It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

ok obviously you dont even know what i was talking about. I wasnt even preaching about my religion i was just saying that nobody knows for sure of the origins of the universe so the only thing anyone can do is have a belief, christians believe in God who created the universe and humans and athiests believe that there isnt a god and usually believe evolution. I was just saying that neither creation nor evolution has been disproven or proven so why are christians and athiests wasting their time telling each other that their ways of thinking are wrong? Neither one even knows for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

Originally posted by Annee

um actually its definitely possible to be both a homosexual and a pedophile

NO - its not. A homosexual act by a Pedophile does not change anything.

Pedophile is categorized as its own sexual orientation. Children not gender.

Google it.

alright i googled it and pedophile isnt a sexual orientation its a disorder that people can be treated for and cured of with counciling. Last time i checked there is no cure for a sexual orientation

Where is your link?

Here's one of mine: (too tired to read anymore)

For the present discussion, the important point is that many child molesters cannot be meaningfully described as homosexuals, heterosexuals, or bisexuals (in the usual sense of those terms) because they are not really capable of a relationship with an adult man or woman. Instead of gender, their sexual attractions are based primarily on age. These individuals – who are often characterized as fixated – are attracted to children, not to men or women. psychology.ucdavis.edu...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

um actually its definitely possible to be both a homosexual and a pedophile

NO - its not. A homosexual act by a Pedophile does not change anything.

Pedophile is categorized as its own sexual orientation. Children not gender.

Google it.

It's possible to be a homosexual pedophile. This means they prefer children of their own gender over children of the opposite gender.

Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1. This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Thanks for providing a link. That study is from 1992.

Perceptions and studies regarding homosexuals has changed greatly over the last few years.

I did not post the link to the study I found that talks about Pedophiles being classified in their own category -- because it was late and I couldn't find it. I'll try again.

EDIT: This really is going off topic (something I'm often guilty of and am trying to watch out for). The topic is "Atheism is just silly".

edit on 24-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Who are they to tell someone that their god doesnt exist? what so they know? they dont know anything they are just speaking out their ass and honestly its just plain mean. what is so wrong with believing in God if it brings someone true happyness? who does it hurt?
Is it ok for believers to say they KNOW their god exists? Is it ok for them to "talk out of their ass"? Is it ok for them to tell us over and over that we are going to burn forever if we don't believe in their god?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

I AM my own "god". There is NO Go-To-Guy. I'm it. I am the ONE. No excuses. "Forgiveness" comes only through my own thoughts an actions - - fully my own responsibility.

See! In order to define atheism, one has to define what god is and is not! Without a definition of god, this discussion is pointless.

Problem is, many of these posters proclaim to be Christian, and are pulling Bible scripture from their homophobic nether regions, are preaching to either a choir of their peers, or deaf ears.

It seems that the definition of god for these holier than thou Christians, that persist to speak in circles, is "their god" and their god only. The one and the same guy that wrote and stars in the Bible, and then writes that second, better book, with the better, nicer god guy, but he dies in the end, just for closure.

So, just to be clear, if the god of the bible is the god that we are talking about believing in, call me an atheist!

God is good and does not like evil.

So who put the snake in the Garden of Eden? According to Genesis God created everything here on earth and after each day of creation he was always pleased with his work ... ?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

Oh, I know! I know and respect that, Annee.

Thanks. I've had OBEs - Prems - and other stuff since first memory. I am not a "hard Atheist" - - because of my personal experiences. I know there is something beyond this dimension/vibration (something). NOT God of religion. And nothing I will ever give that label to.

. . these Christians have run rough shot in this thread, . .

They're sure trying - - aren't they.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

So you believe in the paranormal?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Who are they to tell someone that their god doesnt exist? what so they know? they dont know anything they are just speaking out their ass and honestly its just plain mean. what is so wrong with believing in God if it brings someone true happyness? who does it hurt?
Is it ok for believers to say they KNOW their god exists? Is it ok for them to "talk out of their ass"? Is it ok for them to tell us over and over that we are going to burn forever if we don't believe in their god?

believe what you want to believe... just stop being narrow minded as an atheist and stop going around picking n the only theism that you know of "Christians"

it is the atheist who think the christians are silly and that teasing usually turns a little more serious... some of us aspiring christians do not just sit around and watch fellow humans being beaten and battered.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by Hydroman
Oh crap, I better believe just in case I'm wrong. Is that what your god wants me to do? Out of fear, start believing? Not out of a desire to know and love him, but out of fear? Now, let me ask you, what if you're wrong? What if Allah is god?

I hope I made you think too.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Yeah you did. No God dont want you to beleive in him out of fear. As for being wrong if Allah the muslim God is God? According to the Quran Jesus was not Gods son,but a prophet. IN The books that later became the Bible...
God had a Son who was Named Jesus. So to my beleif it is not the same GOD. The muslims constantly try to say it is but that fact n the bible alone contradicts the quran. Which was 600 yrs after the bible was recorded by the way.

Your faith is blinding you. You don't even understand Hydroman's hypothetical question. Carry on ...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Chrisitianity:
The belief that an omnipotent, omniscient god created everything and saw that it was good. Then, it wasn't good anymore so he flooded the world to kill everything except for a few select animals and 8 people. To correct the mistake, he became his own father so that he could sacrifice himself to himself to appease himself for a rule that he made up. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Christianity is a belief in all that is "Good" and all that is "Honest" and all that is "True"

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
At the end of our days, both Theists and Atheists, will be very surprised about the true fabric of the universe.

Ants contemplating nuclear fission ...
edit on 24-3-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

believe what you want to believe... just stop being narrow minded as an atheist and stop going around picking n the only theism that you know of "Christians"

it is the atheist who think the christians are silly and that teasing usually turns a little more serious... some of us aspiring christians do not just sit around and watch fellow humans being beaten and battered.
Again, I'm narrow minded? Do you believe you could be wrong about your beliefs? You never answered me before. Can YOU be wrong about what you believe? I know I can be. Does that make me narrow minded?

Next, I speak soley against christian beliefs? Apparenlty you didn't see the thread a few months back where I went round and round with muslims. Matter of fact, there is a thread that just a few days ago I debated a muslim. I ask question of all religions when they present themselves here. It's just that the majority are christian. So, get off of your christian persecution complex.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Christianity is a belief in all that is "Good" and all that is "Honest" and all that is "True"
You believe in all that is "Good" all that is "honest" and all that is "true"? Couldn't most religions feel that way? Could you be more specific?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Are you on drugs? You obviously have never read the OT. But wait, Jesus made that all go away ...
I understand

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I did not specifically mention you... it was an observation of the "group" who call themselves atheist.

don't be so self centered! it wasn't reserved just for you... sheesh!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
At the end of our days, both Theists and Atheists, will be very surprised about the true fabric of the universe.

Ants contemplating nuclear fission ...
Honestly, I would like to continue existing after I die, just not in lake of fire, or whatever punishment might await me as an unbeliever. If there is some kind of spirit inside me, that is still me (which I don't understand how it could be since my brain would be dead), I would like to explore the universe somehow. See if I can find life on other planets and things like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I did not specifically mention you... it was an observation of the "group" who call themselves atheist.

don't be so self centered! it wasn't reserved just for you... sheesh!
Can you answer my question? Don't avoid it this time. Can you be wrong about your beliefs? (3rd time asking)

Plus, you quoted me, so I thought you were talking to me. Why wouldn't I think that?
edit on 24-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Are you on drugs? You obviously have never read the OT. But wait, Jesus made that all go away ...
I understand

I have faith in the supreme truth... it has not gone away, heck I doubt any of this would be here if it had.

edit on 24-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I have faith in the supreme truth... it has not gone away...
....and that would be....?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join