It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

choose life...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by Hydroman

choose life...
Sure, I choose life, what's next?

Also, why is it that you won't answer my question? Do you think you could be wrong about your beliefs? You've called atheists "narrow-minded" but won't answer my question as to whether or not YOU may be wrong. Is it because you don't want to look narrow-minded?
edit on 24-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
“When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?”

-Cliff Burton

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

Oh, I know! I know and respect that, Annee.

Thanks. I've had OBEs - Prems - and other stuff since first memory. I am not a "hard Atheist" - - because of my personal experiences. I know there is something beyond this dimension/vibration (something). NOT God of religion. And nothing I will ever give that label to.

. . these Christians have run rough shot in this thread, . .

They're sure trying - - aren't they.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

So you believe in the paranormal?

You would need to define paranormal.

EDIT: That's all I got time for right now. Taking grandson to baseball.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

“When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?”

-Cliff Burton

I thought that when I man lies, a kitten dies. Maybe that's when men masturbate, a kitten dies.

EDIT: Yeah, I checked into this. It's when a man masturbates, a kitten dies. I killed a kitten a few minutes ago.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

-Cliff Burton

I thought that when I man lies, a kitten dies. Maybe that's when men masturbate, a kitten dies.

EDIT: Yeah, I checked into this. It's when a man masturbates, a kitten dies. I killed a kitten a few minutes ago.

that is some most supreme intellect, I believe the members of ATS can learn a great deal from you... heck man you might even have peacekeeping leader abilities that you are not even aware of just yet.

but for some reason... I just don't believe you.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Im sorry i did not answer all parts of his question did i? What if I am wrong about there being a God?Well i have faith he is and thats that. I thought that would have been obvious since i also specified about Allah,and my God being diffrent. If you ever seen things you cannot explain you might change your mind. There is more in this life than can be dreamed or thought of.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

-Cliff Burton

that is some most supreme intellect, I believe the members of ATS can learn a great deal from you... heck man you might even have peacekeeping leader abilities that you are not even aware of just yet.

but for some reason... I just don't believe you.

I have noticed numerous times you have ignored the question whether or not your beliefs can be wrong.

Why is that??

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

can you rephrase the question?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You say atheists are narrow minded, but seem to ignore the opposite end of the spectrum (your end) which just so happens to be theist.

If atheists are "narrow minded" in their non belief, do you admit you are narrow minded in your 'absolute' belief?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

no I do not believe I am narrow minded in my belief... it is all encompassing.

sorry man but you atheist are almost "speaking in tongues" to me, I do not understand the atheist babble when they start doing that.

edit on 24-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
truth will destroy a liar!

truth will slay the unjust!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
Im sorry i did not answer all parts of his question did i? What if I am wrong about there being a God?Well i have faith he is and thats that. I thought that would have been obvious since i also specified about Allah,and my God being diffrent. If you ever seen things you cannot explain you might change your mind. There is more in this life than can be dreamed or thought of.
I don't care that your god and Allah are different. What I'm saying is this, what if Allah IS the true god, and your god is not? See, this is where Pascal's wager fails. You told me that if you are right, then you get to spend eternity with your god, but if you're wrong, then nothing happens. You say that I should believe just in case. Now, my statement is that if you are wrong, something actually could happen: Allah could be the true god, and you will be punished forever.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

sorry man but you atheist are almost "speaking in tongues" to me, I do not understand the atheist babble when they start doing that.

All encompassing of what? Can you be specific on what you believe? And, do you think you could be wrong about your belief? That's what we are asking. If you say that you can not be wrong, then YOU sir are the narrow-minded one. Does that make any sense?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

truth will destroy a liar!

truth will slay the unjust!

Are you calling atheists liars? Are you calling atheists unjust? If not, then to whom are you speaking to with that post? I would like to have some truth. Am I unjust? I don't know, not that I can think of...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You make no sense.

Just more arrogant, narrow minded, hypocritical theist drivel.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
You make no sense.

It is interesting how he calls people "narrow-minded" but can not come to terms with his own narrow-mindedness.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You make no sense.

It is interesting how he calls people "narrow-minded" but can not come to terms with his own narrow-mindedness.

I notice the same pattern in a majority of theists.

What amazes me is the fact that they can twist a non belief in God into "God 100% positively does not exist."

I have never conversed with narrower minds than when conversing with a theist. They always have to be right. Because the bible says so.

If anything, atheists are the most open minded, for they have looked at both sides of the spectrum and then made a conclusion based on lack of evidence.

Theists can not say the same. They can not even correctly define atheism.
edit on 3-24-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If anything, atheists are the most open minded, for they have looked at both sides of the spectrum and then made a conclusion based on lack of evidence.
I was a christian for around 20 years. I have had a look at both sides. I learned that having faith in something doesn't make it true. As a matter of fact, if you said "I have faith it is true" when applied to anything else, it is never a good idea to do. But, when it comes to theism, it is a good idea. WTF?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

All encompassing of what? Can you be specific on what you believe? And, do you think you could be wrong about your belief? That's what we are asking. If you say that you can not be wrong, then YOU sir are the narrow-minded one. Does that make any sense?

repeat...

I believe in all that is "Good" all that is "Honest" and all that s "True"

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join