It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 33rd Degree Mason Admits to Knowledge of Treasure Rooms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was about 5 years ago, while near Tucson treasure hunting with some friends, that I got to talking to one of "the new guys" that was with us for the first time. Damn, we were having a blast!!! Digging, eating, drinking a beer or twenty.

We decided to take a break for an hour or so, and, during this break this new guy, "Jimmy," spews out the fact that his oldest brother is a 33rd degree Mason. I nonchalantly tell him that if his brother is actually a 33rd degree Mason, then his brother is a Satan worshipper, and that he also knows where the treasure rooms are located in the "area" that his brother controls. At that point Jimmy went ballistic!!! Folks, we almost came to blows!!
I thought that I had made Jimmy mad because I told him his brother, if he's Masonic, then he's a Satan worshipper...but NO....Jimmy was peeved because I said that his brother knew where all treasure rooms were located in his area!!!

We all parted at dusk, but Jimmy never let me forget what I had told him. In fact, Jimmy was going to confront his brother as soon as he got back home (in another State).

Six (6) months went by before I made it back to Tucson. I walked into a friends house and there was Jimmy, freshly back from his home State. I won't go into everything that we talked about, but he told me that he had confronted his brother about what I had said concerning the treasure rooms (not about being a Satan worshipper, but about the treasure rooms. LOL). Jimmy told me that after we parted that day, that the other guys had told him that what I said was probably true, that I knew my "stuff." (Not to brag, just stating facts). Anyway, Jimmy went on tell me that he drove straight through, for 20 hours, getting back home so he could confront his oldest brother.

At first his brother denied everything, but Jimmy rode his brother until his brother finally admitted that, "Yes, it's true. I do know where the treasure rooms are located, but now I am so old that I had to pass the protecting of these rooms down to a younger member of the lodge."

Kind of funny, isn't it. Jimmy didn't care about his 33rd degrree Masonic brother worshipping Satan, he only cared about the fact that his oldest brother had knowledge of treasure rooms and never told him about it!!!!!!!

Have a great day, Ladies and Gentlemmen.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
nothing surprising about it.Who cares about satan when there's treasure to be found

edit on 18-3-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

I was expecting a bit more by the title, so basically this is all hearsay?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by dign4it

no, it's a fantasy. Pure, unadulterated, fantasy.

Like the last 3 of these threads. Sorry, I have to go now, My Satan pie is read. I like to bake for him on weekends.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

Cool story Bro!!
Got any evidence, or shoulld we just take your word for it?
Pics or it didn't happen?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

Sounds pretty cool I guess, but I wish you had some evidence or more info. What is supposedly in these treasure rooms?
edit on 18-3-2012 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
the probelm is you have to steal the declaration of independence to find out where they are

bummer

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the probelm is you have to steal the declaration of independence to find out where they are

bummer

And find the real necronomicon and chant "Klaatu barada nikto"at the opening of the vault.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by dign4it

no, it's a fantasy. Pure, unadulterated, fantasy.

Like the last 3 of these threads. Sorry, I have to go now, My Satan pie is read. I like to bake for him on weekends.

So why as a confirmed Catholic, did you sever your ties with Catholicism in joining masonry? arguably for some, one fantasy replacing another.
edit on 18-3-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

More than that Network, there is a known list of vaticanians who are masons. Regardless of that, why are masons nonchalant about mention of Satan, but do regard the Devil as an evil, is it all semantics?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Gonna go with an S&F on this one. Wow...a very interesting story of greed.
Lack of empathy, and concern. Caring only for ones self.
One of the best threads I have read in a long time. I don't do a lot of posting, I mainly glean information. But this time I had to sign in and respond
DH

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think ATS masons should go look for this "hidden treasure". You know, since only masons would know where to find it and all?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by smurfy

More than that Network, there is a known list of vaticanians who are masons.

I have no doubt there's a list of Vatican officials thought to be Masons. Until we see lodge names and numbers, though, this cannot be regarded as reliable.

Regardless of that, why are masons nonchalant about mention of Satan, but do regard the Devil as an evil, is it all semantics?

At some point, being constantly linked with Satanism based on self-confessed hoaxes, unsourced rumors and a complete misunderstanding of the structure and function of Masonry makes it very hard to take the issue seriously.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
I think ATS masons should go look for this "hidden treasure". You know, since only masons would know where to find it and all?

Yep, that is true, but since we are still in the "secret societies' forum and not the pranksters forum, anything goes.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by smurfy

More than that Network, there is a known list of vaticanians who are masons.

I have no doubt there's a list of Vatican officials thought to be Masons. Until we see lodge names and numbers, though, this cannot be regarded as reliable.

Regardless of that, why are masons nonchalant about mention of Satan, but do regard the Devil as an evil, is it all semantics?

At some point, being constantly linked with Satanism based on self-confessed hoaxes, unsourced rumors and a complete misunderstanding of the structure and function of Masonry makes it very hard to take the issue seriously.

I think I have touched a nerve somewhere, nevertheless I was addressing comments by Networkdude, in particular comments he made in another thread but relevant here,

"Freemasonry does not teach religion. It does not teach who God is, or who the devil is. Is it not a religion nor a replacement for religion. A mason must already have his faith before he is initiated. Our teachings come from the Bible and yes we do place other religious holy books on the altar if it is requested by another member of a different faith. It’s freemasonry’s stance that our job is not to determine which religion is correct, it is to love each other and learn from each other and live a good life. When we die, we will have the answers to our questions. I am/was a confirmed Catholic and I joined knowing that my ties with the church would be severed. I agree with the principals of masonry. Tolerance is Godly, tyranny is of the devil. (IMHO)"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

How many of these stupid threads are you going to start? Couldn't all of these have been consolidated into one?

Why do people like you think you can define another man's relationship with God?

Did he say that that he was mad about that? With that, how would he know about secret treasure rooms?

You really are pretentious. Who cares what a group of guys say? Doesn't mean its true.

I highly doubt that your accusations caused someone to drive 20-hours to talk to their brother. Plus, there is no evidence of any of this (ie names and/or a recording).

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

To answer your question, I found myself in severe disagreement with the money aspect of the church. It seemed everything revolved around money first, and the service of the soul a distant second. Maybe you can say it was just my church, or just the ones in my area, but I was seeing a pattern. Adding on, building new, grander buildings, all while the same problems existed.

I had several friends who were masons and I liked the fact that they did charity stuff for kids. I think if you are going to help anyone, it should be someone who cannot help themselves. So for that, and a few other reasons I joined, knowing that I would probably not be welcomed as a Catholic anymore. I consider myself a Christian, but I don't believe the same thing some people do. I believe what's in my heart, and not what I am told to believe. If that makes me evil, so be it. I like my relationship with God.

And I will joke about satan and lucifer, and Baal, and Balphomet and whatever other evil entity some uneducated bonehead wants to claim I worship, because I know it's garbage and laughable. My brothers know it's laughable. Anyone who went past the Bible nutter websites knows it laughable.

I am very happy with the choices I made.
edit on 19-3-2012 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus won't share his beer

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
OP, it sounds to me like you've been reading Louis L'Amour and Dan Brown while watching Brad Metzler's Decoded.

The story is great, unless you worry about a little thing called 'integrity.'

Not only is the story cliche, but the 'evil' Mason thing has been debunked about a trillion times. It would be like someone writing a story about falling off the end of the Earth because they went looking for the Holy Grail.

Exciting Prose for the simple minded.

That can be quoted for the back flap of the book of fiction you seem to be writing.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thank you all, for your replies.

I knew this post was going to draw the ire of some, but so be it.

Again, thank you for your replies.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dign4it
I knew this post was going to draw the ire of some, but so be it.

You realise that 'treasure' in the Mason's intellectual and moral quest is a metaphor, right? Like gold with alchemists?

This be the treasure you are looking for, lad:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join