It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Airs New Foodstamp Ad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I question the validity of your claims. How do you know they're illegal aliens? How do you know they receive $1100/month in food stamps when the state maximum is $526/month for a family of three?

If you really believe all of your claims then make the call:

To report any misuse, fraud, waste, or abuse of food assistance benefits, call:1-800-424-9121 (toll-free number)
You may also contact the Colorado Department of Human Services at 1-800-536-5298 to report suspected Food Assistance Program violations.

Until you do anything other than complain on the internet I think you're lying to try and prove your point.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Originally posted by Propulsion
There is an illegal family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog.

Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1.$1100.00 IN FOOD STAMPS FOR 4 KIDS (MOTHER PREGNANT AGAIN).
2.Medicaid.
3.HUD housing.
4.Pal grant checks for school loans.
5.3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6.$40,000 Lexus with “I love Obama” bumper sticker on back.
7.$50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

My older son used to get along with one of the kids from the family. That was until we found out he was dealing drugs.

And WHO is paying for all the above? The middle class! Makes me SICK!

Oh, did I forget to mention, they are ALL illegal!

I live in Denver which is a sancuary city...

REPORT THEM, REPORT THEM, REPORT THEM! INS!!! Stop being the silent majority; if you know of this going on, do something about it! It's as much your fault as it is the governments; enablers are enablers.
More people come in and out of their house than the local Wal-Mart. Police are there regularly for dog fights and rooster fights. All the illegal actions are blamed on the underage kids so the adults don’t receive jail time. System lenient on kids because they are minors and illegal. They only get probation.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NebulaZero

Then you're only hurting yourself. If you're truly eligible for any of those programs and you don't use them, what good does it do? You make it harder for yourself and you become just another low-income statistic for who knows how long.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NebulaZero

I am flat broke, and will never be caught dead in such a program.

Well, thats nice.

It seems you have a pride issue. An issue that you have not really thought out too well.

I want nothing but a job/career. I will not get on this government aide bandwagon.

Guess what, I wanted the same thing. You know that I went and did something about it.

I went to the local college and enrolled. I also got some federal financial aid and I graduated my two year course.

It is one of the few things that I am thankful for from the federal government.

But, I guess you would rather sit and whine in your bed of sorrow, of how you "just want a carreer".

Do something about it, it is up to you.

edit on 19-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
First off, I think it is funny that the Fox News panel makes it a point to never mention where this ad comes from.

Because just like some are doing here...they want to make this about Obama.

I'm pretty sure this ad is coming from Minnessota's new program to make sure people that need help are getting help...mostly seniors.

www.hungerfreemn.org...

I find it funny that people get angry at any government actively wanting to help their citizens and make sure they aren't going without food.

I tend to agree. I am sure there are many people in need right now who have never been on food stamps, who need to use this benefit, and have no idea where to begin the process.

As the economy gets better, *guffaw* people won't need food stamps any more. Except the ones who win the big lottery jackpots, of course.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

I question the validity of your claims. How do you know they're illegal aliens? How do you know they receive $1100/month in food stamps when the state maximum is $526/month for a family of three?

If you really believe all of your claims then make the call:

To report any misuse, fraud, waste, or abuse of food assistance benefits, call:1-800-424-9121 (toll-free number)
You may also contact the Colorado Department of Human Services at 1-800-536-5298 to report suspected Food Assistance Program violations.

Until you do anything other than complain on the internet I think you're lying to try and prove your point.
I have called Adams Social Services (the county I live in) here in Denver many times. I have even gone in one time personally. When I went in, there was one (1) white family of three waiting in line to get help. I can tell you with 100% accuracy that 9 out of 10 people waiting in line to get help were illegal. There were a good 50 to 60 people waiting to get help.

Illegals know better than anyone on how to drain the system. I know for a fact that there are at least 15 to 20 people living in their 4 bedroom home.

I am not a liar. These are the facts!

edit on 19-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You have no proof.

One white family...that either indicates your claim or that white people are more wealthy or, in some cases in this very thread, too proud to bother applying for benefits that are rightfully theirs.

I continually hear claims about how good 'illegals' have it here in America, with big fancy cars and dozens of people sleeping in the same room. All while doing absolutely nothing. Yet, I never see any proof.

I've seen some illegals working, but that's work...that's not 'doing nothing.' If they're buying gas for their big expensive vehicles then they're paying gas taxes. If they're buying big, expensive vehicles they're paying big, expensive state sales tax...which they have to do every year. If they're getting all these benefits you claim, then they have to have a social security number...if they have a social security number then they could use that to find work...if they do that then they can pay real taxes just like everyone else.

The fourth amendment was written to protect people like them from people like you.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Awesome. The record amount of citizens on food stamps are we as a county celebrate a "recovery"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

You have no proof.

One white family...that either indicates your claim or that white people are more wealthy or, in some cases in this very thread, too proud to bother applying for benefits that are rightfully theirs.

I continually hear claims about how good 'illegals' have it here in America, with big fancy cars and dozens of people sleeping in the same room. All while doing absolutely nothing. Yet, I never see any proof.

I've seen some illegals working, but that's work...that's not 'doing nothing.' If they're buying gas for their big expensive vehicles then they're paying gas taxes. If they're buying big, expensive vehicles they're paying big, expensive state sales tax...which they have to do every year. If they're getting all these benefits you claim, then they have to have a social security number...if they have a social security number then they could use that to find work...if they do that then they can pay real taxes just like everyone else.

The fourth amendment was written to protect people like them from people like you.
I have no time now, but I WILL have your proof tomorrow. You have NO idea bubb...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
The conspiracy here is: Get everyone on food stamps, then change the law with what can be bought. Now you have how many people on GMO littered foods stuffed with multiple preservatives and cancer causing carcinogens.....population control in the disguise of helping people from starvation....

This quote, just won the million dollar bonus round, for what I am sure is a sure bet to come. Great thinking, as this is exactly what I see happening in the near distant future

edit on 19-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is a serious problem in America. Every day I see more and more lazy people. But, we do need these programs to help the real needy. So how do we weed them out. I have been down on my luck being laid off from a job. It sucks really bad, we need to help some for a couple months maximum, not lifetime supply of money and food

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by volcom2308
This is a serious problem in America. Every day I see more and more lazy people. But, we do need these programs to help the real needy. So how do we weed them out. I have been down on my luck being laid off from a job. It sucks really bad, we need to help some for a couple months maximum, not lifetime supply of money and food

yes, and no, when you have the state of Idaho having 6 out of 10 families on food stamps to keep food on the table is that a down on your luck problem, or a problem that our system has now been laid to waste?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Foodstamps/Welfare, any sort of handout that isn't community based is bad for the nation.

It's one thing to help someone out, it's another to give away other people's money.

It's basically a step towards communism, not that we might not have something to learn from it.

Whatever that is, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know it.
edit on 19-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
me and my wife/children are on food stamps, without them we would not have much to eat...

we used to get cash aid to help with rent, but the republicans ended that this year with thier new law of only allowing 23 months of assistance...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

I don't know how anyone can watch anything on Fox. The worst of the worst. And WTF does Wayne Rodgers have to do with this?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Fox news...yeah...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think- JMO- that a lot of people eligible for food stamps don't get them.

BUT also- that food stamps help the local economy, and keep grocery stores open.

My area has been hit so bad- sometimes I think, if there were no food stamps, how many grocery stores would be left and what would be in them? Milk? Cheap White Bread? Potted Meat and tuna?

Food stamps have been shown to put money into circulation locally.
I don't think they are what we need to be fussing over.

BTW, we had about 8 grocery stores shut down in our area. We're really only left with 2- Walmart and Kroger. I'm really glad for Kroger b/c Walmart just sucks- they never have good sales and they don't have food that people that can cook can actually COOK with. It's all boxed and convenience, few spices or special ingredients....it's for busy people that can't cook for the most part.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Whatever you do, DONT GET MICRO CHIPPED

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
The most unfortunate thing about food stamps is you have to have an address.
That leaves the homeless who really need the food out of the equation.

Not true I know plenty homeless people that get it...hell I did one girl's forms for her to recieve and she is homeless, yes you need an address, You can use a friends and it doesn't have to be a permanent address.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
who cares who is on food stamps? I think it is EVIL the people that don't like helping others no matter what the circumstances are and really people shouldn't spend their free time caring about it either, boring. Usually it is only poor people. Seriously, all the money the government takes from us the people and steals it is the least they can do is give everyone some food. These people are saying some are participating in fraud, the government lies and practices fraud and corruption about everything all the time. We learn fraud from our government and society. It has always been corrupt. I saw something it is going to be a way to get people micro chipped. Whatever people do they definitely should NOT get chipped!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join