It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden is going Paperless.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Sweden has decided to push for a currency that is solely based on cards, no more physical money. It will be the first country to make this push. It really shouldn't be too long until the next countries follow. I honestly can see benefits in this but I believe the cons far outweigh them. This means that you will not have complete control of your money any longer. If you don't have it in your possession than it isn't yours. Remember "Possession is 9/10's of the Law". Next stop RFID chips I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
plus it gives the govt a much greater way of tracking you and your purchases. i say no thanks, cash is still king in my book.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

too many people will realize whats wrong with the cards and go ape # in time. the rfid will fail just as bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
so it begins.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

I have my doubts. People seem content in sitting in their homes, doing nothing more than watching Jersey Shore. As long as there is comfort, people won't rebel. I refer to this as happiness in slavery.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Already being discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately it is the unwise thing to do from a sanitary standpoint. Cash currency is also a rapid spreader of disease.

But if you look at that filthy slot on a cash machine thats never been cleaned since it was new, sticking your card inside is about the same as using a hooker who has never seen a condom.

the cards themselves are 100 times worse at spreading disease than cash.

A 5 dollar bill comes into a store till. It sits and then is given to the next customer. 3 people had contact with its germs.

A card is used at an atm that has sludge build up. The user has now been in contact with the hundreds of other germy cards that went through the machine in the previous 72 hrs. Then he goes to two other machines on the way home and slides his card through. Now how many hundreds have contacted each other during the dangerous 72 hr bio period?

So yes. Cash is king. And could be much safer with a set of UV rollers at the cash register.

just sayin.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
dood it's not like you're going to be fapping with your card and spreading germs

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by BulletShogun

I have my doubts. People seem content in sitting in their homes, doing nothing more than watching Jersey Shore. As long as there is comfort, people won't rebel. I refer to this as happiness in slavery.

i think it will happen simply because its an easy way for crooks to get money. crooks will find some way to get money from this. people wont like being cheated

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Add to existing thread : here

new topics

top topics

join