It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My delegate convention yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Cool experience. From 9-5! Over 120 people were running for congressional and/or state delegates. Plus we went through 4 pages of resolutions. Bachmann stopped in and gave a little speech. I refused to stand and clap with everyone else when she was done.

Now the interesting part. Knowing there are some shady goings on in right now, I brought my tablet, and hit record whenever I was near someone "official". One lady, working at the credentials booth (where you go to register yourself as a delegate nominee trying to advance), said the following to someome registering, this is a paraphrase.

Delegate: "So how are things goin?"
Lady: "Not bad. Is this you're first time here?"
Delegate: "Yea. I'm a Santorum supporter."
Lady: "Good. Then please sign up. We need you. These Ron Paul people come in and they have no idea what they're doing."

Again, paraphrase. Check this thread later.

edit on 18-3-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Her statemeant isnt necesarily bad. She could have meant it in the pretext of "these Ron Paul supporters ""are still young and its their first time doing something like this"" haveing no clue what they are doing." It would have been smart to interject and ask her what she meant by her statement. Your in public, this isnt Nazi Germany, you may ask/call people on what they say and what they mean. Be that investigative journalist you wanna be

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"Stealth recording" people in public is generally seen as a violation of rights. It's one thing to record public speech where someone's talking in front of a bunch of people and quite another to walk up and surreptitiously record them.

I don't think you should make a practice of this. After all, you wouldn't want people creeping up on you and recording things you say to friends or others at the campaign, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
"Stealth recording" people in public is generally seen as a violation of rights. It's one thing to record public speech where someone's talking in front of a bunch of people and quite another to walk up and surreptitiously record them.

I don't think you should make a practice of this. After all, you wouldn't want people creeping up on you and recording things you say to friends or others at the campaign, right?

Hmmm I dont see it that way. In a public setting where cameras and video cameras were allowed, I don't see a problem at all.

I wasn't spying on anybody. Just wanted to record the event. Also, I wouldnt care if people were recording me in this situation. I wouldn't say stupid things. Who sees this as a violation of rights? I cant find anything online.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well the state I live in I can tell you for sure if you step on private property and the person that owns the property is recording SOUND and they do not tell you, it is illegal. (I know this isn't exactly like your specific case)

I believe there are different rules for videotape and sound.

I also believe it differs state to state.. but IDK if something like this would be admissible in a court or something like that.

Best to check with a lawyer in your state, IMO.

But I am willing to listen regardless!

edit on 18-3-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If you are in a Public place you have no expectation of privacy.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Not gonna post unless I know its legal.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

W

If you are in a Public place you have no expectation of privacy.

What I thought. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I apologize that this took a while to upload, but here it is. Volume needs to be UP.

www.youtube.com...

Maybe somebody here could embed this. I'm not sure how.
edit on 29-3-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here is a ROUGH transcript.

Official: Who are you going for?
Delegate: Well, I, at the caucus, I voted Rick Santorum.
Official: Great! Sign up. We need you. Because these Ron Paul people are coming...they don't know what they're signing up for. It's....it's ridiculous.

www.youtube.com...

The funny thing is, during the resolutions, the Ron Paul supporters (who can be recognized when you hear what they're saying) were the most elaborate, intelligent speaking people in the auditorium.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
lol...

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones going in these conventions following parliamentary procedure by the book, are organized and are there to win.

How do they not know what they're doing?

top topics

join