It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
you can defend the child molesters by digging up your own facts!

Child molester?

So now you omit the homosexual?

Did you know a Pedophiles is not a homosexual - - even if they commit a homosexual act?

Pedophiles are Pedophiles. Google it. Learn something.

um actually its definitely possible to be both a homosexual and a pedophile

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
I do have a problem with the type of Atheist that goes around and basically bullies anyone with faith.

Yeah - - well - - have you noticed who the Bullies are in this thread?

Be honest.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

NO - its not. A homosexual act by a Pedophile does not change anything.

Pedophile is categorized as its own sexual orientation. Children not gender.

Google it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
it is not really bullying... it is commanding of words and truth!

you lose!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Atheism sometimes can't be all that silly... considering ahem, some of the topics discussed in this thread.

it was a good one, I am glad I was able to draw some conclusion out of one of these subjects in this section on ATS.

great site btw...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I enjoyed this even if the whole conversation is false, it really shows that nobody knows for sure how humans got here and what the origin of our universe is. I dont really have a problem with athiests but i do have a problem with the type of athiest that goes around and basically bullies anyone with faith. Who are they to tell someone that their god doesnt exist? what so they know? they dont know anything they are just speaking out their ass and honestly its just plain mean. what is so wrong with believing in God if it brings someone true happyness? who does it hurt? The athiests that go around talking about how they hate christians pushing their religion on others but thats essentially what these athiests are doing. Again im not talking about ALL athiests just the ones that does the things described in what i wrote
So because we don’t know the origins of our universe it makes sense to believe in some fairy tale that has no evidence behind it and with a probability so small of being correct it is virtually impossible.
Sorry but you are either very gullible or you just don’t think for yourself.
There is nothing logical about believing in a god or religion.

If you accept that we don’t know the origins of our universe then why jump to insane conclusions based on no logical reason what so ever.

Me saying that Donald duck is the creator of the universe has just as much credibility as claiming that god or Allah or whatever did.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I AM my own "god". There is NO Go-To-Guy. I'm it. I am the ONE. No excuses. "Forgiveness" comes only through my own thoughts an actions - - fully my own responsibility.

See! In order to define atheism, one has to define what god is and is not! Without a definition of god, this discussion is pointless.

Problem is, many of these posters proclaim to be Christian, and are pulling Bible scripture from their homophobic nether regions, are preaching to either a choir of their peers, or deaf ears.

It seems that the definition of god for these holier than thou Christians, that persist to speak in circles, is "their god" and their god only. The one and the same guy that wrote and stars in the Bible, and then writes that second, better book, with the better, nicer god guy, but he dies in the end, just for closure.

So, just to be clear, if the god of the bible is the god that we are talking about believing in, call me an atheist!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Google it.

does the majority of a child molesters sexual orientation change anything?

edit on 24-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Tired of the clowns.

ATHEISM

Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity, which implies that nothing exists but natural phenomena (matter), that thought is a property or function of matter, and that death irreversibly and totally terminates individual organic units. This definition means that there are no forces, phenomena, or entities which exist outside of or apart from physical nature, or which transcend nature, or are “super” natural, nor can there be. Humankind is on its own.

An atheist loves his fellow man instead of god. An atheist believes that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth for all men together to enjoy.

*An atheist believes that he can get no help through prayer but that he must find in himself the inner conviction and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it, and enjoy it.www.atheists.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I will answer myself... yes it does! and it also give us facts to study...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

I AM my own "god". There is NO Go-To-Guy. I'm it. I am the ONE. No excuses. "Forgiveness" comes only through my own thoughts an actions - - fully my own responsibility.

See! In order to define atheism, one has to define what god is and is not! Without a definition of god, this discussion is pointless.

Let's make it clear - - I put "god" in parenthesis.

I do not believe in a god. I do not believe "the force" is a god. I do not believe Energy is a god.

I think Energy Creates - - it is not a god.

I Lack Belief in a God - - - any god.

Energy - - Intelligent Energy - - Conscious Energy - - - is Energy - - it is not a god.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh, I know! I know and respect that, Annee.

But this thread has completely been lacking in a definition of what god is and isn't, from a theist point of view. As a result, these Christians have run rough shot in this thread, insisting that their god is the only ideal to even be discussed, and can't be denied!

They can't accept a denial, but they can't provide a definition either. So, even among theists, there is no common ground.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Problem is, many of these posters proclaim to be Christian, and are pulling Bible scripture from their homophobic nether regions, are preaching to either a choir of their peers, or deaf ears.

It seems that the definition of god for these holier than thou Christians, that persist to speak in circles, is "their god" and their god only. The one and the same guy that wrote and stars in the Bible, and then writes that second, better book, with the better, nicer god guy, but he dies in the end, just for closure.

So, just to be clear, if the god of the bible is the god that we are talking about believing in, call me an atheist!

God is good and does not like evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by Annee

This is not what atheists believe at all.
At least atheists and agnostics understand religion and what theists believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Oh, I know! I know and respect that, Annee.

Thanks. I've had OBEs - Prems - and other stuff since first memory. I am not a "hard Atheist" - - because of my personal experiences. I know there is something beyond this dimension/vibration (something). NOT God of religion. And nothing I will ever give that label to.

. . these Christians have run rough shot in this thread, . .

They're sure trying - - aren't they.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
This is not what atheists believe at all.

That is pretty ridiculous.

Obviously - - a God believer wrote it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Oh crap, I better believe just in case I'm wrong. Is that what your god wants me to do? Out of fear, start believing? Not out of a desire to know and love him, but out of fear? Now, let me ask you, what if you're wrong? What if Allah is god?

I hope I made you think too.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Yeah you did. No God dont want you to beleive in him out of fear. As for being wrong if Allah the muslim God is God? According to the Quran Jesus was not Gods son,but a prophet. IN The books that later became the Bible...
God had a Son who was Named Jesus. So to my beleif it is not the same GOD. The muslims constantly try to say it is but that fact n the bible alone contradicts the quran. Which was 600 yrs after the bible was recorded by the way.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I do have a problem with the type of Atheist that goes around and basically bullies anyone with faith.

Yeah - - well - - have you noticed who the Bullies are in this thread?

Be honest.

im assuming you mean christians? i dont really see christians on here bullying more than anyone else. and yeah not all christians are very fond of athiests but i also have witnessed that there are many athiests that arent too fond of christians.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Google it.

alright i googled it and pedophile isnt a sexual orientation its a disorder that people can be treated for and cured of with counciling. Last time i checked there is no cure for a sexual orientation

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join