It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Interesting. When applied to the God question there is no scientific method/proof and the majority of people on this planet are not Christian.

but the majority of the people in this planet are Theist.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Agnosticism deals with knowledge, not belief. When it comes to the God question there is not enough data to irrefutably tip the scale in one direction. Rather than guessing Yes or Now, Agnostics say WE DON'T KNOW.

Yes - - it is a default position.

Its not knowledge or belief.

Do you mind explaining to me what you mean by that exactly? Default? No, it took me a lifetime to get there.

It took me 60 years to finally accept I am indeed Atheist and always have been. So I know what you mean about Lifetime.

Believers see everything from their viewpoint. Atheists see everything from their viewpoint.

While Agnostic means "I don't know" - - - getting to that "I don't know" is a different road and different perspective.

Believer Agnostic's say: "there may be a God - but I don't know".

Atheist Agnostic's say: "I Lack Belief in a God - but god can not be proven or dis-proven - so I can not know factually.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a lifetime just to give up? that is very sad

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Make No Mistake Atheist!

you are a child of God... there is not escape!!! it is imbedded in your very language, judging every thought!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
Make No Mistake Atheist!

you are a child of God... there is not escape!!! it is imbedded in your very language, judging every thought!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Snore

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Psalm 97: the Lord brings Justice

1The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof.

2Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.

3A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.

4His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.

5The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

6The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

7Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.

8Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.

9For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.

10Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

11Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

12Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Is there some part of - - I Don't Care. I have zero interest. You don't get?

#1 way to loose my attention is quote the bible.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Not sure if you mean me or Annee? Anyway, I don't understand what you mean by that? Maybe you think that one has to constantly shout Jesus in order to live a righteous life, but that ain't so. It's ones actions that count. IMHO you can be an Atheist, but live a "holly" life by i.e. unselfishly helping others. On the other hand you could profess your love for Jesus, go to church every Sunday and then turn around and i.e. cheat on your wife.

If there is a final judge we will be judge by our deeds, not words. Well, if ...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

NEVER WAS!

Is not giving up anything. It's an awakening (of sorts).

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
just be good for goodness sake ok?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It's ones actions that count.

I actually do have a belief - - I simply flat out do not believe in any god/deity in the religious sense.

I do believe everything is energy - - and thought is creative energy.

Its not just actions that count - - - it starts with thought. Every thought is a responsibility. Every thought is an action.

I am personally fully 100% responsible for my thoughts - - and any action/reaction as a result of.

I AM my own "god". There is NO Go-To-Guy. I'm it. I am the ONE. No excuses. "Forgiveness" comes only through my own thoughts an actions - - fully my own responsibility.

Not One Person - - who looks outside of themselves - - comes close to being fully responsible for their own thoughts/actions.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Jeffrey Dahmer was uniquely aware also...

an infamous serial killer and atheist sentenced to 900 years in prison, said “if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?”. He brutally killed seventeen men and boys, dismembering them, storing their parts and indulging in cannibalism and necrophilia. In 1991, he was caught by the police after one of his would-be victims escaped. Despite pleading not guilty on the basis on insanity, the court found him sane and fully accountable. He later expressed remorse.

listverse.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Jeffrey Dahmer was uniquely aware also...

What selective BS

Its very funny how Christians love to use numbers of majority in the world.

But use selectiveness - - for any opposition.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

hey just saying... this is a stage I am not directing my gaze to you.

his words spoken about the theory of God ring true. He was a homosexual and what usually comes with that territory by nature is atheism (a large majority of them) majorities speak volumes btw...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

hey just saying... this is a stage I am not directing my gaze to you.

his words spoken about the theory of God ring true. He was a homosexual and what usually comes with that territory by nature is atheism (a large majority of them) majorities speak volumes btw...

You have crossed a line.

So - - your true colors emerge - - - you are a Homophobe.

NO - - he was a Serial Killer. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I never said it did... he was a homosexual first I would assume?

homosexuals are child molesters, the statistics can be found in the cases of molestation... which I believe is something like 95% same sex. Of course it is not saying hetero molestation does not occur it is just the large (Majority) are homosexual.

statistics, facts, majorities, blahh blahh....

edit on 23-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
you can defend the child molesters by digging up your own facts!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

you can defend the child molesters by digging up your own facts!

Child molester?

So now you omit the homosexual?

Did you know a Pedophiles is not a homosexual - - even if they commit a homosexual act?

Pedophiles are Pedophiles. Google it. Learn something.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

homosexuals are child molesters

You are wrong.

Pedophiles are Pedophiles. They are attracted to children.

Same gender sex of a Pedophile - - - does not make them homosexual. They are Pedophiles.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I enjoyed this even if the whole conversation is false, it really shows that nobody knows for sure how humans got here and what the origin of our universe is. I dont really have a problem with athiests but i do have a problem with the type of athiest that goes around and basically bullies anyone with faith. Who are they to tell someone that their god doesnt exist? what so they know? they dont know anything they are just speaking out their ass and honestly its just plain mean. what is so wrong with believing in God if it brings someone true happyness? who does it hurt? The athiests that go around talking about how they hate christians pushing their religion on others but thats essentially what these athiests are doing. Again im not talking about ALL athiests just the ones that does the things described in what i wrote

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join