It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About lithium, militar applications and others connections.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Finally we can see why ithium is so important now, forget about laptops and smartphones.

A123 Systems (NASDAQ:AONE) introduced the Military 6T Battery, a new lithium battery system suitable for military vehicle applications. The company reported that the 6T battery is a standard form factor suitable for the challenging requirements of a range of military vehicle applications.

lithiuminvestingnews.com...

One example of how much TPTB is interested in lithium was pointed by the member THE-PROFESSIONAL here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lithium sources are also found in South America and most of it's exploration is controlled by an US company called Li3 Energy, probably known by some members.

www.li3energy.com...

Now, going back to the fisrt source :

Company news

Last week, South Korean steelmaker POSCO announced positive results from the company’s lithium extraction technology.

And here you'll see the link between Li3 Energy (US) and POSCO (South Korea) :

SANTIAGO, CHILE--(Marketwire - Mar 12, 2012) - Li3 Energy, Inc., (OTCBB: LIEG) ("Li3", "Li3 Energy" or the "Company"), a US-listed and South America based global exploration company in the lithium and minerals sector, is pleased to announce the execution of a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding with its strategic partner POSCO (NYSE: PKX), to construct a test facility.

www.marketwire.com...

IF they already have "positive results" before the test facility in Chile was built, that could mean they already had been testing it somewhere else.

For some reason, I sense this company as a "Monsanto-Like" for strategic minerals (notice it's a 2010 info):

The completion of the Peruvian agreements, together with the company's ongoing
acquisition efforts in Argentina, Chile and the U.S.A., position Li3 Energy as one of the
largest option holders of prospective lithium acreages in the world.

www.li3energy.com...

South America is a lot easier to take over than middle east countries, and resources there should be plenty for us, but war is another industry and a good source of employments.

I just wanted to point all this out, I believe it could be another tactical move previously planned and executed in silence.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Nice post. Definitely better then lead acid.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Thanks. Well, I don't know if it's better...,we'll find out in the future.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Don't forget the possibility of adding lithium to the diet, ie the creation of more docile slaves.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
ok on the lithium battery's, i was looking around and stumbled on a science web site. i dont remember what the website was, but it had a lot of different research on various things. at the time i was looking for a new lipo batter for my rc car so i seen what they had on there about the battery's.

from what i recall it had some information about nano tech lithium polymer that they did something to to exstend the life by almost double the life. i will see if i cant find it again and post it, as it was a really interesting read.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Don't forget the possibility of adding lithium to the diet, ie the creation of more docile slaves.

If that was ever approved I would stop be a skeptic and start being one of the raving loons saying they are trying to poison us and kills us all.

Or maybe I'd be too docile to care.

It's actually not as bad as it sounds either though:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

We are not talking about therapeutic amounts,' he said, adding that a person would have to swallow 'several olympic swimming pools' of water a day to get a similar dosage to a prescription pill. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 19-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here's another reason why lithium is so important.

One of the military applications that you don't really hear anyone talking about is it's use as a fusion material in hydrogen bombs.

Lithium deuteride was the fusion fuel of choice in early versions of the hydrogen bomb. When bombarded by neutrons, both 6Li and 7Li produce tritium—this reaction, which was not fully understood when hydrogen bombs were first tested, was responsible for the runaway yield of the Castle Bravo nuclear test. Tritium fuses with deuterium in a fusion reaction that is relatively easy to achieve. Although details remain secret, lithium-6 deuteride still apparently plays a role in modern nuclear weapons, as a fusion material.[87]

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Lthium has been in our daily diet and medicine for a while already. I don't believe their main intention is to use it with people, however :

In the 1940s, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the use of lithium because of fatalities but lifted the ban in 1970.

emedicine.medscape.com...

Also :

the researchers conducted a number of studies into the effects of low level lithium supplementation in humans. In one placebo controlled research project, 27 former drug users were given supplements of brewers yeast tablets. The treatment group received yeast tablets enriched with 400 mcg of lithium. The control group received a placebo of non-enriched brewers’ yeast. Over the course of the study, the treatment group demonstrated a steady and statistically significant improvement in mood and reduction of violent thoughts.

www.nutritionalsupplementscenter.com...

So, (with my tin foil hat on), I would say if those FEMA camps get filled one day, lithium would be chef's secret ng ingredient.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
Here's another reason why lithium is so important.

One of the military applications that you don't really hear anyone talking about is it's use as a fusion material in hydrogen bombs.

Dilithium - the scientific name for a molecule composed of two lithium atoms.

Dilithium is depicted as an extremely hard crystalline mineral, which occurs naturally on some planets. When placed in a high frequency electromagnetic field, magnetic eddies are induced in its structure which keep charged particles away from the crystal lattice. This prevents it from reacting with antimatter when so energized, because the antimatter atoms never actually touch it. Therefore, it is used to contain and regulate the annihilation reaction of matter and antimatter in a starship's warp core, which otherwise would explode from the uncontrolled annihilation reaction. Though low-quality artificial crystals can be grown or replicated, they are limited in the power of the reaction they can regulate without fragmenting, and are therefore largely unsuitable for warp drive applications. Due to the need for natural dilithium crystals for interstellar travel, deposits of this material are, much like real world equivalents such as oil, a highly contested resource, and as such, dilithium crystals have led to more interstellar conflict than all other reasons combined.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well OP did say "others connections"

edit on 19-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yep
We are already using lithium battery's
Have been for a long time
They at the least increase your operating time by four fold - meaning I carry less spare battery's - which in turn means I can carry more ammo and water
There is a big effort to drive down weight at the moment
The ability to carry 1 aa instead of 8 and operate for just as long but be less fatigued ( just an example )
The modern soldier carries ALOT of batterys - night sight,thermal sight, gps, torch, head torch, short range radio, long range radio, strobe beacon, metal detector, ect ( but not nessasaraly all on the same job)
Well you would wouldn't you
Most of the ones I see are made by energizer
But I know there's been a lot of speculation regarding afghanistans 1 tril of resources recently
A key one is lithium
Who's mines are they ?
Infact whos the biggest 'investor' in afghan resources ?
Its not who you think though
edit on 19-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

nfact whos the biggest 'investor' in afghan resources ? Its not who you think though

I know who it is.

China's long-term strategy is clear: It has become the largest investor in Afghanistan, developing highways to connect Iran and the giant Aynak copper mine south of Kabul. The Chinese have likewise financed the deep-water port at Gwadar on Pakistan's Arabian Sea coast.

Source:www.foreignpolicy.com...

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

In 1838 the U.S. Congress outlawed the employment of serving officers on private railroad and canal projects and re-directed the officer’s attention to their military duties which consisted of.. wouldn’t you know it.. building railroads and canal projects. Cheap war labor has been responsible and expected to.. construct infrastucture for trade and commerce ever since the invention of the wheel. In 2002-2011 the Northern Distribution Network (NDN) and the Modern Silk Road (MSR) and the war in Afghanistan/Middle East are examples of trade-route construction during war in your lifetime. Peacetime trade and commerce has never been and will never be affordable without cost-effective, war-time infrastructure labor.

Source:www.enterprisecorruption.com...
edit on 19-3-2012 by jlv70 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Now normally I'd look into you abit
But I'm gonna go on a bit of faith as it surprised me you answered so fast and accurately
What else do you know about china and Afghanistan ?
Be vague if needed, generalise
We might have something to talk about

Ooooh I sooooo wanna check you out !
lol chill tho

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I try to connect the dots, follow the money, and sift through the BS to try to find the truth.

I just do it for fun.

I wonder how many people know about this?

In mid-2005 construction began on a bridge across the Panj River to Afghanistan which was funded by the United States and opened in August 2007,[5] and plans called for construction of several other bridges ultimately connecting Tajikistan to warm-water ports to the south.

What two countries does Tajikistan border? It borders more than two, but you know what two I'm talking about.

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-3-2012 by jlv70 because: add text

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Nice
And why do you think America would develop a second major road route in another of my mates stans place
When china has already constructed one ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I could speculate, but that's about all it would be.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

That would be way too off topic lol
But if you really wanna know just have a look at my posts over the past week, be warned tho I do like to leave little hints to what I ..........think ??
is going on in some very unlikely threads
Have fun
U2u me anytime

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
POSCO's new technology for lithium extraction pointed in my first post, is based in a chemical reaction in salt waters.

On February 23, RIST, under POSCO, demonstrated the technology to directly extract lithium out of the salt water from the Great Lake of Uyuni, Bolivia through chemical reaction. This technology uses the method to extract lithium by causing chemical reaction in salt water. The extraction period was also shortened from 12 months of the existing natural evaporation method to less than 1 month. A small amount of lithium can be extracted even in 8 hours. The lithium recovery rate also rose from 50% to more than 80%. It is also possible to extract other high-value elements such as magnesium, calcium, potassium and boron separately at the same time.

www.4-traders.com...

All this process doesn't look eco friendly if you ask me, no environmental impact is mentioned....hmm, too good to be true.

top topics

join