It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Hiding Data of Magnetosphere Reversal ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Can this be possible?.....the magnetosphere reversed? What are the implications if true?
I just don't know enough about this to really speculate but it does seem like specific data is missing. Now, why? What is going on here.................?

iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www2.nict.go.jp...
neutronm.bartol.udel.edu...
umtof.umd.edu...
www-ssc.igpp.ucla.edu...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Okay, something strange happened, but we're all still here so why hide it?

Like you I don't know enough to speculate.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
No.
Just another case of someone having no idea of what they are looking at.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Okay, something strange happened, but we're all still here so why hide it?

Like you I don't know enough to speculate.

Well, I can speculate as to why they might want to hide it and that's they themselves don't know what that meant.

Let's face it, the Sun is going crazy. Even a novice like me can see that from the data. And NASA may want to come across like they have all the answers so instead of making something up or.....admitting they don't know what's going on, they simply keep quiet and let us (conspiracy theorists) run with it. Which, we often do, to the point where the debunkers step in and make this all seem normal and that we're crazy.

You'll see. Keep an eye on this thread and watch who pops in. I am expecting my friend Jim Oberg to give us his rendition as to what's going on because if NASA is ever mentioned, he's here to set things straight
I do like the guy but I just don't agree with his take on things for the most part.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The guy that did the video probably explained it very well... but i confess i didnt get it at all...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No.
Just another case of someone having no idea of what they are looking at.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

HI Phage, how's it hangin?

With all due-respect, your very line 'It seems to be showing a representation of field strength not "material" flowing from anywhere' is hardly an end-all conclusion to this discussion.

It's merely your opinion and I wish you would convey that caveat within your posts.
Thanks buddy

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth

The guy that did the video probably explained it very well... but i confess i didnt get it at all...

I think the fact that we all see dates missing is enough to question 'why' (are they missing) if not 'what' (is happening) ya know?
It's just too strange to disregard. And like I said, the Sun is almost going through convulsions right now so why wouldn't we think it's affecting Earth's magnetic field? Seems plausible to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yeah, i totally agree with that...that's why I wanted to understand what could that possibly means...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Have you bothered to attempt to find out anything about what the youtuber is yakking about?
No?

Much easier just to sit back and say "Yup..NASA (and the entire scientific community) is hiding a major, incredible event. Yup, all that data is there but it's being hidden, alright."

You understand that not on NASA keeps an eye on solar and geomagnetic activity, righ?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
One of my subscriptions: MrCometWatch, is NOT a conspiracy theorists. He just tells it like he sees it. According to him, Earth reversed its magnetosphere four times that day.......within 16 minutes. Bow shock?
He has nothing to gain by saying this. I'm telling you, he's very conservative in his approach.

He's actually hinting to (Nibiru aka Tyche?) another object pulling on the Sun that might be causing the Sun to react the why it is lately.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

He's actually hinting to (Nibiru aka Tyche?) another object pulling on the Sun that might be causing the Sun to react the why it is lately.

Yes, very conservative.

The Sun is behaving normally, if somewhat subdued compared to previous solar cycles

edit on 3/18/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Seems to be......strong indication......the data tends to show.....the experts somewhat in agreement.....and a hundred other very similar lines are the basis of many posters responses.

I found if you want to know the truth you have to look at the presentations of both sides of any discussion and then dive into the so called experts discussion histories.

Only then can you see a trend to cover up and hide away things.

Goes for everyone. I spend more time looking at the slant and where it comes from than the issue. When those lines appear its easy to see who is lying.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Nice find. S & F. I've been very interested in the recent solar flare and CMEs and therefore been monitoring the solar activity every now and then, and there's no doubt the sun is acting up (I think even NASA said it would be like that this year). However, I don't know if the sun had anything to do with this reversal. Perhaps we got hit by a proton burst from something on the night side of the earth........ nibiru?

edit on 18-3-2012 by sonik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Have you bothered to attempt to find out anything about what the youtuber is yakking about?
No?

Much easier just to sit back and say "Yup..NASA (and the entire scientific community) is hiding a major, incredible event. Yup, all that data is there but it's being hidden, alright."

You understand that not on NASA keeps an eye on solar and geomagnetic activity, righ?

He's not the ONLY person I am listening/reading Phage. I've been trying to figure this out since the 12th. I listen and obtain all my information from many alternative media sites. NASA is nothing to me.
And this also may be nothing but right now, I am not convinced of that.

How is it when never-before-seen events occur, you and yours seem to have all the answers?
Please know I am not making fun. I am just trying to understand how someone can have and hold all the mundane answers all the time in a period of history when we're experiencing unprecedented events.
Banality doesn't bode well in the year 2012.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

How is it when never-before-seen events occur,

Really? Are you sure about that? This has never been seen? The simulation has never done that?

You understand that the animation is a simulation, right? It comes from a computer program. That computer program uses data from the ACE satellite. The ACE satellite is located about 1 million miles out, between the Earth and the Sun. The ACE satellite has instruments which measure various aspects of the solar wind. In order to to that, those instruments are pointed toward the Sun. So, even if there were a "reversed" solar wind, the instruments would not be able to detect it.

If you're interested you can get the same data that the computer simulation uses.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think what the Op is looking for since the topic data can be replicated, is what caused the change? Well obviously that one didnt do anything serious so is it really a danger at all? Or just something to while away some time on with speculation.

there are two possible causes. Gamma Ray bursts from dying stars and cosmic fluff.

Both things Nasa regularly covers up as much as possible.

But then again since nothing happened is it really an issue? Or a precursor of something more?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yes, very conservative.

The Sun is behaving normally, if somewhat subdued compared to previous solar cycles

edit on 3/18/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage, we know of 24 solar cycles in the billions of years of its existence. In fact, solar cycle 24 was SUPPOSED to happen last year and has been pushed back to 2012-2013. Why? If the Sun is that dependable and predictable why is it off schedule this time?

You know what we know?
Nothing.
And the more people pretend to know, and publish papers and books the more it pushes us back as a race. Because everything we THOUGHT we knew, always turns out to be wrong.
First Galileo (solar system) then Einstein (Time/Space) and now, Newton (Gravity)!

Seem if you want to know what's happening, we have to refer back to ancient writings (in as much as science wants to chalk that all off because it's too prosaic and abstract and doesn't mesh well with religion).

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think in this case you may be correct. The previous flare cause problems with ace and it couldn't be rebooted for quite a while. I heard that more than once but im too lazy to check the time span. If it was having trouble the data is all scrambled.

But there are sats from other countries. They should have remained functional. They all just dont stop working at once.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
I think what the Op is looking for since the topic data can be replicated, is what caused the change? Well obviously that one didnt do anything serious so is it really a danger at all? Or just something to while away some time on with speculation.

there are two possible causes. Gamma Ray bursts from dying stars and cosmic fluff.

Both things Nasa regularly covers up as much as possible.

But then again since nothing happened is it really an issue? Or a precursor of something more?

We don't know any cause and effect timeline. They're still trying to figure out if CME's cause earthquakes and if so, how long in between. Ya know?

But this happened on the 12th. It's the 17th. So...I'd say if nothing MAJOR happens this week then it's probably a non-issue. But with the severe censoring taking place on this planet (for national security purposes
) who knows what's being kept from us.
That's why much to (nameless) chagrin, I get all my info from alternative sites. Keeping in mind, rumors spread like wild fire so I always keep that in mind.
But when something like this isn't resonating well with me, I go searching for answers. And typical, normal, everyday answers just aren't doing it for me. Just like the 'firework' explanation for the massive bird die-off!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
reply to post by Phage

I think in this case you may be correct. The previous flare cause problems with ace and it couldn't be rebooted for quite a while. I heard that more than once but im too lazy to check the time span. If it was having trouble the data is all scrambled.

But there are sats from other countries. They should have remained functional. They all just dont stop working at once.

I thought that too but like you said, they all don't stop at the same time.....do they? Can they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join