It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Seekers of Understanding: The War on Human Entropy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

We are all trapped in entropy's jaws and resistance is futile. Time's arrow says so

edit on 18-3-2012 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2012 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Religion was created to bring civility, laws, to enable us to better live together.
The true face of man is hideous.

That was your premise. Mine is the San have nothing resembling the monotheistic religions, yet they have a relatively civil and peaceful society. Therefore religion and civility have nothing whatsoever to do with one another.

I'm not suggesting the San society is perfect only that religion has nothing to do with their civility.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I've thought the very same thing myself. Nice thread OP, that takes some thinking and knowledge of both science and religion to come to those conclusions.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
After reading over this thread again...I can't help but think that the underlying themes have something to do with one of the things that makes us unique as a species....and that is the knowledge of our own death. We all know we are going to die one day....no other species seems to illustrate that knowledge like we do. Do whales and dolphins know they are going to die one day?...well...we have no idea....

This knowledge has led us into odd and interesting discussions and penning of literature...we all want to feel like "we matter" and that our presence had a purpose. Maybe it does...maybe it doesn't.

I remember many years ago when attempting to re-join the "fold" I asked a heretical question. "if there is a plan for us, then how can we embrace that plan and make a difference? What if "it" is silent....how do we know we are doing the right thing?"

I was called a blasphemer....go figure...and it seemed an innocent question....how do we "know" we are fulfilling the plan?....

Here's a clue...you can't...you wont....never will. The foundations of your faith is just as solid as mine but when they contradict one another...???....so we fight and kill each other?....I don't think that was the plan....which makes me come to the ultimate heretical thought.....there is no plan....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My personal thought here is that nearly all of you are missing the point.

You are assuming that having no purpose to life whatsoever, and telling mankind this, will result in the "enlightenment" we all hope for. To be blunt...this is folly.

The Bible (supposedly) gives a detailed account of how "God" gives both purpose and guidelines to life, just as Monopoly provides the game board, the rules, and the object of the game. Man without rules or purpose becomes man fighting only for his own basic life, to the demise of every other man within punching distance. However, should man become convinced there is a higher purpose, as well as rules as to how that object is achieved, man can be tamed.

Is truth better than belief when the "truth" will only destroy the human race? Who are we to decide that just because WE want the "truth", we should doom the world to chaos and anarchy because (hypothetically, mind you) it turns out there is neither god nor purpose?

Is the destruction of our race worth the unveiling of truth?

This is the ultimate question. My personal answer is: no. The "truth" is not worth the loss of millions of innocent lives, including women and children all over the world.

And if anyone thinks that the "truth" would not result in such catastrophe, they are lying to themselves. Mankind only values that which has meaning...if life itself is determined to be random, along with the planet, how are we going to treat it?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I've thought the very same thing myself. Nice thread OP, that takes some thinking and knowledge of both science and religion to come to those conclusions.

Indeed. It has taken months of reflection to reach these conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join