It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Hiding Data of Magnetosphere Reversal ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Science doesn't always get it right. Let's try to stay as humble as possible while exploring the unknown.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

But there are sats from other countries. They should have remained functional. They all just dont stop working at once.

ACE is the only satellite which provides detailed solar wind data from outside the magnetic influence of the Earth. SOHO does provide some data but not the same amount as ACE.

ACE was providing full data on the 12th. It's there. There is no missing data.

The satellites within the magnetosphere (GOES, etc.) show the effects of the geomagnetic storm which was occurring, just as they are supposed to to.

2012-03-12 23:25 Continued Geomagnetic Storming Possible

Continued geomagnetic activity reaching the G3 (Strong) level is possible between now and the end of March 13 as the parade of recent coronal mass ejections affect Earth.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

The Topic is: NASA Hiding Data of Magnetosphere Reversal ?

Keep to the topic only please!
edit on March 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
something very strange hapend to me about 22;00,i am in sweden (middle).i was looking at venus thrue my scope,it was on the low west ,but at the location of 10 oclock of venus i see wwhat looks like a dark circular object yet at the side facing venus theres light shinning on it.i figured it must be focus ,or lens issues,so i adjust focus and even change lens but i keep geting this object about the same size of venus.and about 2 oclock of venus i see another small light very odd. bare in mind i am no astronomer.but that was weird.srry if i am off topic.tought it might sit well here.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
something very strange hapend to me about 22;00,i am in sweden (middle).i was looking at venus thrue my scope,it was on the low west ,but at the location of 10 oclock of venus i see wwhat looks like a dark circular object yet at the side facing venus theres light shinning on it.i figured it must be focus ,or lens issues,so i adjust focus and even change lens but i keep geting this object about the same size of venus.and about 2 oclock of venus i see another small light very odd. bare in mind i am no astronomer.but that was weird.srry if i am off topic.tought it might sit well here.

Could you have been possibly looking at Jupiter and one of its moons? Venus and Jupiter are side-by-side right now. Well at least they were Friday night.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

jupiter is lower then venus,and venus is shinning very bright,am i correct?
i checked that with stelarium and other programs and i can visually see jup.

edit on 18-3-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst

jupiter is lower then venus,and venus is shinning very bright,am i correct?
i checked that with stelarium and other programs and i can visually see jup.

They switch positions so I'm not sure whose above who now.

If this was Venus you were looking at, what do you think you were seeing? An object?...like a craft? Or a celestial body?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

it was the size of venus and circular dark and brownish color yet on the side facing venus theres sliver of light hitting it.it seem a celestial body.i know the implications of this,lol,looneybin. is why i am puting it out there,so others can clear it up by double checking its on the other side now.lol o yes venus was and is still apart from jup. it can be distingueshed.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

Beats me as to what you saw Bump. I'd like to know the possibilities though

Beginning of March

End of March.

We're somewhere in the midst of the changing of the guards. But Venus is probably above now. I'll check in 15 more minutes.

earthsky.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Science doesn't always get it right. Let's try to stay as humble as possible while exploring the unknown.

Step one... get a compass

Step two.. Look at compass

Step three... If compass points south there was a magnetic reversal

Now I imagine this thread will make 50 pages

edit on 18-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
NASA doesnt hide things...they just omit and dont give a straight answer.

use the force luke

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Someone should tell phage that up here in Canada there is a television show called "Greatest Know it All" that is full of people who "think" they are right and have an answer to everything. They are auditioning for the new season right now actually; Phage if you are reading this here is the link for the auditions!!!

Canada's Greatest Know it All Audition link for Phage

Second line.. Great heads up OP S&F

edit on 18-3-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Step one... get a compass

Step two.. Look at compass

Step three... If compass points south there was a magnetic reversal

Now I imagine this thread will make 50 pages

edit on 18-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Last time I had a need to look at a compass (due to rumors) if was off. North wasn't north. What say you to that? On second thought...never mind. I'll figure this all out on my own as we all should be doing at the present time.

To others: I for one think EVERYTHING is related right now. From the, extremely wild yet mild weather, the massive animal die-offs starting last year, these frightening and mysterious booms & rumbles throughout the world, the Sun showing us some 'WTF" images from SOHO and now.............this magnetic reversal.

If this is too much or too big for some of you to consider then, I hear there's probably a good reality show or sport broadcast waiting for you on television. So, get along and pay no more attention to this.

But I don't find this in the least too hard to potentially summarize together. It makes sense.
And I'll go one step further (knowing I'll get verbally-assaulted by some) I feel Nibiru (Tyche, Nemesis, Hercolubus or Planet X....they're all the same body) may be responsible for EVERY strange event happening right now.
Just a hunch. Not a conclusion.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
I think what the Op is looking for since the topic data can be replicated, is what caused the change? Well obviously that one didnt do anything serious so is it really a danger at all? Or just something to while away some time on with speculation.

there are two possible causes. Gamma Ray bursts from dying stars and cosmic fluff.

Both things Nasa regularly covers up as much as possible.

But then again since nothing happened is it really an issue? Or a precursor of something more?

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe it was just a glancing blow from a very distant GRB.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's time to start taking us 'conspiracy theorists' a little more seriously.
An earthquake hit as predicted. Not by USGS but by 'conspiracy theorists'

Here's the update:

Next huge earthquake 9-25-12.
Nibiru in-coming? Very quite possibly.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not sure what's going on, but the tension is high across the globe. We are sensing something. Those strange sounds heard in Jan. are what really convinced me. There is something going on in the core.
What did Phage say about the strange noises? I bet he said " happens all the time, perfectly normal" lol

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here's an interesting video I just found. I can't validate or debunk this. Just something that's over my head.

NICT Space Weather Simulation DOWN.. EXPOSED! SUN Disinfo lies royally EXPOSED again!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Why worry about a simulation in Japan being offline for a while (it often is).
The data that the simulation uses is readily available.
www.srl.caltech.edu...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why worry about a simulation in Japan being offline for a while (it often is).
The data that the simulation uses is readily available.
www.srl.caltech.edu...

I don't worry. I just post! Unless of course that was a rhetorical question.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Last time I had a need to look at a compass (due to rumors) if was off. North wasn't north. What say you to that?

North on a compass has never pointed North it points to the magnetic north, which is off from true north. every Cub Scout learns that one. Since the needle is effectively a magnet, it has no choice. So if the magnetic field reverses so does a compass

But hey knock yourself out figuring it out

i predict that there will be at least FOUR earthquakes tomorrow or the next day of mag 5.0 or higher

OH and it doesn't matter which day you see this... my prediction stands

edit on 20-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join