It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient City May Have Been Discovered in Antarctica

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've been doing my best to follow the Lake Vostok news as it appears, although I doubt we will find anything out what with security organizations seizing control of bases and such.

I tried to find Vostok on google earth and of course my search was fruitless, but I did find coordinates of a weird looking entrance/ cave. Almost too smooth to be natural so who knows, maybe this is related?

66 36' 12.58"S 99 43' 12.72"E

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hondafoxracer
I've been doing my best to follow the Lake Vostok news as it appears, although I doubt we will find anything out what with security organizations seizing control of bases and such.

I tried to find Vostok on google earth and of course my search was fruitless, but I did find coordinates of a weird looking entrance/ cave. Almost too smooth to be natural so who knows, maybe this is related?

66 36' 12.58"S 99 43' 12.72"E

Agartha.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

every time i think of how many ancient cities must be buried deep in the arctic ice i am constantly reminded of the mountains of madness- lovecraft. it's going to happen one day, i know it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

As hard is this may be for a sheeple like yourself to grasp.. Earth is heading into the next ice age, not a new warm period. So likely we will never find it. Ever. However this if indeed is discovered to be an ancient city, may prove that there were advanced civilizations at one time. Perhaps, when Antarctica was part of a different land mass, or even as many theorize Pangea. Ha ha, the mystery deepens. How ever, there are likely many natural explanations for this anomaly. Earth has many magnetic anomalies, even though this area has delivered such high readings in tests we know very little about Antarctica, as well as the recently discovered lake deep beneath the polar ice.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I like how your source sites "The X-Files" and Adolf Hitler.

Several sources immediately pointed to the fact that the location of the "Vostok anomaly" is quite close to coordinates shown in the "X-Files" movie regarding the fictional location of a massive, "buried alien spacecraft." In fact, the Russian Vostok Base is the closest base of any kind to the coordinates given in the movie. (All this reminded us, of course, of our own previous suspicions about the true source of some of X-Files creator Chris Carter's story ideas ....)

obviously not a coincidence

Indeed, it is easy to see Antarctica as Hitler did, as the source of worldwide "Atlantis" legends we have all heard and read.

his ideas were very sound and down to earth
edit on 19-3-2012 by SinDefiant because: added quotes

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I've heard about this before, the magnetic anomaly is true. There is also a book called "Atlantis: The Lost Blueprint" that lays out a case for the city of Atlantis being under the Antarctic ice.

When the first of this story came out, I looked at everything I could find. The original satellite photos showed a long rounded structure very large very clearly under the ice. That original picture I was never able to find again. It was tubular like an enormous tank rounded at both ends, like the type of habitat our science came up with for possible mars missions in the future. it sat on one bank of the lake and had what looked like pier into the water.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
This is an obvious hoax. Scientists only recently drilled through to Lake Vostok, and so far they didn't do much. There's no way there was any magnetic anomaly, and even if there was, that wouldn't signify a city.

Moreover, the lake has not been uncovered in human times. It's not even known if there is life down there, let alone do scientists expect there to have been a city there at some time.

Lake Vostok is below kilometres of ice. It took a very, very long time to drill down that far. No way did it get covered up with ice since humans started building cities.

The referenced article is a fabrication. Want to disagree with me? Please provide a credible source.

Magnetic anomaly
There is a 1 microtesla magnetic anomaly on the east coast of the lake, spanning 105 km (65 mi) by 75 km (47 mi). Researchers hypothesize that the anomaly may be caused by a thinning of Earth's crust in that location.[44]
en.wikipedia.org...

You can find reputable sources for the anomaly anywhere it is mainstream, just the "what causes it is not mainstream>

The original articles and the first satellite photos made it look as though it were an intelligent made object, the race to reach it also was extreme then there was the stories that some scientist became ill with an unknown illness and were removed from the site.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
I think we would have heard about it by now.

Guess it would be easy to keep it under wraps down there though.

of course!

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Maybe when it is all melted due to global warming we will find out more.
But I think if really found TPTB will cover it up.

not to mention if there's a RELATIVELY rapid global magnetic pole shift, then one would conclude that after such a shift, the Antarctic continent would inevitably end up spending more time exposed to the sun, which would speed up this process.. melting ice on a GRAND scale..making way for MASSIVE and VIOLENT FLOODING (ie: Biblical Noah type scenarios) ..

yet exposing the land for resource acquisition and another 'reason' for world war conquest via different countries vying for rights over land claims.. etc...

this is all very realistic and has been discussed at large in new defense measures over protecting New Zealand (Antarctica's gateway .. jump base..) .. from Chinese conquest... forgot where I read it but there was a serious meetings of the heads of defense of NZ, USA, Australia in how to amp up NZ's defenses against such an attack.. it's REAL.. they're seriously considering these potentialities.... this was a concrete defense department summit of the heads of these nations... would take awhile to dig it up.. anyone knowing about it plz post it...

not to mention the 2010 movie "TOMORROW" where Australia is invaded by Chinese troops... predictive programming... hints of future events...

China's been buying up Australian land nonstop since the mid 90's.... not to mention the HUGE influx of asian people into Auckland, NZ....

i think THAT'S where the fulcrum of future world power will be..

Australia - New Zealand for claiming and dominating the newly thawed Antarctic Continent....

now.. if Antarctica goes NORTH during the pole shift...

what in the North... goes SOUTH??... and what in the North goes NORTH.. and what in the South goes SOUTH??? that's the ultimate question... whomever has that data via.. supercomputer simulators.. has the keys to the future of this planet.

by that last query.. I mean.. if we tilt in a specific direction.. and say... southern South America becomes the new South pole.. and Antarctica moves up to the latitude that Australia once held.. then does Greenland become the new North Pole? these types of instances.. not much action fussing around greenland

HOWEVER the Svalbard Global Seed Vault - en.wikipedia.org... is placed on the Norwegian Spitsbergen Island. in the Arctic. Now if the calculations of the best and brightest have decided to place the last vestiges of plant life useful to repopulating the planet.. in this SPECIFIC location... with future re-orientations of climate in mind...

then that could add GREATLY into forecasting on our own.. how the north and south may pan out as what is frozen.. and what is not.

to give you an idea of where landmasses and frozen water may settle in the future... post-shift.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
This is from 2001 - there are lots of weird stories coming out of that place but if an ancient site had been found, I think we would have heard about it by now.

Guess it would be easy to keep it under wraps down there though.

REALLY???! If you think this than you have no idea the world we live on. There is a massive movement of denial about actual ancient history and there has been for hundreds of years. Civilization on this planet is older than we can imagine and more advanced than we assume. There is a lot of physical evidence of this and legends but mainstream takes a very conservative approach instead of looking at the science that's screaming at them. All mainstream science will side with a conservative explanation instead of listing all possible explanations.

I don't know about Antarctica.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

The Scientists are grappling with some serious magnetic anomalies that could be caused by metal from an ancient city.

Who said "could be"? Did you? Okay...

In deference to the anomaly part I relate an experience I had as a kid with a certain spot in the Santa Cruz mountains. The guide said there is in fact a measurable magnetic anomaly that affects compasses, keeps birds away and baffles scientists. The "theory" is an iron meteorite buried in the hillside. The Mystery is why there are no birds chirping in the trees. And the reported reason is it messes with the Brainware that detects the earths magnetic field so they avoid the area.

The rest of the tour is just smoke and mirrors.

But your report of the magnetic anomaly reminded me of this (the iron meteorite part).

edit on 19-3-2012 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by rigel4 I said it "May" have been, and that was a working theory from a group of Scientists,

Actually, it isn't and it never was. No scientist believed that (though a few who called themselves scientists and who never visited there apparently do.)

You can verify this for yourself by asking "what are the names of the scientists?" -- when archaeologists make discoveries, even minor ones, their names are attache to the discovery and you can easily look them up on the university web sites. Cities, by the way, are not identified by magnetic anomalies.

But, that's the way Richard Hoagland rolls..
/FAIL

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I hope we dont awake the aliens there, or else we might have like this
Yukikaze

An alien portal opened near south pole and mimic humans look and tech. War lasts for 30 years or so, worth watching. Yes, it specifically in the south pole in the anime.
edit on 19-3-2012 by NullVoid because: link repair

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Would like a real source.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Everyone knows Santa is supposed to live at the north pole, so who is supposed to live at the south pole? The Grinch sorta looked like an alien.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This post reminds me of this book i read "the genesis covenant" it tells the story or a city under the antartic ice built by a civilization that predated the evalution of homosapiens. man that would be so cool if this were the case here. i doubt it though, i guess we will have to wait tell this summer when the russians send a robot into the lake to collect samples and look around. I do think they will find some tubes and maybe some crabs like the do in the ocean around volcanic vents.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I remember seeing an article that once said that antarctica was once located near the equator. If this is true then civilizations could have existed there and thats why a city is found there

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by surewhynot
This post reminds me of this book i read "the genesis covenant" it tells the story or a city under the antartic ice built by a civilization that predated the evalution of homosapiens. man that would be so cool if this were the case here. i doubt it though, i guess we will have to wait tell this summer when the russians send a robot into the lake to collect samples and look around. I do think they will find some tubes and maybe some crabs like the do in the ocean around volcanic vents.

The Covenant of Genesis?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgar806
I remember seeing an article that once said that antarctica was once located near the equator. If this is true then civilizations could have existed there and thats why a city is found there

there is a city found there?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by couldbeanyone
reply to post by rigel4

every time i think of how many ancient cities must be buried deep in the arctic ice i am constantly reminded of the mountains of madness- lovecraft. it's going to happen one day, i know it.

i'm afraid of hearing the chilling whistling sound of "tekeli-li, tekeli-li" before you get your face and sanity dissolved by a primordial amorphous blasphemy from the dead city near leng.

yeah i think if mountains of madness everytime this comes up lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join