It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trooper Writes 205 Mph Ticket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My kind of speeding ticket!

Sep 22, 7:37 AM EDT

Minn. Trooper Writes 205 Mph Ticket

WABASHA, Minn. (AP) -- With a State Patrol airplane overhead, a motorcyclist hit the throttle and possibly set the informal record for the fastest speeding ticket in Minnesota history: 205 mph.

On Saturday afternoon, State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying near Wabasha, in southeastern Minnesota on the Wisconsin border, watching two motorcyclists racing along U.S. Highway 61.

breakingnews.nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah! I read that! I thought it was pretty cool! Not the ticket!

Here's my link.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If it was a Honda, it was quite probably this beautiful lady.

The Honda 1100 CBR XX
Ahhh, i think im in love.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
God damn cops!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oooo, a Honda! Aka mosquito for the sound they make. Go Harley! Not bzzzzzzz, but VVRRROOOOOMMM!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
have fun going 140 in your harley.

and on a side note, Any bike thats over 1000cc goes vrooooooooooooom
I've never heard one sound like bzzzzzzzzzz

[edit on 23-9-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know about the 205 part. The cop timed it using a stopwatch across a 1/4 mile distance. Plenty of room for human error. It would have to be modified to hit that speed and most sport bikes are limited to 187MPH.

Another side note, 140 on a Harley is plenty fast enough for me
and the fastest and quickest bikes in the world are Harley powered. They sound much sweeter too, to my ears anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Alot of those street racers drive unlimited totaly tweaked out bikes ya know.

If you ever heard of GhostRider, hes filming chase tapes on a 500HP Turbocharged Hayabusa, 205Mph on one of those doesn't even break you a sweat.

This guy was also driving a tweaked out bike. Its in the article.

I have a standard Bussa and I checked with my garage and it wouldn't even cost much to get it to go that fast.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What about that nice little number that dodge put out, the Tomahawk?

Yeah, this thing is pretty sick. I'm sure that if someone tweaked out some stock crap, they still couldn't touch one of these babies.

Link

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
First curb you goto take with a Tomahawk, you'll be feeling like you just got hit by a Tomahawk missile.
Its a concept monster that has alot of power but no actual usability on a road(xcept maybe a drag strip, but then it would get owned by actual dragbikes).
At least a bike like the BossHoss that has the same power can actualy be driven.

And calling a Bussa "stock crap", sheesh, thats ignorance embraced!!!!!
An utter and total insult to everyone who knows bikes.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm wondering how in the hell he got pulled over...By the time the officer registered the speed and started his persuit the guy on the bike would be a couple miles ahead...hell...he should have just kept on going...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I'm wondering how in the hell he got pulled over...By the time the officer registered the speed and started his persuit the guy on the bike would be a couple miles ahead...hell...he should have just kept on going...

The one clocking them was in a plane, the guy arresting was warned to wait for them ahead. Read the article :p

Loki: np bud, the Hayabusa happens to be one of the finest machines of the last years, its powerfull, fast and looks pritty damn nice too.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
The one clocking them was in a plane, the guy arresting was warned to wait for them ahead. Read the article :p

Well - I would have read it if the format and html coding on that page wasn't all screwy...just a little sarcasim anyways...

[edit on 9/23/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hayabusa, god those bikes are beautiful! Got everything, looks, power and are fast enough to peel your eyelids back over the top of your head! High maintainence though. You got to have a lot of money to keep one of those babies on the road at peak performnce. the matrix you my friend have one of the most stunning race bikes ever made, good on ya.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am just surprised that there was a Cop who had the ability to tell the time let alone be literate enough to write a ticket....

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
For anyone who has never seen one ( or cant be bothered to look )
Here she is in all her 2004 glory.

She's like a Ferrari on two wheels. *drool*

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
well if u think about this incedent this wae, has any 1 seen what 205 miles does if u crash and how far ud fly say about 100 to 150ft not to mention a human being being hit at that speed , the body bein hit would rag doll and within a split second smash into about 1000 ripped and torn pieces, F*** beein the human bein being hit at that speed

show sum comman sense

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rugoolian
well if u think about this incedent this wae, has any 1 seen what 205 miles does if u crash and how far ud fly say about 100 to 150ft not to mention a human being being hit at that speed , the body bein hit would rag doll and within a split second smash into about 1000 ripped and torn pieces, F*** beein the human bein being hit at that speed

show sum comman sense

Mate, ive seen what can happen to someone in a high speed bike smash. My Cousin came off his Bandit at about 95 mph, he broke both legs, smashed his pelvis and collor bone and a lot of ribs. He was in a coma for 2 weeks and now he is held together with pins and plates and his left leg is a good inch shorter than the right. Speeding on a bike is a very stupid thing to do, i was talking about how good the bike was not applauding the fact he had done over 200 mph on it.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'll stick with my trusty Busa eater, the ZRX-1200 (beats em everytime, 0-130)

Seriously though 205 on public roads is very risky and in some respects just plain stupid. One tire defect and your toast. Track days are available if one wants to open up in a safe manner.

Um to you Harley guys I respect that your on two wheels but I have to say perception is the greater influence when 35mph seems like its a 100mph due to ill handling 1930's frame and suspension. I think you guys need to stay with sedate cruising - you know right tool for the job and all that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join