It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe weather: Texas/Oklahoma 3/18/12

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

There is so much wacky weather happening this year...it's pretty insane!

Thank you for the heads up!

Also, I really enjoy your avatar because it's completely true!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ya, I thought it was going to be a "slight risk" when I went to bed last night..I wake up to the weather channel and now the Torcons are higher..
Mine went from 3 to 6 over night..
www.weather.com... les/daily-torcon-forecast_2011-07-11

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
has it passed over anyone on ATS yet? i'm wondering if anyone has gotten hail. i'm hoping for just torrential rain and nothing more. fingers crossed.

edit to add: i just checked the radar again and a tornado watch is in effect and that portion is heading straight for me.

edit on 19-3-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Haven't noticed any hail yet, just a few power lines down on east side and lots of rain/thunder.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
reply to post by pasiphae

Haven't noticed any hail yet, just a few power lines down on east side and lots of rain/thunder.

that's good to know. my car won't go in the garage. i have a serious tornado phobia so i'm already preparing for a panic attack

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I hope for your sake that it blows over. I'm surprised at the few lives that have been lost for the overall amount of damage that's occurred over the last couple of years.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We are under a tornado watch, a flash flood watch, and a river flood watch. It's been EXTREMELY windy all day, and I've seen lightning for an hour or so but the radar still has the storm pretty far off, and it's moving slow...so that's not a good sign. I live near Ft. Smith, AR.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

slow is never good. i've noticed that the wind has died down here (austin). i'm hoping it's not the calm before the storm. someone on facebook told me he thought it was going to break over austin and we wouldn't get it very bad.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This storm goes across the entire country according to current radar.
All the way from north to south! It isn't a wide line, but it sure is long.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
We can see it on the horizon near in Fentress, Tx on the San Marcos river. It's on its way from San Antone though. I hope we don't get hail, but I got to say the sky hate that tornado haze to it all day, like something in the air.....Stay safe guys, it does look like a bad one.
Peace and Love,
Heather

"had that tornado haze"
edit on 19-3-2012 by parksh because: wrong word used

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Already now we're under a severe thunderstorm warning, tornado watch, river flood watch, flash flood watch, AND flash flood warning.

A new update: the storm line has recently intensified so they're now expecting brief tornado spin-ups and even MORE damaging winds, lots of rotation and the line is of course still moving slow.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
it's just moved past me. boy was that a LOT OF RAIN. 4 huge power poles knocked down near me by a burst of wind but i haven't heard of any damage. lots of water in low lying areas though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join