It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
THE LINK BETWEEN GOD AND MEN

An Atheist Professor of Philosophy was speaking to his Class on the Problem Science has
with GOD, the ALMIGHTY. He asked one of his New Christian Students to stand and . . ..
Professor : You are Christian, aren’t you, son ?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor : So, you Believe in GOD ?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Professor : Is GOD Good ?
Student : Sure.
Professor : Is GOD ALL - POWERFUL ?
Student : Yes.
Professor : My Brother died of Cancer even though he Prayed to GOD to Heal him.
Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill.
But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent )
Professor : You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, Young Fella.
Is GOD Good?
Professor : Is Satan good ?
Student : No.
Professor : Where does Satan come from ?
Student : From . .. . GOD . . .
Professor : That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this World?
Professor : Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?
Professor : So who created evil ?
(Student did not answer)
Professor : Is there Sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness?
All these terrible things exist in the World, don’t they?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor : So, who Created them ?
(Student had no answer)
Professor : Science says you have 5 Senses you use to Identify and Observe the World around you.
Tell me, son .. . . Have you ever Seen GOD?
Student : No, sir.
Professor : Tell us if you have ever Heard your GOD?
Student : No , sir.
Professor : Have you ever Felt your GOD, Tasted your GOD, Smelt your GOD?
Have you ever had any Sensory Perception of GOD for that matter?
Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.
Professor : Yet you still Believe in HIM?
Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol,
Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student : Nothing. I only have my Faith.
Professor : Yes, Faith. And that is the Problem Science has.
Student : Professor, is there such a thing as Heat?
Professor : Yes.
Student : And is there such a thing as Cold?
Professor : Yes.
Student : No, sir. There isn’t.
(The Lecture Theatre became very quiet with this turn of events )
Student : Sir, you can have Lots of Heat, even More Heat, Superheat, Mega Heat, White Heat, a Little Heat or No Heat. But we don’t have anything called Cold. We can hit 458 Degrees below Zero which is No Heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as Cold. Cold is only a Word we use to describe the Absence of Heat. We cannot Measure Cold. Heat is Energy. Cold is Not the Opposite of Heat, sir, just the Absence of it.
(There was Pin-Drop Silence in the Lecture Theatre )
Student : What about Darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as Darkness?
Professor : Yes. What is Night if there isn’t Darkness?
Student : You’re wrong again, sir.
Darkness is the Absence of Something you can have Low Light, Normal Light, Bright Light, Flashing Light . . .But if you have No Light constantly, you have nothing and it’s called Darkness, isn’t it? In reality, Darkness isn’t. If it is, were you would be able to make Darkness Darker, wouldn’t you?
Professor : So what is the point you are making, Young Man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your Philosophical Premise is flawed.
Professor : Flawed ? Can you explain how?
Student : Sir, you are working on the Premise of Duality. You argue there is Life and then there is Death, a Good GOD and a Bad GOD. You are viewing the Concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a Thought. It uses Electricity and Magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view Death as the Opposite of Life is to be ignorant of the fact that Death cannot exist as a Substantive Thing.
Death is Not the Opposite of Life: just the Absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your Students that they evolved from a Monkey?
Professor : If you are referring to the Natural Evolutionary Process, yes, of course, I do.
Student : Have you ever observed Evolution with your own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shook his head with a Smile, beginning to realize where the Argument was going )
Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at work and
Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavour,
Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir?
Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?
(The Class was in Uproar )
Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the Professor’s Brain?

(The Class broke out into Laughter )
Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s Brain, Felt it, touched or Smelt it? No one appears to have done so.
So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol,
Science says that You have No Brain, sir. With all due respect,sir, how do we then Trust your Lectures, sir?

(The Room was Silent. The Professor stared at the Student, his face unfathomable)
Professor : I guess you’ll have to take them on Faith, son.
Student : That is it sir . . . Exactly !
The Link between Man & GOD is FAITH.
That is all that Keeps Things Alive and Moving.

The student was Albert Einstein.

I dislike stupid atheists as much as theists, in every regard. They differ in no respect whatsoever. One worships a god blindly, one worships the concept of no god blindly. Both preach it like political/religious zealots (the morons of this world), and both couldn't understand the weight of even their own crude arguments to save their lives.

The point of being an Atheist is that you reject illogic on the basis of it being illogical. You reject things which defy truth.

It's not about being accepted into a crowd of atheists so you can feel warm and cozy and loved. If that's your goal, organized religion would work just as well and appeal to your pea-sized mind even better (you wouldn't have the few intelligent atheists in the group making points which you didn't understand yet were forced to nod with a vacant stare at) instead you'd be subjected to the hilariously dumbed down dogma of your religion and never lack for comprehension.
I wanted to share with you guys.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That whole exchange is completely false and just because it throws Einstein in at the end what is that supposed to do? Give it an air of sophistication or rationality? Absolutely not.

It's nothing more than a play on Epicurus and a bad one at that.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thank you for justifying my previous thread where I state that even tho many atheists are just fine amongst Christians and won't go out of their way to force their beliefs on them, those same "Christians" (although I referred to them as Religious Nutters) just can't seem to do the same.

It's their way or nothing.

There is a difference between Christian and Nut Job. I know the difference but it seems that you might not. Have a read and you will truly be enlightened.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

edit on 18-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Such a shame, I was enjoying the read until I got to your ignorant rant at the bottom.

I myself am an atheist, however I enjoy discusions on the subject, and I liked the philosophical argument that was presented, interesting look on things and a good come back.

I also respect others religious views and practices, as long as they don't get pushed onto me or anyone else. I enjoy reading up research on religions, the origins of religions, and the development.

You see, even to us 'stupid' atheists, we acknowledge the importance of religion. Even if we don't have faith in the beliefs, we know that all the religions are part of human history, and thus should be respected, researched, and not just thrown away.

You have just shown your stupidity in your ignorance. Your ignorance towards people who do not believe in your god shows how intolerable you are towards people of different faith/way of life/thinking.

You can never learn for yourself if you don't learn from others.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Student : Have you ever observed Evolution with your own eyes, sir?

This is the most ignorant question in the whole exchange.

When did evolution become instantaneous? Evolution takes time something Einstein would have known.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Very christian of you calling people stupid and morons.

Why is it so many religious nutters are so angry all the time?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I think that if atheism was silly like you claim it would have to come up with pointless crap like your thread to try and prove it.
Which it doesn't.
The fact that theists have to write things like this proves that they are silly, while atheists merely have to accept reality.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
While I can appreciate you message, the reason many people attack Christianity is because evangelical Christians often choose the path of confrontation when dealing with those of differing opinions and/or belief structures. An in your face "I'm right and you're wrong" approach doesn't breed openness, friendship and understanding, but instead polarizes the masses and encourages hostility.

All too often we have christians working to FORCE their religious belief system on us through outright manipulation of the political system. They don't care about the opinions of others, because in their mind they're right and everyone else is going to hell so why not have it their way?

Looking back through the past several hundred years, can you point out one instance in which christian churches have come forward on their own accord to embrace tolerance and acceptance? They openly preached against interracial couples, womens rights and and gay equality. If all you do is hate others, what does that say about your so called "religion of love?" I don't condone hate, but I really dislike hypocrisy.

I have many family members and friends whose faith in Christ will never be broken, and I'm truly happy that they've found that happy place in their life. Likewise, I'm truly happy in my beliefs. I just wish Christians would learn to be happy for me and respect my beliefs without infringing on my rights and trying to convert me to their way of thinking.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Why do we need all these useless threads? Whether god exists or not is irrelevant. Everything will still be the way it is.

If a god exists, fine good. Everything is still the way it's always been. If there is no god, Ok changes nothing.

Remember folks, you can always choose not to play this silly game.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I thought that conversation between an atheist professor and his student (who is alleged to be Albert Einstein) was fabricated. There's no evidence this conversation ever took place and it's most likely an eRumor.

This apocryphal tale of a college-age Albert Einstein proving the existence of God to his atheist professor first began circulating in 2004. One reason we know it isn't true is that the same story was already making the rounds five years earlier with no mention of Einstein in it at all. Another reason we know it isn't true is that Einstein was a self-described agnostic who didn't believe in what he called a "personal God." He wrote: "[T]he word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." And, finally, we know it isn't true because Einstein was a careful thinker who wouldn't have abided the specious logic attributed to him here. As written, the argument neither disproves the existence of evil nor proves the existence of God.

Source

You may think atheism is silly, but there will always be people on all ranges of the spectrum. You can't disprove or prove the existence of God, because it's out of the realm of scientific examination. So if people want to not believe in God, then so be it; it's not a fact that said deities don't exist.
edit on 3/18/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
wow this entire exchange is 100% false. Einstein did not believe in God.. yet you use his name to spew the word unwantedly in a thread in response to a highly intelligent rant of Jude11? I'm going to go ahead and call that border line feeble with a splash of pathetic.

Remember.. this is ATS and any member worth his/her salt will double check your so called OP.

Einstein made many remarks expressing his skepticism regarding an anthropomorphic deity, often describing it as "naïve" and "childlike". He stated, "It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously.

Albert Einstein's Religious Views

ETA: If you want anymore FACTUAL references to what Einstein REALLY said feel free to use the internet.
edit on 18-3-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A big part of religious discussions I have a problem with is when people say they believe something, but then say they know something about what they believe.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydoniaThis was a email chain forward that you posted....I recieved this a few years back......

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There are thousands of religions, all making radically different claims. Here’s a question for everyone following any of these different belief systems. Is there anything that would stop you believing? That is, would you accept any kind of “falsification principle” being applied to your religion? Is there any “fact” that you would accept as a refutation of your chosen religion? If you cannot formulate such a possibility then doesn’t it mean that you believe blindly? If you proudly state that your faith is "unshakable" then you are not prepared to accept anything as evidence against your beliefs. Therefore, your beliefs constitute an irrational fanaticism, completely divorced from reality. The difference between you and an insane person is merely a matter of degree or opinion since a madman also adheres to unreasonable, unverifiable beliefs that he will never abandon under any circumstances. Scientists actively look for anomalies and inconsistencies. They seek data that doesn’t conform with the expected results. That’s where Quantum Mechanics came from. Classical physics couldn’t account for a number of observed phenomena so had to be discarded, no matter how painful. Do religious believers look for anomalies, for reasons not to believe? And, if they don’t, aren’t their beliefs worthless? They could literally believe anything if they are never willing to challenge their beliefs. Every religious person ought to be skeptical because why would the True God want to associate with fools and blind believers?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by knightsofcydoniaThis was a email chain forward that you posted....I recieved this a few years back......

That's what I thought as well. It just shows how extreme christians are.. willing to slander highly influential figures of history in order to rake in more money for the preachers/rabbi's/vatican what have you.. none of it ceases to amaze me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
pretty sure einstein was a jew if not borderline atheist

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Einstein never said that. That conversation never took place. Einstein belittled the Almighty and pretty much wondered how someone so powerful could be so stupid and immature. Christians will say anything to try to get their point across and shove their beliefs down your throat. I never had anyone of any other religion have a problem with my lack of religion besides a Christian. Heck, nobody of any other religion has ever tried to convince me that I NEED to believe in God and accept Jesus into my life and tell me how I'll be screwed and damned forever if I don't.

I'm tired of it. Keep your religious views to yourselves Christians. I don't go around telling you that you need to change your ways, so please respect that fact next time you open your holier than thou mouth. I don't look down upon you for believing in a deity, so I don't want you to look down on me for thinking there may be another answer besides a mighty creator.

It just really gets on my nerves sometimes the arrogance of your religion. No wonder the Romans fed Christians to the lions.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I dislike stupid atheists as much as theists, in every regard. They differ in no respect whatsoever.
One worships a god blindly, one worships the concept of no god blindly.

If an idea was made of concrete, I'd cast my foundations before letting it dry.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Damn...OP got raped here.

Guess that teaches him/her to check facts before pushing a silly little agenda.

Remember, OP, some people on here are actually intelligent enough to research facts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
how can you tell people who don't believe in the magical dude in the sky that THEY are the silly ones?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join