Don't You Religious Nuts Have Better Things To Do?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You have rejected God because you cannot understand the concept. Instead you have accepted that we have the ability to have this conversation for no particular reason. And the outcome of this conversation is as meaningless as the outcome of any particular situation.

I rejected "God" because it's a fairy tale. Also, I am not fond of my clear, concise, and non-ambiguous statements being warped or interpreted into something else. When I say that I think it's all a bunch of fictional nonsense...don't come back and tell me that "what I'm really rejecting is the institution of religion" or whatever.

Because you have eliminated God from the equation you have eliminated in your mind the need to find wisdom apart from what can be proven to you by men. To make sure I do not assume anything you say that some things don't enter into a decent human beings mind, but why then do they enter anyone's mind?

I don't know. Maybe it's been the thousands and thousand of years of dogma, rhetoric, and brainwashing which has slowly but surely convinced a whole lot of people that they are inherently "bad" by nature and any honorable and decent life should be attributed to "God's" influence upon them. If you tell a small child that their default nature is "bad" long enough...sooner or later they will start to believe it.

You believe that by man's own superior wisdom that we have concluded that we should treat others how they wish to be treated, but yet you don't do what you say that you have concluded to be the truth. In no way have I attacked your intelligence, nor have a sworn at you, nor have I said anything derogatory about your mental health. But you have done all of these things. So by your own admission you must want me to treat you in these ways because it is your knowledge that you should treat others as you want to be treated.

Really? What could possibly be more insulting to my intelligence than your first sentence "You have rejected God because you cannot understand the concept."? What could possibly be a more derogatory statement about my mental health than your repeated reiterations that I somehow don't mean what I say and somehow am just "misunderstanding" my divine imaginary friend? For the record...I really could care less if anyone swears at me or calls me names. Many of my best friends do so. However, only a real jackass tries to tell me keeps refusing to accept the idea that I'm an Atheist because I am fully informed about everything the Bible says as well as all the various new age-y ideas about "god" and christianity being spouted by the 'personal relationship with jesus/god crowd".

My IQ is 147. Trust me, I fully understand what you are trying to tell me...and I think it's one of the most ridiculous set of notions I've ever heard in my life.

With this understanding it is possible to understand why we do the things that we know we should not do. If we accept the instruction is from a loving God who wants us to see him as a father, rather than from our own wisdom, than we might do the things that we know we should do. Not because we fear God but instead because we know God loves us and only wants us to follow the path that leads to him.

There you go again with this "we" crap. "We" don't do things that "we" know we should not do. Aside from the basic lessons of childhood which pretty much everybody goes through...I haven't ever had any problems in this department. I credit my strong moral character to secular humanism and a flat-out denial, rejection, and refusal to be a "believer". Being godless has made me a better, healthier, happier, and far more wise individual than any of my brainwashed and enslaved "believing" friends. I'm glad you think "god" loves you. I fully support The Bill of Rights, thus I have no problem with you shouting it from up on high if you want to. More power to you. Just leave me out of it. HINT: Don't try to tell me that my strong moral character is really "god's" own sunbeams peaking through or whatever. That would insult my intelligence, be derogatory to my mental health, and be far more insulting than simply calling me a motherf(*&r.

If you wouldn't appreciate a Satan worshipper trying to softly "include" you in all things Satanic by repeated insinuations that "you just don't understand"...then please don't try to tell me how I'm just confused or whatever. There is no difference to me between worshipping "satan" or "god" to me, except that "god" is responsible for a whole lot more death, torture, and misery in the course of human history.

continued...
edit on 21-3-2012 by milominderbinder because: gramatical error

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Again you prove that you know only what you see. You see me as a Christian so you assume that regardless of what I say I must believe bad things about you because of what you believe and what you have said to me. If you did not believe this than there would be no reason to attack my belief. I am not attacking your belief only reasoning with you. You do not have to accept my reasoning but at the same time I find no reason that you should be attacking me.

Nope. Sorry...I could really care less what you think about me. Just don't take my words and tell me I really mean something else. While you are at it...then stop with all the "god loves you" crap. I don't want "god's love". I just want the religious folks to get used to the idea that freedom from religion is just as important as freedomof religion.

But what you believe about me is not true. In fact the opposite response is what is required by the Holy Spirit. If I claim to have the Holy Spirit in me but fail to act any differently than anyone else than what good is that claim? But you see I am filled with the Holy Spirit and this is proof of God. This may not be proof to you but it is proof to me.

What I think about you is that you seem to have a very, very, difficult time understanding how to justify a position on an issue in an academically sound manner.

If I were to tell you God loves you and forgives you but then tell you, you are going to hell for not believing me, how could love and forgiveness be valid? Most Christians can't see that through their message they have restricted God's love to only those that believe he loves them. It is because that I believe it is the instruction from God that I treat you the way that I wish to be treated I learn not to react to your attack. It is because I have accepted God as my teacher that I can see the flaws, contradictions, and hypocrisy of Christianity. But these concepts are not found in the bible but only in man's flawed interpretation of the bible.

Yippee for you. Now stop telling me how much "god loves me"...it's insulting, degrading, and dehumanizing.

I was not homeschooled, nor was I indoctrinated into Christianity at a young age. I simply believed God and he proved to me that he is real. This is the promise he makes to all, unfortunately not many are truly seeking approval from God but rather approval from men. This statement was directed more at Christians who might read this post, as you clearly stated that you are not seeking his approval, and I respect your opinion.

If you "respected my opinion"...you wouldn't have typed the next sentence.

Now that I have at least proven that I believe that God loves you by showing you kindness I have done all that I can. I do not seek your approval but only wish that you may experience a life filled with Joy free from the fears of this world.

"proven that god loves me", huh? Please explain how this constitutes "proof" in any logical or academic sense? It's based upon your own subjective opinion. You haven't showed me "kindness"...you've showed me willful ignorance.

The only "fears" I have of this world are mobs of people who believe in "god" and the problems they cause.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I love when the loonies tries to condemn me for being a heathen, 2000 years of killing non believers and you bastards can't let a man live how he wants to live? I used to be hardcore anti christian, but it was a woman who changed me, that woman is my girlfriend. she killed the roaring fire in my soul that was my hate, I simply could not live like that anymore. She is happy I'm a Heathen, She understands what I been going through. Now as for the yuppy who keep shoving a book my my throat is going to get hurt, it's like poking a lion with a stick.

Live and let live people, grow up.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Surtur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

If stating my opinion that you do not understand God offended you let me apologize. For God is plain to me and it has always been difficult to understand those who believe that we are simply because we are.

If you look at what I said more closely I did not say that I proved God loved you. I only said that I have proved that I believe God loves you. The only thing anyone can do is prove their faith through their words and actions. This is where I think most Christians stumble. I find it difficult to understand how Christians can justify the Sunday school song Jesus loves me but condemn a beautiful man like Gandhi to hell. I imagine if Gandhi is in hell we will all be joining him there.

The song Jesus loves me is true, but he loves all not just those who believe the bible. It is much more important what you do than what you say you believe. Since we all know the truth about morality, which you say comes from human understanding and I say comes from God, we can both agree that it is a man's actions not his words that define him.

So like I said I let my words and actions define my faith. By my words you should know that I believe that God loves you and teaches all wisdom.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

You look at a car a know that it had to be created. You look at a living organism that is 1000 fold more complex than a car but assume it came by chance. I believe that the complexity of even simple life and the mathematical perfection of the universe proves their must be a creator. This is not willful ignorance but a belief that most people share, that comes from sound reasoning.

We don't need faith to know that cars were created. There are real documents leading to real purchasers and real sellers; sellers with information that will leads us to real factories.

As for the complexities of even simple life, there is no doubt an awesome event took place to create the first living cell. Whether that awesome power came from nature, aliens, or even a god, this in no way offers proof of the biblical god that people put their faith in. There's no religion today with ancient writings that make sense, that aren't contradictory from verse to verse and chapter to chapter.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

You look at a car a know that it had to be created. You look at a living organism that is 1000 fold more complex than a car but assume it came by chance. I believe that the complexity of even simple life and the mathematical perfection of the universe proves their must be a creator. This is not willful ignorance but a belief that most people share, that comes from sound reasoning.

We don't need faith to know that cars were created. There are real documents leading to real purchasers and real sellers; sellers with information that will leads us to real factories.

As for the complexities of even simple life, there is no doubt an awesome event took place to create the first living cell. Whether that awesome power came from nature, aliens, or even a god, this in no way offers proof of the biblical god that people put their faith in. There's no religion today with ancient writings that make sense, that aren't contradictory from verse to verse and chapter to chapter.

I know that you believe this and left to the modern churches interpretaion of the bible there would appear to be much contradiction. In no way do I imagine that you or anyone coud be persuded in a forum like this. With that being acknowledged the bible does not contradict itself it is man who has searched so intently for the truth that has misinterpreted scritpture to the point that their interpretaion no longer makes since. The modern church has turned the bible into a law book completely disreguading the truth that is found in the message of Chrsit.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I know that you believe this and left to the modern churches interpretaion of the bible there would appear to be much contradiction. In no way do I imagine that you or anyone coud be persuded in a forum like this. With that being acknowledged the bible does not contradict itself it is man who has searched so intently for the truth that has misinterpreted scritpture to the point that their interpretaion no longer makes since. The modern church has turned the bible into a law book completely disreguading the truth that is found in the message of Chrsit.

You make a good point, but first, let me give you just one irrefutable contradiction in the bible: God gave us the ten commandments, one of which is thou shalt not kill.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I find it difficult to understand how Christians can justify the Sunday school song Jesus loves me but condemn a beautiful man like Gandhi to hell. I imagine if Gandhi is in hell we will all be joining him there.

Why would you find only this one piece of irrationality hard to believe? Correct me if I'm wrong...but you find it difficult to believe that Vlad The Impaler is living the good life in Heaven because he was a christian and Gandhi is burning in hell because it simply makes no sense whatsoever, right?

If that's the case...then how can you possibly be a "believer" in the Bible? It's strewn with equal and similar contradictions from start to finish. Adam & Eve were the first two people....and then they mated with the children of the earth upon leaving Eden? Who were these other people? Or did they mate with apes and does God support beastiality? My personal favorites are the whole violent god vs. merciful god.

Violent & Angry God:
"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (JER 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor. (Ex. 32:27.)
Be ye angry and sin not. (Eph. 4:26.)

Hippy God:
ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (JAS 5:11)
"For his mercy endureth forever." (1CH 16:34)
"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (PSA 145:9)
"God is love." (1JO 4:16)
The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. (PSA 145:9)
He [Amaziah] slew of Edom, in the valley of Salt, ten thousand . . . And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord. (2 Kings 14:7, 3.)
Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite, for he is thy brother. (Deut. 23:7.)
Thou shalt not kill. (Ex. 20:13.)
Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry; for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. (Eccl. 7:9.)
Make no friendship with an angry man. (Prov. 22:24.)
The wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. (James 1:20.)

How is it possible to have a "problem" with christians saying that Gandhi goes to hell because it's illogical and contradictory to the teachings of the bible...but yet still be a "believer" in the bible with all of these other contradictions??

It's irrational. It makes no sense. It might be logical to believe in a "god", but reject the bible as being the "word of god" and instead a merely a collection of myths just as you seem to reject organized religion as a whole.

You are seem to be opposed to "organized religion" because of the endemic hypocrisy of the institution...yet seem completely unaware that the REASON they are so hypocritical is because the very book which they have developed their beliefs off of appears to be written by a bi-polar schizophrenic. It's all over the place...hence, organized religion follows suit.

The song Jesus loves me is true, but he loves all not just those who believe the bible. It is much more important what you do than what you say you believe. Since we all know the truth about morality, which you say comes from human understanding and I say comes from God, we can both agree that it is a man's actions not his words that define him.

Agreed. Actions...not words.

So like I said I let my words and actions define my faith. By my words you should know that I believe that God loves you and teaches all wisdom.

Cool. I have no problem with you believing anything you wish. Just so long as I don't become a de facto supporter of those beliefs via the use of non-specific pronouns...especially when referencing my words.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Exactly. The single greatest piece of evidence for the logic of Atheism is the bible itself.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

My friend, being an atheist down south is, well in my on personal opinion is a "HOOT" I love it. Now being the youngest of six brothers & sister. And the fact one has a church and does all the "works for the Lord" , It makes the holidays a very special time indeed!!

No one wants to invite me & mine to dinner, so I just go ahead and invite em all to my house. Then sit back and see who has the most plausable story as to why they want be able to attend. I just love to make em sqirm around.

I have a sign at my front door. It lays out the ground rules for my castle. " Once you breech this door, Two subjects that will be spoke of no more. Religion & Politics. Or you will be asked to leave, and come no more"

My wife's ex-inlaws are the Pentacostal Holiness crap, the ones that stand and mumble and say it's God speaking thru them. I am told one speaks while another interprets what that one is saying. Good way to "run" that congregation.

It's a sham of epic proportions and will never cease to be amazed that people who are really ,really bright can be so blinded by a fairey tale. I have a small sticker on the drivers side rear window of my truck. It shows the Virgin Mary with a finger up to her lips in the "be quiet" motion. The caption reads, " Abstinence 99.99% effective"

I have on more than one occasion had to defend my right to display my sticker. I told one couple that if you rip that damn, " My boss is a Jewish carpenter" ship off yours, I;ll gladly take mine off too. I still have mine.

Hehehehehehehe.

If you want a really good laugh some time...dig deep into the Apocryphal (deleted) texts from the Bible. I mentioned the "Jesus Christ Dragon Master Extraordinaire" passage earlier...but there as soooo many more good ones. Especially in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas. Such as:

1. Five year-old Jesus killing his playmate for splashing him with water via somehow sucking the life-energy from him. "O evil, ungodly, and foolish one, what hurt did the pools and the waters do thee? Behold, now also thou shalt be withered like a tree, and shalt not bear leaves, neither root, nor fruit." And straightway that lad withered up wholly.
-- Infancy Gospel of Thomas 3:2-3

2. Later that same day, Christ just up off's another kid because he bumped into him in the street.
"Jesus was provoked and said unto him “Thou shalt not finish thy course.” And immediately he fell down and died."
—Infancy Gospel of Thomas, chapter 4, verse 1

3. Jesus Christ...Dragon Master and Detonator of Lesser Reptiles. Presumably, the Son of God would have also enjoyed burning ants with a magnifying glass too. Nothing like wanton destruction and torture of animals for simply doing what is in their nature to do.
"Then the Lord Jesus calling the serpent, it presently came forth and submitted to him; to whom he said, “Go and suck out all the poison which thou hast infused into that boy”; so the serpent crept to the boy, and took away all its poison again. Then the Lord Jesus cursed the serpent so that it immediately burst asunder, and died."
—First Gospel of Infancy, chapter 18, verses 13-16

4. Jesus blinds tattle-tales. Silly bitches.
Jesus said, “I know that these thy words are not thine: nevertheless for thy sake I will hold my peace: but they shall bear their punishment.” And straightway they that accused him were smitten with blindness.
—Infancy Gospel of Thomas, chapter 5, verse 1

5. Jesus Christ, five-year old super-prick:
When the Jews heard the child say this, however, it made them angry, even though they were not able to reply to his speech. Then, the child came forward and leaping toward them, he said, "I taunted you! For I know that you are amazed by little things and have minuscule minds."
—Infancy Gospel of Thomas, chapter 6, verse 11

6. Young J.C. is a stone-cold sociopath and Dad grounds him for the safety of the neighborhood.
Then, Jesus turned back to Joseph's house, but Joseph was distressed. He instructed the boy's mother, "Do not let him out the door because the people who anger him will die."
—Infancy Gospel of Thomas, chapter 14, verse 5

...and many, many more.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Should of called this thread 'religious nuts please demonstrate why people think your religius nuts'.
Doesn't realy bother me, I am just trying to understand people's beliefs, but the only response I can see is paragraph after paragraph of blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... It's like listening to politicians.

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant