

ie: you can't say "stop right there Carl" what about if you look at it like this?

you can only pause the tape and do your own research...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

I;m a lefty... stuff comes out scrambled.

Ahhh so that explains your right-brained creative imagination

does creativity reflect truth?

and ah the answers Carl were missing are in the Bible...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Only the Bible? Not any other ancient texts?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Only the Bible? Not any other ancient texts?

what was best to wrap my brain around is the King James Version...

try it out man

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
]Do what? Am I the only one having a hard time understanding this guy?

NO

He seems to be in his own world.

How do you handle a bully? Walk away.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Sagan is wrong on a few things.. I would not necessarily say "wrong" but more so being narrow or judgmental.

I so wish he was around that I may write him today considering I can probably recite most of the Cosmos series to you like a record. I did write Ann though explaining how much Carl opened my eyes and made knowledge interesting on a level above any teacher could spawn in me.

He is wrong on a few topics and comments but the thing is with the series is it is linear and static... it can not be expanded upon when something is being dictated in a linear fashion.

ie: you can't say "stop right there Carl" what about if you look at it like this?

you can only pause the tape and do your own research...

does creativity reflect truth?

Please! Oh please, start a thread of your own on this topic, of how you're right and Carl Sagon is wrong, and how all the answers are in the Bible. Then, please, U2U me, because I can't wait to read it and the replies.

You can build your case, pushing that bolder up the hill, all the way to top, till someone comes along and knocks down to the bottom again.

I'd pay to read that post! I'll put 500 ATS point in the kitty, to make it happen!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Ants contemplating nuclear fission ...

Love that.

Scary - isn't it.

Hope the Watcher's don't fall asleep at the wrong time.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

crap like

"I am my own God... I am 100% responsible for my own actions"

scares the heck outta me... I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I've heard this before on weird shows like unsolved mysteries and cold cases!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
scares the heck outta me... I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I've heard this before on weird shows like unsolved mysteries and cold cases!

OK - - you need to explain more before I respond.

I'm not talking about "God told me to do it".

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not sure if you're responding to me. I should have posted the below in quotes. Oops, and sorry for the confusion. It came from our friend who's thread and posts I linked, since he was using your quote, which I admired, to argue against atheists.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

Not sure if you're responding to me. I should have posted the below in quotes. Oops, and sorry for the confusion. It came from our friend who's thread and posts I linked, since he was using your quote, which I admired, to argue against atheists.

Oh OK

I get it now.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

nah I would rather start a poll "do homosexuals believe in God?"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Hey, go ahead and do that.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

OH. Thanks for the clarification. Well if thats the case its between me and him and i would have to deal with the consequences of my actions. But the question is moot to me because of research I myself have done on that subject. God wants us to ask questions sometimes and make us think at times.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

This kind of ignorance - - - really pisses me off.

Every Gay I have personally known was Christian.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

ok obviously you dont even know what i was talking about. I wasnt even preaching about my religion i was just saying that nobody knows for sure of the origins of the universe so the only thing anyone can do is have a belief, christians believe in God who created the universe and humans and athiests believe that there isnt a god and usually believe evolution. I was just saying that neither creation nor evolution has been disproven or proven so why are christians and athiests wasting their time telling each other that their ways of thinking are wrong? Neither one even knows for sure.

You are absolutely right. We don't know, but somehow both said parties pretend to know. Beats me

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

ok obviously you dont even know what i was talking about. I wasnt even preaching about my religion i was just saying that nobody knows for sure of the origins of the universe so the only thing anyone can do is have a belief, christians believe in God who created the universe and humans and athiests believe that there isnt a god and usually believe evolution. I was just saying that neither creation nor evolution has been disproven or proven so why are christians and athiests wasting their time telling each other that their ways of thinking are wrong? Neither one even knows for sure.

You are absolutely right. We don't know, but somehow both said parties pretend to know. Beats me

What?

Atheists simply do not believe in a God.
No one said anything absolute lol...

Agnostic is in the middle, with no opinion either way.
Seems to me the only group that pretends to know, are theists!
edit on 3-25-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

atheism not only do not believe in God... "they question authority"

authority means "the law" and "God" the ultimate authority.

edit on 25-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join