It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm a newbie when it comes to background checks. can somebody please help me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
so far every records site i have seen charges a fee for someone's criminal records. if anyone knows where i can get results for free, please let me know. beenverified didn't seem to have alot

thanks
teganamenra

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ozmaoz47
so far every records site i have seen charges a fee for someone's criminal records. if anyone knows where i can get results for free, please let me know. beenverified didn't seem to have alot

thanks
teganamenra

as someone who used to be employed performing background checks (that would be me), you cannot get an accurate one for free anywhere.....

and the online sites are not reliable nor accurate. best to hire someone to do it, like a PI who specializes in background checks
there is a lot more than an automated site doing a thorough background check. often someone needs to actually go to a courthouse, make phone calls and so on. you need a live person to do it and it wont be free

a lot of employers hire PI firms to do their employee screening/background checks because they are very thorough...
edit on March 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Online information of all kinds has been pretty much locked up by these companies that charge money. You can't even look up a phone number anymore without having to pay for it.

Make friends with a cop or former cop. They have access to databases.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What's this for? I have never needed one done myself, although I had one for my security clearance. Are you just checking to know what's out there?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Online information of all kinds has been pretty much locked up by these companies that charge money. You can't even look up a phone number anymore without having to pay for it.

a lot of cops cannot just go do a search on a database nor do all cops have access to a bunch of databases.
plus they need to have a reason to be looking people up.
you will NOT get full information on one's background just from a cop looking a name up.....

there is just so much more to it than that....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I just sent one away for my new job and no you can not get it for free.
If you are in the uk it will cost you or your employer £56 to get an enhanced crb check.
Oh and they check databases in Scotland yard so no you can't just check yourself nor could a cop do it without a decent reason.
edit on 18-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

a lot of cops cannot just go do a search on a database nor do all cops have access to a bunch of databases.
you will NOT get full information on one's background just from a cop looking a name up.....

I had my buddy to a criminal check on someone I interviewed because I had a weird feeling about her. He came back with about a five-page felony rap sheet with all the juicy details - arrests, convictions, parole details, orders to go to rehab. Repeat DUIs, fraud and larceny, check kiting, drug dealing...

Glad I had him check. I never would have guessed this well-mannered, well-dressed young lady had a background like that. The first regular old google search I did returned DUI records on her.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Wow you know how illegal that is right? Stinks of police corruption... just do it the proper way.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I had my buddy to a criminal check on someone I interviewed because I had a weird feeling about her. He came back with about a five-page felony rap sheet with all the juicy details - arrests, convictions, parole details, orders to go to rehab. Repeat DUIs, fraud and larceny, check kiting, drug dealing...

Glad I had him check. I never would have guessed this well-mannered, well-dressed young lady had a background like that. The first regular old google search I did returned DUI records on her.

but that is a criminal background check. that is NOT a thorough background check. that doesnt show civil issues and all kinds of other info. and not all cops can do that. it depends on various factors....

maybe the OP needs to be specific what kind of info they want

edit on March 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Wow you know how illegal that is right? Stinks of police corruption... just do it the proper way.

He's not a cop anymore

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ozmaoz47

You can sign up for publicdata.com. That is a website that, when you are a member, allows you to search by name or license plate. What you can find there is all public records. So you can type in the name, and if they have a drivers license, you will find it. I usually start there, to get a birthday if I don't know it. You can search if they have a professional license (like a hair stylist would) or a voter registration. You can also look up their criminal/civil records. I usually find a drivers license or state identification card first so that if I do find a civil or criminal record, I can know that I have the right person by confirming first, middle, last names and birthday.

There is nothing illegal or wrong about this. It is all public record. They charge something like $10 a year I think. It may be different now, I have been paying for this service for several years, for use in my business.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by ozmaoz47

You can sign up for publicdata.com. That is a website that, when you are a member, allows you to search by name or license plate. What you can find there is all public records. So you can type in the name, and if they have a drivers license, you will find it. I usually start there, to get a birthday if I don't know it. You can search if they have a professional license (like a hair stylist would) or a voter registration. You can also look up their criminal/civil records. I usually find a drivers license or state identification card first so that if I do find a civil or criminal record, I can know that I have the right person by confirming first, middle, last names and birthday.

There is nothing illegal or wrong about this. It is all public record. They charge something like $10 a year I think. It may be different now, I have been paying for this service for several years, for use in my business.

Just an FYI....i know this database well, it does not provide full accurate results. Do not depend on this database! I have used and verified it against actual court records (criminal and civil) and it does not pull all records on people. It should be used with caution....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
i just want to know if he has a criminal record

reply to post by greeneyedleo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ozmaoz47
i just want to know if he has a criminal record

reply to post by greeneyedleo

If you know what counties he's lived in, you could try checking out some courthouse or jail/prison websites. Some have a search feature where you can type in names and get specific charges and some information like the amount of bonds for each charge and date of charges filed or court appearance. It's worth a shot if you have his previous location info... Check surrounding counties to be sure as well. A lot of people who commit crimes do it away from their neighborhood. Kind of a "never sh# in your own backyard type of thing"
Good Luck!

new topics

top topics

join