It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adds on ats and around the net

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
just today i was looking at getting some puncture resistant insoles for my shoes since i started working at this construction place. a nial in the foot does not sound fun at all. i was looking on line for either a shoe are insoles i could use to keep nails from going in my foot. got bored with that and i stop by ats to see whats new. what do i find but on the front page there were some puncture resistant insoles in one of the adds. i hit the refresh button and there was an add for safety shoes.

i find it funny but the adds where of some of the same shes and insoles i was looking at. now among ats's add's i found the same thing at a few other places i frequently visit.

how about any of you all, have you noticed this as well? i dont think there is any thing wrong with it, kinda entertaining to see.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Data mining.

For some reason I get immigration ads a lot.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
google+data mining

Even if you don't use google most sites use its adservice.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Nothing unusual about this ... advertisers online have been pulling this for a few years.. it's based on cookies and your ip address .. your search requests and browsing habits are monitored to serve up ads that might be relevant to you as a consumer.. The ads on ATS are ran by some of the same ad networks on tons of other sites..

Not to mention many online stores will also share search requests you make with those ad networks.. check the privacy policies out on some of these sites - you'll see that it's right in there.

With that said.. there are lots of browser extensions that block this activity.. they block known ad networks, block ad tracking cookies and various other things.. look into it .. if you use chrome or firefox you can get useful stuff from userscripts.org .. or the chrome extensions directory

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Everything's linked in
It's how they make a little extra cash on the side no doubt

However this concerns me
Because all I seen to get is women's wrinkle tricks
How women can loose their 'belly'
Or how some housewife makes $$$ a day working from home
Are they trying to tell me something !!! lol
Call me a horse once, shame on you
Call me a horse twice, I'll slap you in the face
Call me a horse 3 times, maybe it's time to buy a saddle !

Now I know my data 'piggy backs' so this maybe the issue
But I do know my car insurance is due
After reading your thread thought I'd look at the homepage to see what there was
Low and behold - car insurance !
And I've not been anywhere near the net to look

edit on 18-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 18-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
im not worried about it, i knew they share the info on people just didnt know it was that fast. it was only a few hours ago i was looking at them.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
how about any of you all, have you noticed this as well? i dont think there is any thing wrong with it, kinda entertaining to see.

Of course. You look for generators, you see generator ads. You look for online schools, yiou see ads for online schools. You look for Disneyland vacations, you see ads for Disneyland vacations. Depending on how the cookies are set, the ads stay there for a couple of months, then are replaced with whatever you browse this week.

THEY are TRACKING you! It must be a conspiracy!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. The OP caught my attention simply because I was looking for a new pair of boots before it's warm enough to ride & suddenly there are ads all over every site I visit for not only the website where I found the boots I want but said ads are showing pictures of the exact boots I'll be getting for my b-day.
Mystery solved.

top topics

join