It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't mean to complain but....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi again.
My second thread (Don’t moan yet.)

I assume this subject has been brought up before so please pardon me if I regurgitate for a moment.

Who is running things on this site?

The main thing I question is the new thread area. Sometimes it seems like there are no new threads then all of a sudden they seem to fly by.

There seems to be some bias where new threads are concerned.

Don’t get me wrong I understand that topics that receive the most hits will be shown more attention.

Shouldn’t all new threads be given the same amount of time to attract readers?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There's different ways you can view threads, not just by the newest. There are peak hours as far as activity goes. And just because your topic wasn't on in the newest topic list that long doesn't mean that it wasn't viewed by less people. If your topic has been on there for over an hour, that's because activity is lower than if it was on there, say, 30mins.
edit on 18-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by craziedaze

Unfortunatly for this site.. There is ALOT of bigotry here. Alot of the pot calling the kettle black... It's sad. Many times new posters will find their post pounced upon in seconds. There is a hatred here for any "Not Like Us". You'll find everything from quiet gay bashing under catchy titles, gay pushing under catchy titles, christian bashing, even though whatever people bitch and bicker about here happens on ALL sides. There is hardly any civil descussion here. It's more of a "fight your way through" if you want something out there, because someone with a much louder voice and rag tag "cliques" to back them up, will always focus on anything they can to destroy a post simply because they dont believe it, or they have no other reason to be here but to troll you to the point of wanting to leave... Even though there are forums here for many things, many people here will gripe about how you shouldnt be allowed to post THAT topic in THAT forum.

Sigh... And when I thought this would be a really cool place to be for civility. I honestly only stay here for new information, wether or not the trolls get to it first. When I find better forums, i'll certainly be on my way. This place is way to bias and much to hippocritical for me.

On another note.. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I see, where your coming from.. I see some really good threads along with ones that seem to be typed out by naive kids in middle school or something.. I see absolute genius, outside the box thinking, sometimes for a period of time, then influenced paranoia*( I dislike the word paranoid/paranoia* ) or clearly illogical threads that have not even been thought out, not to bash anyone...Sometimes I even see great ones fade into the abyss of information, while obvious "trolls" get alot of hype. Though, a lot of members at ATS are keen to this.. Maybe the mods should monitor the threads,carefully, and hold each one to the up most caliber, or, maybe the people should hold themselves to that.

edit on 18-3-2012 by jdftp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Thanx.

I understand what you are saying.
So I guess during high traffic times the new threads would be backed up.

I don't know. It just seems like there is a better way to do things.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
IMO, I think it all comes down to the quality of the thread. Throwing a couple lines up on a particular subject doesn’t go to well with me and a great many others. A lot of people are just out to get flags and stars, and they’ll do anything to get them….

The one thread you posted....
TRB In Action, consisted of three lines. I know everyone is different, but I like to see substance in a thread. I would prefer that the mods exclude threads that have little insight on the subject. Not to be mean, but it seems like your hurt a little because your threads aren’t getting as much attention as you would like them to. Again, that just my opinion...
edit on 18-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Sorry.

I figured as much.

Mods you can remove my thread. (Like they are waiting for my permission.)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by craziedaze
Hi again.
My second thread (Don’t moan yet.)

I assume this subject has been brought up before so please pardon me if I regurgitate for a moment.

Who is running things on this site?

The main thing I question is the new thread area. Sometimes it seems like there are no new threads then all of a sudden they seem to fly by.

There seems to be some bias where new threads are concerned.

Don’t get me wrong I understand that topics that receive the most hits will be shown more attention.

Shouldn’t all new threads be given the same amount of time to attract readers?

ATS is member generated...
Not only is it member generated but the amount of attention a thread gets is member generated...

so not sure what the "who is running this site has to do with it"

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No offense intended.

I could have phrased that better.

I just meant......nevermind. You know what I meant.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It's no big deal. It is frustrating how there appears to be times when your piece of gold thread gets zip and other people's crappy guess what I ate at lunch today thread or whatever gets attention... but honestly I would agree with the mod that it has nothing to do with the people running the site, just the users. What dies have to do wit the people running the site though, that I feel should be improved because it would help everyone, people looking for certain subject matter, and people with gold threads that no one has looked at, is the search engine... If I could search for something on the site easier, I would be less prone to posting something already posted and would be, of course, much better informed. BUT even still the search engine is good... but could be better

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No offense intended.

I could have phrased that better.

I just meant......nevermind. You know what I meant.

no offense taken
just wasnt sure what you meant
but i think i do as ive read further

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Whew... (wiping the sweat off my brow.)

Just what I wanted to do piss off one of the mods.

(not)
edit on 18-3-2012 by craziedaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey!

Did my thing even get posted?

Joking.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The one thing that attracted me the most to ATS, was the overall substance of the threads that were posted. One question you might want to ask yourself is…”What does your thread add on to the subject being mentioned”? Is it new information? Has the topic been mentioned before? Has the info been debunked already? Where did it come from?

You are very new here on ATS. In time, you will get a better feel for the site. It was the same for me when I started.

S&F for the effort...

Hang in there..

edit on 18-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Hey thanks for the suggestion.

I will at least search something before I start a thread. Try to keep it current...

When I posted my thread it was more an observation than critical judgement.

I now discovered that some members and mods seem to be a little thin skinned and defensive. (hmmm....)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Propulsion

Hey thanks for the suggestion.

I will at least search something before I start a thread. Try to keep it current...

When I posted my thread it was more an observation than critical judgement.

I now discovered that some members and mods seem to be a little thin skinned and defensive. (hmmm....)

Also, this will help you in creating good threads (and ones that wont be trashed
) Read these links

STARTING A NEW THREAD?

POSTING WORK WRITTEN BY OTHERS

And no need to insult with the "thin skin" comments. You were addressed based on your wording. Answers were given.

edit on March 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If you go to the "New Topics" tab and then the "New Topic Fire-Hose," you can view topics posted within the last 24 hrs. I usually check there then the forums I like by new threads then the recent threads page.

I tend to just go to the forums I like most and look at what has been posted. You can view each forum in various ways, it's pretty handy.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Thank you.

I am always open to suggestions.

It appears this is not the case with ATS mods.

(compared to your average member my stats are okay.)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you.

I'm not "trolling" or anything.

I thought this was something that could be considered.

Thank you I'll check that out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join