It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Couple of Incidents Have Me Wondering Right Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
It is quite an usual way to conduct a conservation. Post a letter to yourself with the title of a movie that you feel is appropriate for 'them'.

It'd be even more unusual if I understood what you're referring to in this post.

I'm going to hope that this thread signals an awareness of whatever may or may not be happening. I know that I don't know what I can't possibly know, and that I suspect only what can be inferred by what I do know. What I do know is that this case (the story behind the book) made the careers of several FBI and DEA field ops and that the Herkimer County DA's office went from having a $75K annual budget (in 1989) to a $2.5 mil annual budget (in 1990) on the strength of this one bust alone.

I also know that this book makes those involved come across like complete idiots, and that it's now the talk of the entire region right now, and that the book's climb started just as the mail tampering episode (with the letter and the check) happened.

I also know that the region itself doesn't see a lot of activity, and any activity at all gets a bit exaggerated whenever it does show up. The folks there can end up engaging in a lot of "small town" small minded reactions (even the ones assigned to the area for any length of time from other outside areas) when activity in the area affects them personally. Human nature, they call it. It can affect people's judgment and have them doing things that don't make sense to other people from other regions if the country.

I also know that the FBI (even regional operatives and their managers acting within their own authority) can directly access the US mail, and that they have impunity when they do so, as long as they've opened an official investigation.

And finally, I know that Alan can be investigated for whatever reason they want to investigate him, and it doesn't have to rise to a very high level of official concern within any 3-letter agency within the federal law enforcement system. In fact, due to the nature of his file, it can be pretty casual in nature.

That's what I do know. The rest is just me being paranoid and making absolutely sure that it's public knowledge that I'm aware and being paranoid about what may or may not be happening around me. Other that that, I'm just your typical ATSer with a crazy conspiracy theory that I want to share with the community, and that's all I am. Just your garden variety nut job drawing as much public attention to this whatever-it-is as I possibly can.

edit on 3/19/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
If your radio ever starts to spark or skip out JUMP.

Lol or at least thats what youll be thinking

That was a good scene. "Is that all ya got?!!!!"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The part that threw me off was

Last night I was kind of surprised to see a movie called "Kill The Irishman" in the envelope.

I though this envelope was something that came through the mail, not put together by your wife. There was an impression in your post that your where being intercepted and harassed through the mail system, due in part to your books. Does this help clear things up?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

So, you think that the FBI is monitoring your Netflix account? I wonder what other clues they'll be "sending" you next? But why don't they mess with your friend directly, if they could be pissed at your book's reopening of the subject? He should check under his vehicle for a bomb, if that's what the movie's story was about. Maybe you should, too.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

So, you think that the FBI is monitoring your Netflix account? I wonder what other clues they'll be "sending" you next? But why don't they mess with your friend directly, if they could be pissed at your book's reopening of the subject? He should check under his vehicle for a bomb, if that's what the movie's story was about. Maybe you should, too.

I've had two weird mail incidents lately, and that's what I know. The 2nd one involved something mailed to me by Netflix. The 1st one involved something mailed to me by my friend Alan (who I wrote the book about). Who knows if they are messing with him. He'd never tell me. He'd never tell anyone if it was happening. He's not the kind to share that sort of information with people.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

These mail incidents may be completely separate accidents, but a strong theme in this thread is that you are becoming a targeted individual due to your work. Statements to 'check your car' and and other paranoid concerns are at least entertaining the idea that something more insidious is at play.

My first message about mailing a movie title to yourself was about taking initiative if you are becoming a targeted individual. Generally these types of campaigns just try to scare, intimidate and impact your quality of life. Try not to fall for it as most bullies will back down when confronted.

As for what movie to select next, think about what kind of message you want to send to these people. Then again, there may be nothing to it and just some weird incidents.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've ordered movies from netflix a few times and they've sent me the wrong DVDs in the mail. It's usually childrens cartoons that I would never dream of wanting to watch. I think your brain is messing with you big guy, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. As it was St. Paddy's weekend, getting a movie with an irish theme by accident wouldn't be too weird.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

These mail incidents may be completely separate accidents, but a strong theme in this thread is that you are becoming a targeted individual due to your work. Statements to 'check your car' and and other paranoid concerns are at least entertaining the idea that something more insidious is at play.

My first message about mailing a movie title to yourself was about taking initiative if you are becoming a targeted individual. Generally these types of campaigns just try to scare, intimidate and impact your quality of life. Try not to fall for it as most bullies will back down when confronted.

As for what movie to select next, think about what kind of message you want to send to these people. Then again, there may be nothing to it and just some weird incidents.

Not a bad idea. Two can play that game, if it is indeed being played. Send your own movie title "message" to them and let them know you're on to their tactics.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

Not a bad idea. Two can play that game, if it is indeed being played. Send your own movie title "message" to them and let them know you're on to their tactics.

I warned my pal Alan about it and then I posted this thread. That should do it. I'm not in the mood to "play records" at anybody over this. I just needed to make it known (even if to no one but me and my own paranoia) that I picked up on a weird coincidence here, and what it is that I've noticed about it. More often than not - at least in my own personal experience concerning oddball indications involving much lower scale predatory threats of a similar nature - that publicly exposing it (even if only in the mind of the idiot instigating it) kills the threat off immediately.

People who engage in messed up stuff, like this sort of stalker-type threat (if that's what it is), always feel extremely exposed when any part of their activity is publicly revealed. It's the tension that comes with that sort of activity, and how it exaggerates things for the initiator. Reactions and expositions are all heightened for the perpetrator. I would imagine that it gets easier if someone does it a lot, or professionally, but I doubt if it ever completely goes away.

This thread should do the trick. Thanks for the comments. Hopefully, this will be the end of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I just discovered that the mods "fixed" the OP and edited out the book's title and the website that proves the claims in the book, but I guess they saw me as marketing the book here. Damn. Now the thread itself doesn't make much sense at all. So much for this thread accomplishing anything as far as turning this situation around for me. If it is real, then the perps are laughing their *sses off right now.

Thanks a lot. Great. Just great.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The "rules" here really are quite laughable and nazi esque arent they?Im sure someone wanted to sell a book would find more worthwhile ways than a conspiracy site thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If they are really watching you you will never know unless you slip up and find a GPS or something....they are pretty slick...prob some low level jackwagon playing games

top topics

<< 1   >>

join