Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Okay, I need help. Bah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can get all the Cds disks to work to transfer to the MP3, but I'm having a hard time transferring her Barbie and Justin Bieber DVDs over to the MP3, I'm trying to put the soundtrack and video to play it on the MP3. Anyone know to convert this thing?

It's transferring over through real player, thought I had windows media, would it work doing that?

Thanks

I have no problems with the CDs, just the DVDs.

It's a surprise.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I don´t know if there is another way but you can download a converter program, random google search,

www.imtoo.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What kind of MP3 player is it? You will have to convert the DVD to MP4 or some other file format for it to recognise it. Ususally MP4 but you need to know what your player handles. It may like AVI/DIVX instead.
edit on 18/3/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Oh, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. Bah, need a converter.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
1st off, does the MP3 player play video? If it does not, then the only thing to do is strip the audio from the dvd and change it to MP3 format which is a little complicated but not too hard to do.

If the MP3 player does play video, you most likely need to convert the DVD to MP4 or some other format depending on what formats the MP3 player uses.

Here is a good link to some popular video converters.

www.cnet.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Oh, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. Bah, need a converter.

You will need a ripper/converter. Rip the files from the disk and then convert to the format of your choice. Depending on the age of your computer it may take a while.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Yes, says it's suppose to play video. It's a touch screen MP3 Player. That has photos, Video, Music, and some other stuff on it. I can make like separate folders on the mp3 right?

Like one for music and one for videos, and one for photos?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Rule No 1. Make and model.
This will help others to help you.
The player itself will dump the files (photo, video, mp3) into separate folders on the player but that is transparent for the user.

DVD's can contain 1 or more audio tracks. Namely Stereo PCM, Stereo Dolby Digital and (Surround Sound) Dolby Digital 5.1. DTS 5.1 (a Dolby competitor) is also sometimes present. The sound and video are interleaved, meaning all in the same file.

The only way to separate them is with a so-called ripper. The major pain (and the reason why I do not do it at all) is that the video format (size in pixels) needs to be transcoded and is very CPU intensive. I tried it once on my ancient PC and it told me it would take more than an hour and a half. Hope it helps.
edit on 18/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Never-mind, I had a convertor.

I'm such an idiot. Thanks.

Would of helped if I looked in my folders.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Craig touch screen MP3, that's all I know, I threw the plastic away. It's got 4 GB.

I have no clue what I am doing on this convertor. I want it to play the video.

Do I have to save it as an ISO or copy full Audio, videos, subtitle?

Dang looks like she can only have 1 video, says it takes up 3-5 GB. woosh.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Craig touch screen MP3, that's all I know, I threw the plastic away. It's got 4 GB.

I have no clue what I am doing on this convertor. I want it to play the video.

Do I have to save it as an ISO or copy full Audio, videos, subtitle?

When you point it to the DVD it should find two files, I think they will be TS folders. AUDIO TS and VIDEO TS. You will need to rip these from the disc and then run both of them through the converter. As a poster said above, the transcoding can take time.

It takes me around 15 minutes on my quad core desktop with 8gb of ram.

EDIT. The 3-5gb size is that of the DVD. If you change it to AVI for instance it will end up at around 700mb for standard def. 480x720 without borders. MP4 may be slightly larger but you can set the resolution you want in the converter program.

On such a small screen lower quality video will suffice. Saving you memory.
edit on 18/3/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Oh, ok. Think I did it wrong then. It just had files with subtitle and I pressed convert, figured it would do it automatically. bah. Okay. I'll look for those folders. Thanks.

I have WinX DVD Ripper Platinum . First time using it, so I have no clue what I'm doing.

I'll transfer it and see if it works through the video.

Bummer, not enough memory on the drive. Figures.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The program your using should rip it all from the disc without having to extract the files. It may take longer however.

If you do it from the disc it won't save the contents of the DVD to your hard drive, it should just leave you with your converted video ready to load onto your player.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

OH..Guess I'll have to explore more.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You will manage I'm sure

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

According to Craig's webpage linky it comes with a CD containing video converter software. It might be an idea to try that first. I can't see any specs about their screen resolution so it might save you a lot of guesswork and time if you use the supplied software. Hope it helps and good luck.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Mine didn't come with a CD. I got it to work, but I couldn't get the sound, maybe because I didn't have the volume up, I don't know, but it did play the video.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Somehow it sounds like you haven't encoded the sound from the DVD. I've done this myself in the past.

Out of interest how large was the converted file? I neglected to say earlier you should convert your video to the resolution of the device your viewing it on.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Now you tell me. I ended up falling asleep. It was taking forever. Then it only download 1 file and not both them. Guess there was two. I'll try again tomorrow. How do I encode it? Do I just put an encoder like VCL something like that onto the MP3 or do I do it while I'm converting it?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

It will take a while with whatever resolution you use as your still taking the DVD and converting it. You are just encoding it to a different format.

When you open the converter and have selected the source file (the DVD) there should be a series of drop down boxes allowing you to select output format (AVI/MP4 etc), the quality (usually high, standard or low) and the output resolution.

The lower the output resolution you use the lower the quality of the output video will be. As your watching it on a small screen this doesn't matter so much as the eye can't tell.

If I were you I'd stick to the preset options as your player will still play the video at a higher resolution, it should just downscale the image to fit the screen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join