Best data to gather during UFO sighting

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm sure the people that study UFO reports must often wish that witnesses had recorded more data that would help them understand the phenomenon. I am hoping that members might make suggestions for useful types of data to collect.

Here are some of suggestions I've come across from various sources:
(1) Report it to MUFON with as much detail as possible while it is fresh in your mind - not 10 years later.
(2) Go back the next day, because UFOs sometimes return.
(3) Include some static references when filming so ufologists can see any movement.
(4) You should practice using your camera and tripod, because often the sightings are brief.
(5) If you find angel hair you should seal it in a bottle and keep it in the freezer to prevent sublimation.
(6) If you are able to take a tri-color photograph using three filters it would help ufologists determine the actual light frequencies creating an observed color.
(7) If you have a geiger counter, you should try to measure any radiation and record the distance. (This would also be wise before approaching a UFO, because some people have died from radiation-like effects.)
(8) If there are indentations on the ground, scorched earth, etc. make sure a ufologist gets an opportunity to study it as soon as possible. (Probably that will happen if you report it to MUFON as soon as possible.)
(9) If there are other witnesses, get their contact information so MUFON can talk to them too.

So that's my best effort to start the topic. Hopefully others will make it more complete.

edit on 18-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I definitely agree with the gieger counter one, especially if its entered the atmosphere from space.

I don't see to many people having these lying around though.

Angel hair? I have not heard of this, is it slang or is it referring to actual biblical angels?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
I definitely agree with the gieger counter one, especially if its entered the atmosphere from space.

I don't see to many people having these lying around though.

Angel hair? I have not heard of this, is it slang or is it referring to actual biblical angels?

Angel hair looks like spider webs and people sometimes find this on the ground after a UFO sighting. It seems to sublimate very quickly. Usually people fool around with it and then they have no evidence. In at least one case a woman preserved it by putting it in a bottle in the freezer. She gave it to a university and they fooled around with it until it was gone. Apparently nobody has studied its chemical composition.

Some skeptics think angel hair is just misidentification of spider webs, but I don't think spider webs sublimate. Maybe they do. I just know if I ever find something that I think might be angel hair I'm going to do my best to make sure someone looks at it seriously.

Also it seems like many people give their physical evidence to skeptical scientists who don't treat it with the respect that it deserves. Then the evidence is lost or destroyed without anything being learned.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

(This would also be wise before approaching a UFO, because some people have died from radiation-like effects.)

Really?

I would like to see where it is documented that someone died from radiation-like effects due to contact with an alien's transport.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Excellent suggestions.
MUFON is great with data collection, storage, and supposition of data.

Problems I have with MUFON: Data Collection seems about the only thing MUFON is proficient at. Well over 50 years of data have been collected, and 50 years from now there will be an additional 50 years of data stacked up in their records.

Chasing craft sightings is of little to no value in consideration of 50 years of data of craft sighting already accumulated.

Researchers and 'ufologists' are spending tons of cash on petrol alone to investigate these sightings, let alone the cost in man-hours, and other expendables, as well as typing up equipment that could be of much more active, proactive benefit and use elsewhere.

Elsewhere?
Yes. Pick an abductee/experiencer/contactee that vets for high probability of repeat consistent physical interactions. Get them to sign a participatory research agreement with lots of fine print that covers all the legal angles, then, stalk them, video them, and keep them under a constant 24 hour corral of video monitoring.
Dump every bit on MUFON funding into setting up a controlled access facility where volunteer abductees can go into full time lockdown and monitoring, especially those claiming or suspected of being impregnated with alien hybrid fetus.

High probability target volunteer demographic would mostly involve young fertile women since these also seem to be high frequency targets for the abduction phenomenon.

A controlled access facility with EM hardened monitoring equipment, and a complex of cameras capable of low light, IR, and UV aimed at every inch of the place inside and out, as well as the sky would give sufficient coverage to work out methodologies for countering the abduction phenomenon.

If there is an advanced technology at work, every technology regardless its sophistication will have its limitations. Setting up a camera trap with all considerations for EM shielding, Uninterruptable Power Supplies, back up power, Multispectrum video, and even consideration for mind control/reading, could effectively bring about a better understanding of what this something is that is going on, whether it's real physical abduction by aliens, or psychological.

Too much money is spent chasing sightings of craft. Take all that cash and dump it into facilities as described, using abductees as bait, because, if aliens are going to be anywhere, they're going to be hovering around trying to pick up their favorite victims.
It's just a matter of waiting then.

Further, for the safety and concern of the abductees involved, all volunteers should wear something similar to a parole ankle bracelet that's a GPS tracker, so, if for any reason they are successfully abducted from any facility designed to watch and record, they can be tracked.
If for any reason they are abducted several times, and the GPS data indicates a predictable pattern or location destination they are taken to after an abduction event, then investigators have something else to investigate; a place, a WHERE, possibly a facility of any kind that abductees are spirited away to.

Mr. Dan Akroyd has some bank, and then there's all the member dues that could witheld from financing and filling the pockets of speakers and story tellers that seem to make the circuit around each region, and instead be put into use working proactively to finance some real controlled research.

Thus. That's that.

Kudos on the suggestions regarding what one should do for proper documentation. It's good information. Still, chasing craft, unless it's downed, crashed, or disabled craft is just a waste of time and money that can be better used for proactive attempts toward understanding this phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by craziedaze

(This would also be wise before approaching a UFO, because some people have died from radiation-like effects.)

Really?

I would like to see where it is documented that someone died from radiation-like effects due to contact with an alien's transport.

Here, watch this.
Betty died in 1998, presumably, from Cancer by radiation.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks for the video. There is also this from the book that I've been slowly working through. So I know I would be hesitant to approach a flying saucer without a geiger counter. Of course there seem to be many other cases where people approach UFOs without any harm to them.

The APRO Bulletin of July-August 1969 reported that near Bogota, Columbia, on the July 4, 1969, a farm family witnessed a UFO shaped like an egg standing on end (ellipsoidal).
Mr. Arcesio Bermudez, who was the only one unafraid, took the flashlight from Mauricio and ran after the UFO. He later said that he approached to within about 20 feet of the UFO, which was landed on its two legs.
Within two days Arcesio Bermudez was taken very ill. His temperature dropped to 95 degrees F. Within a few days he had black vomits (from prior internal bleedings), and diarrhea with blood flow. He died in Bogota on July 12, at 11:45 P.M., just 8 days after his prolonged close encounter with the UFO.
The Columbia Institute of Nuclear Affairs said that Bermudez's illness was characterized by symptoms similar to those caused by a lethal dose of gamma rays.

Paul R. Hill, "Unconventional Flying Objects" p 72, Hampton Roads Publishing 1995.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

That seems like a good approach to use the abductees as bait. It seems to me that the aliens might avoid the people who are being monitored unless it can be done in a way that isn't obvious to them. But who knows, maybe the aliens don't care what we learn about them because they're so confident of themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by craziedaze

Really?

Falcon Lake Incident

Google that lots of documentation

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I think the initial focus should be to confirm that abductions are really happening. How about more of a do-it-yourself approach that doesn't interfere with the potential abductee's normal life?

Imagine a comfortable device that records only - no transmitter. The information it records could be GPS location, skin temperature, heart rate, etc. The potential abductee could download the data into their computer every morning to see if they were abducted during the night. If the aliens removed the device during the abduction then the skin temperature and heart rate data would detect this. If the device remained on the potential abductee's body all night then the GPS data would show where the aliens took the person.

I don't think anybody should object to privately monitoring themselves if they believe aliens are abducting them.

Surveillance cameras inside the bedroom would be an even simpler technique that requires no custom technology. Hardening the equipment against interference isn't as important as simply having some cheap surveillance cameras and running them during the night. If the equipment stops recording information then that in itself becomes evidence of abduction. Of course this only helps if the abduction happens inside the home, but it would be a start.

new topics

top topics

join