It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't You Religious Nuts Have Better Things To Do?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by jude11

I have only read a small part of your opening post.
My answer to all non-believers is this...KJV Luke 10:10-12
I will now wipe the dust off of my feet.

ATS, The Book of Minderbinder 03:19

"Woe unto he who thinketh thou wise for looking for Divine Guidance
from 3000 year old writings of people who did not understand the science of rainfall.
Cursed are those who cannot think for themselves and think objectively
about the world around them from observable results.
For, as such, they will lead to humanity's downfall!
So let it be written, so let it be done!"

...see? It's not hard. Anybody can do it. Write on a piece of parchment and tell every single person for the next two thousand years that "minderbinder" was a physical manifestation of God and torture those to death that disagree...presto. You have a "religion".

Does this nuttery ever end?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Non-believers walk by sight,believers walk by faith.
Believers warn the non-believers of the troubles ahead.
As a voice in the wilderness...prepare ye the way of
the L-rd.
Behold, He comes riding on the clouds,shining like the sun
at the shofar call.

Perfect summary.

While you stumble blindly through "the wilderness" by "faith" I will be traveling with both eyes open and using a compass, thanks to my good buddy "science".

$5 bucks says I make it out of the woods and you don't.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I can see pretty well in the dark and...
I happen to have a gps

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Star and Flag for a great post on something I think all of us secular people are glad to hear.

Do I come banging on your door to tell you "My Story? Do I stand in the streets telling you that I don't believe? Do I invade websites to tell you "My Word"?
NO!

That is very well put. There are times I would like to go door to door and tell Christians my gospel, tell them about the Great Mother, and how they forget her all the time, but I don't. why? Because I respect people more than that.

So what the hell gives you the right to pollute sites like ATS with your personal "Insights", "Revelations", "Messages", "Gifts" etc?

They will all say "Freedom of Speech," and in effect, they do have a right. But! You would think that a newly joined Christian would look for threads and stop repeating everything, and also see what others are telling them, so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves too.
We no doubt have most of the Bible posted in here already.

It's time for all of you religious nutters to understand that we are at a crossroads in humanity where we have the "Believers" and "Non-Believers" and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Many of us don't care or even want to hear about lambs, sacrifices, virgins giving birth and millions of animal species on a boat. We don't care and don't need you to tell us we are going to burn in some imaginary fiery pit...because we don't believe and NOTHING you can do or say will change it.

Well, you see it, and I see it, and a lot of others see it, but Christians may never see anything out of their little boxes of faith they life in. The Entire World is waking up to the lies told by the Church, and the government, and they want a Reckoning. For all of the senseless deaths at the hands of Jesus Cult people through the years and even unto today in Africa.

We have ALL been indoctrinated with the fairy tales and bed time stories from birth. We get it! And we have also chosen to not go down your path.

No, we will not. In fact, we ran away from your path with vigor, because we do not drink blood, or eat flesh, or give our hearts and souls to a dead man. Some of us have actually read the OT, and know all about the God in there, and what he done. We also know that all of the Gods are ET Beings, not Gods at all. The closest thing we have is our own Earth, Gaia. She is sentient, and living, and she proves for all of our needs. No worship or money asked for, or needed.

You come on sites like ATS and spew your doctrine to make YOU feel better. That's it isn't it? YOU need to do something with your pathetic little cave of a life in order to make sense of it. And if that means going out to spread your "Word" so that you are doing your GOD's work, you feel worthwhile. It isn't working because all you are doing is pissing people off when you interrupt intelligent, researched and well thought out topics with your fairy tails.

I have come to believe it is either to make a sad soul feel better, or they are brainwashed into doing it. I also thing, what with all of the new on UFOs come, they are scared half to death that their Gods are really ETs.

In the last Month or so there has been an increase in Internet Preachers coming here and condemning us non-believers to your hell because we are not on your path. I see also that most of you are new members within a few Months, weeks and days of joining. Are you gathering your fellow trolls to flood the boards? Do you think this will work?

I don't come to your sites and spread my words so why do you come here to do so?

I found out a long time ago if you go to a Christian site and post anything against them, you get banned right away. Happened to me a few times. The thing is, they will probably still do it no matter what we say. And, again, they will get a history lesson, and a lot of flak. And then they will say we are in a war against them. Sad.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
God needs money. Lots of it. 10% of everything, in fact.

Personally, I think He's doing drugs...

Sorry, do you have proof of this? NO WHERE in the Bible does it say that you need to tithe in order to get to Heaven. Prove me wrong, so I can go find another belief, please.

All that you have to do to get to Heaven is believe in Jesus, it's that simple. No, seriously. It really is. He loves you so much he's literally GIVING you the freedom to go to Heaven. Just take it. It's not that hard, it's literally the easiest thing you can do. Just believe. No harm in that, right? Your wallet will stay fat AND you get to go to Heaven. Pretty cool, huh?

Remember the Thief on the Cross.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Sorry, do you have proof of this? NO WHERE in the Bible does it say that you need to tithe in order to get to Heaven. Prove me wrong, so I can go find another belief, please.

All that you have to do to get to Heaven is believe in Jesus, it's that simple. No, seriously. It really is. He loves you so much he's literally GIVING you the freedom to go to Heaven. Just take it. It's not that hard, it's literally the easiest thing you can do. Just believe. No harm in that, right? Your wallet will stay fat AND you get to go to Heaven. Pretty cool, huh?

So...Mahatma Gandhi is burning in the deepest recesses of hell somewhere and Vlad the Impaler got to go to heaven because he was a devout Christian and "believed" in the Good News?

This game sucks. I don't wanna play.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

By the way. You do know that the real King Richard the Lionheart from which you take your handle decapitated 2700 UNARMED men, women, and children when he took the city of Acre...despite promising their safety if they surrendered peacefully instead of forcing Richard to lay seige to the walls, right?

Gimme that ol' time religion...gimme that ol' time religion...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You and I seem at a constant eye to eye. Star for you, friend.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The reason i belive the threads have recently increased is because God has been telling His followers that the rapture is about to take place VERY SOON. He commands us to tell other people. His followers obey what He says. So that's possibly why the threads have increased.

Can you please go into more detail?
Do you mean god literally talks to you, or is it in your conscience?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Hey Raxoxane

I am 100% with you. You have to go with what you believe in and what you believe is right. What is right for you may not necessarily be right for anyone else. This is why there are so many religions. I see you are ALSO from South Africa

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'd rather believe there is a heaven than believe it all fades to black. So friggin sue me.

If you believe all that biblical stuff about there being a heaven, then you CANNOT deny the part of the bible where a war took place, whereby satan and his dominion were cast down and out of heaven. So, you can't believe that heaven is paradise if wars can take place up there! You can't accept one part of the bible and totally disregard another part. You either believe in all of the crap, or you don't believe at all. Which is it???

That is quite a presumptuous statement on your part.

What did I presume? It's right there in the bible.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Non-believers walk by sight,believers walk by faith.
Believers warn the non-believers of the troubles ahead.
As a voice in the wilderness...prepare ye the way of
the L-rd.
Behold, He comes riding on the clouds,shining like the sun
at the shofar call.

Perfect summary.

While you stumble blindly through "the wilderness" by "faith" I will be traveling with both eyes open and using a compass, thanks to my good buddy "science".

$5 bucks says I make it out of the woods and you don't.

Yeah, but the one still lost in the woods will find comfort in the fact that it is god's will. You , on the other hand, will be sipping margaritas and watching the superbowl on a hundred inch screen. Ummm, can I borrow that compass of yours?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'd rather believe there is a heaven than believe it all fades to black. So friggin sue me.

If you believe all that biblical stuff about there being a heaven, then you CANNOT deny the part of the bible where a war took place, whereby satan and his dominion were cast down and out of heaven. So, you can't believe that heaven is paradise if wars can take place up there! You can't accept one part of the bible and totally disregard another part. You either believe in all of the crap, or you don't believe at all. Which is it???

That is quite a presumptuous statement on your part.

What did I presume? It's right there in the bible.

hehehehehe.

It's only "presumptuous" when you point out the all-around incoherency that is part-and-parcel to Christian faith.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Both of your posts are what are called "Assumptions". You see, assuming things isn't really a logical thing to do. First off, I didn't get the name "Lionhearte" from Richard I. I got creative a long time ago and came up with this name - when I was around 10 or 11. I hadn't heard the name of Richard the Lionheart until a couple years later.

No one knows what is in a man's heart, except for God. Do you know that Mahatma Gandhi is "burning" in hell? Do you know if Vlad the Impaler is currently walking down the golden streets of Heaven?

No. You don't.

Mankind simply cannot fulfill the law. We already tried for 4,000 years and failed, which is why Jesus came and did it for us, so that those who believe in him are holy and blameless.

Gandhi only had to sin one time to have broken the entire law. YOU only had to have told a single lie, to be guilty as Hitler. Myself, I was as guilty as Stalin - until I came to Christ.

The penalty of sin is death. But hey, there's some good news. God sent his only begotten Son to fulfill the Law so that you, me, and all of the people who have ever lived would be saved.. just by believing. Cool, huh? You don't even have to tithe 50% of your paycheck. Keep your wallet fat, if you want. God doesn't want/need money.. he wants you, like a father who misses his son and wants him to come back home.

But hey, the REAL beauty of it is - God's loving, and fair. He WILL give you the desires of your heart, even if you don't believe in Him! Truly. If you want absolutely nothing to do with God, there's a place called the Abyss, which is the ABSOLUTE absence of God, where you can go after you die. You'd never have to deal with God again, nor hear his name spoken ever again. It might hurt a bit, though.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

The penalty of sin is death.
God sent his only begotten Son to fulfill the Law so that you, me, and all of the people who have ever lived would be saved.. just by believing.
God's loving, and fair. He WILL give you the desires of your heart, even if you don't believe in Him! Truly. If you want absolutely nothing to do with God, there's a place called the Abyss, which is the ABSOLUTE absence of God, where you can go after you die. You'd never have to deal with God again, nor hear his name spoken ever again.

Reading over your words, are not these word themselves nothing but Assumptions? The only thing you have to go on is a book of questionable authorship. Basically everything concerning Christianity is Assumption, and a Leap of Faith. Nothing real, or tangible there, no evidence or proof available.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

God sent his only begotten Son to fulfill the Law so that you, me, and all of the people who have ever lived would be saved.. just by believing.
God's loving, and fair. He WILL give you the desires of your heart, even if you don't believe in Him! Truly. If you want absolutely nothing to do with God, there's a place called the Abyss, which is the ABSOLUTE absence of God, where you can go after you die. You'd never have to deal with God again, nor hear his name spoken ever again.

Reading over your words, are not these word themselves nothing but Assumptions? The only thing you have to go on is a book of questionable authorship. Basically everything concerning Christianity is Assumption, and a Leap of Faith. Nothing real, or tangible there, no evidence or proof available.

Is it an assumption? No. Rather, it's an assertion.

Besides, there's plenty of evidence, for those who actually care to look. Albeit most of it is not tangible, but that is only because we (humans) base our facts off the scientific method - using our sensory perception to study our universe. That's not to say it's completely undetectable, but there are several ways to prove something exists without actually being able to "touch" it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
First off - if anyone's knocking on your door you can safely assume they're Mormons...take that as you will but your average Christian isn't going door to door testifying & trying to convert people...

Second - the most vehement religious threads I see all seem to come from atheists - complaining about someone shoving their beliefs down your throat and then proceeding to do exactly the same thing makes you just as guilty as the people you're complaining about. To use an old cliche: 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Third - I've been noticing that atheists have made a lot of headway the last 10 years - seriously...it's becoming just as widely accepted as religious beliefs are. In fact, I'd argue that you actually have the support of many of the people in the entertainment industry and media. The problem with that is that you're starting to get to the point of overplaying your hand - especially when you're spending so much energy ripping into other peoples belief systems...Better back it down a few notches or backlash will start hurting your cause - human nature being what it is

Plus...nobody likes a whiner...nobody
edit on 18-3-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

Seriously?

"...starting to get to the point of overplaying your hand"??

EVERY SINGLE DAY someone on the news, in the media, or running their mouth on the street corner is WHINING[/B] about how they have the "freedom of religion".

Fine. Great. More power to them.

What about those of us who have to put up with [B]ALL 38,000 DENOMINATIONS OF CHRISTIANS, HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF JEWS, 55 DIFFERENT "MAJOR" SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT IN ISLAM, AND WHO-THE-HELL-KNOWS HOW MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF HINDU'S AND BUDDHISTS[/B]...and we are the one's "overplaying our hand?

What about all of us who want FREEDOM FROM RELIGION??

Christians quite frequently try to get the 10 commandments installed in taxpayer-funded court houses. When the last time you saw an atheist try to force a privately-funded Church to erect a statue of Charles Darwin?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Both of your posts are what are called "Assumptions". You see, assuming things isn't really a logical thing to do. First off, I didn't get the name "Lionhearte" from Richard I. I got creative a long time ago and came up with this name - when I was around 10 or 11. I hadn't heard the name of Richard the Lionheart until a couple years later.

No one knows what is in a man's heart, except for God. Do you know that Mahatma Gandhi is "burning" in hell? Do you know if Vlad the Impaler is currently walking down the golden streets of Heaven?

No. You don't.

OK...first off. YOU stated that (and I quote):
"All that you have to do to get to Heaven is believe in Jesus, it's that simple. No, seriously. It really is. He loves you so much he's literally GIVING you the freedom to go to Heaven. Just take it. It's not that hard, it's literally the easiest thing you can do. Just believe. No harm in that, right? Your wallet will stay fat AND you get to go to Heaven. Pretty cool, huh?

Don't turn it around, buddy. I think that anyone who believes in such fairy tales is cognitively impaired...and if even if there actually was a magical place in the sky I think one's actions during one's lifetime might be a trifle more important than simply "belief". You're the guy who thinks you get a Golden Ticket to the Chocolate Factory if you just wish hard enough.

Gandhi only had to sin one time to have broken the entire law. YOU only had to have told a single lie, to be guilty as Hitler. Myself, I was as guilty as Stalin - until I came to Christ.

I think your still "guilty"... so does Christ. He told me so the other day when we were rolling a fatty.

But hey, the REAL beauty of it is - God's loving, and fair. He WILL give you the desires of your heart, even if you don't believe in Him! Truly. If you want absolutely nothing to do with God, there's a place called the Abyss, which is the ABSOLUTE absence of God, where you can go after you die. You'd never have to deal with God again, nor hear his name spoken ever again. It might hurt a bit, though.

Who says I have all of these "unfulfilled desires"? I'm doing just fine. In fact...the thing I REALLY wish for is to live in an absolutely Godless world devoid of any religious faith whatsoever. How does that paradox work? If I "believe"...then my wish can't come true.

Also...God is "loving and fair", huh? But if I don't agree to believe in the unprovable...then he going to send me to a place called "The Abyss"? Is it really fair for Gandhi to be tortured by demons for all eternity while Vlad the Impaler gets to ride unicorns with harp-playing angels? I mean...Gandhi was WAY nicer than Vlad. Vlad used to make mothers watch him roast their children alive on a spit and then force those mothers to actually eat their own children for fear of the same fate befalling any children not yet roasted. All in the name of "Jesus", I might add.

If what you are saying is actually true...then "God" would really be an incredible douchebag and I want nothing to do him. Sign me up for an express ticket to "The Abyss", or whatever.

I actually thought that movie was pretty badass the first time around.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Is it an assumption? No. Rather, it's an assertion.

Besides, there's plenty of evidence, for those who actually care to look. Albeit most of it is not tangible, but that is only because we (humans) base our facts off the scientific method - using our sensory perception to study our universe. That's not to say it's completely undetectable, but there are several ways to prove something exists without actually being able to "touch" it.

hehehehe

Dude...do you hear how incoherent you are?? Please buy a dictionary as as soon as possible. It's an emergency.

as·sump·tion   [uh-suhmp-shuhn] Show IPA
— n
1. something taken for granted; a supposition: a correct assumption. Synonyms: presupposition; hypothesis, conjecture, guess, postulate, theory.

assertion (əˈsɜːʃən)
— n
1. a positive statement, usually made without an attempt at furnishing evidence.

I REST MY CASE.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Faith is what you believe is true is true. No matter what that truth is.

What you call the human conscious that guides you to do what is right and moral I call the Spirit of Christ. Either way we are both compelled to listen to it and we are both judged by it. Being judged by this consciousness, the Holy Spirit, is real and in most cases immediate. If you choose the action that is moral and right you will feel joy and peace. If you do what is wrong you will feel remorse, which is understood by anger, depression and sorrow.

It is the one who has ignored this consciousness, the Holy Spirit, that is in danger of God's anger. It is possible for us to justify our actions against our consciousness. The thief can justify his theft, the murderer his murder, the adulterer his adultery. For the man who justifies his inequity is lost because he refuses to face judgment and repent. All men face judgment, it is inescapable. Because we all acknowledge that we have a conscious, the Holy Spirit, that is guiding us we can all be held accountable for our transgressions. We prove by this acknowledgement that we are aware of the narrow path leading to life.

The difference between people who understand the message in the bible, and believe in it and those who reject or don't understand the message is this, freedom. Understand that I believe that most people who call themselves Christians have very little understanding of the bible and the message of Christ.

The reason to believe what I say. Faith is what you believe is true is true.

Because you believe that it is your own consciousness that leads you to do what is right this is what is true for you. This is your faith. Because your faith lies in yourself you are left to your own wisdom. By this I mean what you see is what you know.

A married man sees a beautiful woman and he looks at her physical beauty, because you know what you see. This look, innocent as it may seem is the path to adultery. Do we all continue down the path, no, but way too many do. And if we are honest many of us don't go down the path, because the beautiful woman never looks back.

A married man filled by the spirit sees a beautiful and instead of admiring her physical beauty he looks away out of respect for his wife and her husband. This man will not go down the path of adultery because the Holy Spirit has interceded. For the man who is following his own consciousness has not recognized that it is God who is trying to lead him away from his sin so he only has what he knows to rely on.

If you believe that the Holy Spirit lives in you and is your consciousness than you will accept instruction from God, because you have believed that the instruction comes not from your wisdom but from the wisdom of one greater than you. The part that makes this news even greater is that it is the very Spirit of Christ who was tested in every way we are but overcame sin. Because he faced our tests and overcame we can be sure that his wisdom is sound.

Many people misquote the bible, when they condemn non believers. And for the most part the act of condemnation itself proves that they do not understand the bible because they do not follow what Christ taught. Do not judge others, which in their condemnation of others they are clearly doing. What Christ is saying is if you don't believe the spirit of God lives in you and teaches you all things than you have already condemned yourself. Not necessarily to hell, but to live with only the limited knowledge that you have. Because you have believed only in yourself you are far more likely to do the things that cause anger, fear, and depression.

For the wisdom of man is look but don't touch, but the wisdom of God is don't look don't touch. If you fail to learn the simple lesson of don't look don't touch, because you have not accepted that the instruction comes from God how can you possibly learn concepts that are more complex? The one who accepts that all instruction is from the Spirit of Christ can learn how to overcome sin, thus becoming free from sin. For the one who does not accept this will never be able to become free, because they have not accepted the instruction.

The choice is yours continue to believe in yourself or believe that the Spirit of Christ dwells in you. Whatever you believe is your faith and is your truth.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join