It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Airs New Foodstamp Ad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Get a clue the economy is crap you have 25 million out of work another 50 million on welfare/food stamps.

75 million people out of a country of 320 million it is ridiculous how delusional some people can be.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Ya, Obama wants people to be on food stamps

Your supposed to throw away used douche bags, not drink em, FYI...

More people are on food stamps now than 4 years ago.
Fact.

Now the government is making it the new normal.
Fact.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

What what?

People really buy that Pelosi crap that food stamps create jobs?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by liejunkie01

I believe in fairness. If poor people get food stamps, I should get food stamps.

Otherwise you're stealing from me and giving to them.

To the OP: the advertisement is an embarrassment.. being on food stamps should NEVER be socially acceptable, it should be frowned upon, it should be a temporary crutch.

Is it fair to poor people that you can afford to eat and they can't? Fairness is relative, as is equality. This just levels the playing field, and allows poor people, mostly minorities, to eat dinner every once in a while. Is that too much to ask?

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Forget food.

I want everyone taller than me to be made shorter. Why do THEY get all the height?
Fair is fair! Right?

Just cut off a few inches of their legs.

Make us all equal.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

What what?

Think about it: if starving people are eating, then they are healthier. If they are healthier, they are able to work more efficiently. If they work more efficiently, then businesses can cut costs, allowing them to hire more people!

This is GENIUS at work here. Obama is a true master of his art.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The majoirity of people on food stamps do not work.

There is no genius here except robbing from peter to pay paul and Peter already has his own problems.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

What what?

Think about it: if starving people are eating, then they are healthier. If they are healthier, they are able to work more efficiently. If they work more efficiently, then businesses can cut costs, allowing them to hire more people!

This is GENIUS at work here. Obama is a true master of his art.

/TOA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Im sorry but this has got to be the funniest joke I ever heard in a political debate.

hahahah

Nice one

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have no issue with food stamps.. I know my family used them when I was a kid and it really helped make tough times feel a lot less tough.. it let us focus on spending cash where it was needed and not worry about food.

However.. one issue I do remember seeing a lot of when I was a kid... is seeing people who just took those food stamps and sold them for cash.. always at a loss .. so if they had $50 worth of food stamps they'd sell them for $30-$40 in cash so they could go by cigarettes, alcohol or drugs.. Hopefully that kind of thing is in check these days.. I know that now they use a card kind of like a debit card.. so maybe that changes things a bit.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I believe in fairness. If poor people get food stamps, I should get food stamps.

If you find yourself out of a job and the bills are backed up, then you too can apply for food assistance. It is there for that purpose.........

On the other hand, if you are working and are able to take care of your needs, then what is the problem with helping someone out with a very tiny fraction of your earnings, who might be down on their luck?

Have you ever checked out the many programs that are there to help people? You yourself could be able to take advantage of some programs that could benefit you yourself. Whatever your profession, whatever your age......

Otherwise you're stealing from me and giving to them.

It is the system we have. You work you pay taxes, you die.

It sounds that if you do not agree with the system, then why live here in such agony?

This is not the nation of you my friend. There are many other individuals here that are tryin to make it through their own struggles under their own little set of circumstances.

I was just curious.

Have you ever sat down and figured out exactly how much you are contributing to helping out people on food assistance?

Can you do the math and show me exactly how much money you are being "robbed" as you state it, to help out some people in need?

I am curious to know because unless you are a serious money making machine your part of the "bill" is pretty small.

I would like the amount of money that is going into human services from your paycheck. Not the whole fed deduction............Percentage of the percentage.

Not trying to be so blunt, but are living in the land of "me" and not "we", as in "we the people of the united states".

Pretty damn selfish

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ya, Obama wants people to be on food stamps

Your supposed to throw away used douche bags, not drink em, FYI...

More people are on food stamps now than 4 years ago.
Fact.

Now the government is making it the new normal.
Fact.

Fact, fires don't burn a buildings down in two seconds

Your best friend Bush created a disaster and America has had to limp back, Fact,
eat it.
edit on 18-3-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely on the mark, there! And he left Obama to pick up the pieces. Obama can only do so much, but what he's been able to do has been MAGNIFICENT! Our country is defended, we're fighting the good fight against foreign aggressors bent on our domination, and economic freedom is secure.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

You are absolutely on the mark, there! And he left Obama to pick up the pieces. Obama can only do so much, but what he's been able to do has been MAGNIFICENT! Our country is defended, we're fighting the good fight against foreign aggressors bent on our domination, and economic freedom is secure.

/TOA

It's not too late TOA. Come back. The force is strong in you.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The majoirity of people on food stamps do not work.

There is no genius here except robbing from peter to pay paul and Peter already has his own problems.

That's completely fabricated information by those on the right who want to destroy families and leave children starving on the street. Stop with the extreme right propaganda.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

They not only want you to eat their way, but they'll let you get used to using them and then threaten to pull the plug if you don't live the way they want you to. Extra bonus for them, they get to see the purchases ( means hiring more government pencil pushers to review everything i.e. that means tax dollars at work) that are being made and nmaybe even formulate a mini profile of the person using them before they even get an application for renewel. That's my take on things.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

"Every dollar of use of the SNAP program, there's $1.73 that's generated for our economy, which helps our grocery stores," Prettner Solon said. "It helps our farmers. It helps everybody along the food supply chain."

It helps the economy.

Only 41 percent of eligible seniors in Minnesota are enrolled. Marlys Toogood, a 78-year-old who delivers free meals to seniors in Roseville, attended Wednesday's unveiling of the ad campaign. She said it's clear why seniors aren't signing up.

"I think they're proud," Toogood said. "They came through the Depression. They knew hard times, and they think they can make it. They don't want to admit to having to depend on somebody else."

The stigma associated with food stamps and unemployment results in situations where people do go hungry or don't pay bills. Fox "news" and a number of the commentors in this thread perpetuate this belief that no one is there to help you when you're down in this country. That no one cares in America.

If you don't want to use the benefits provided to you, fine, don't. That doesn't mean you should mock and deride those that do want/need those benefits.

Also, this is coming from Minnesota, Obama has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by allprowolfy

They not only want you to eat their way, but they'll let you get used to using them and then threaten to pull the plug if you don't live the way they want you to. Extra bonus for them, they get to see the purchases ( means hiring more government pencil pushers to review everything i.e. that means tax dollars at work) that are being made and nmaybe even formulate a mini profile of the person using them before they even get an application for renewel. That's my take on things.

You bring up a good point.

Food stamps as a tool for social engineering. Smoke cigarettes? We may cut you off if you don't quit!
Own a hand gun? Uh-uh-uh! Give it up, or your family starves.
Growing a garden? Fine. But if you do, no food stamps.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Actually it is the perfect argument for privitization for Social Security crap happens everyday and the ability to get money anytime for whatever reason without having to beg Government.

Would effectively end the need for welfare and unemployment and take the burden off people already dealing with their own issues.

Paying ones own way in this world is blasphemy.
edit on 18-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why dont we just make it a national holiday(twice a year) for the entire country to go out and hunt for their own food.

Whatever the state provides in the wilderness, is up for grabs. But those caught offing animals without eating them will be put to the gaunlet.

=)

Just trying to solve the food problem.(evil laugh).

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Why dont we just make it a national holiday(twice a year) for the entire country to go out and hunt for their own food.

Whatever the state provides in the wilderness, is up for grabs. But those caught offing animals without eating them will be put to the gaunlet.

=)

Just trying to solve the food problem.(evil laugh).

You mean forage, right? Science has proven that too much protein causes your kidneys to shut down. We shouldn't kill animals for food, anyway. Just because they're a lower life form doesn't give us the right to snuff out their lives.

And there's the added danger of your gun accidentally going off and harming one of your hunting partners. Best just stick with veggies and fruit.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join