Don't You Religious Nuts Have Better Things To Do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i think the problem is christianity, i never hear about buddhists trying to convert me. lol

Add all three of Abraham's finest (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) to that and you're spot on.
I'm positive that 80%(+) of the world's problems would go away if The Lawd just came down and
raptured all of the followers of these faiths away. They do nothing but wage war, condemn,
murder, stunt human growth, and force their ideals down the throats of people trying to live
their day-to-days, and/or find a private spirituality of their own.

reply to post by jude11

Not much more can be said, except S&F

edit on 18-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Don't You Religious Nuts Have Better Things To Do?

Actually, NO. To a great extent, this is what they have been commissioned to do by Jesus himself.

Matthew 28:16-20

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.
17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

This is called the "The Great Commission". There are many "scriptures" related to this, but this is the kernel.

...from the Christian perspective, anyone who isn't 'born-anew' appears as a victim stuck in a burning house, and they are simply trying to save your life...

What Lionhearte said is true. Witnessing to the "lost" is a VERY important facet of christianity. Important enough that it's required. From their perspective, if you are good enough for Jesus to die for, then you're good enough for them to risk your wrath telling you about it. Most are genuinely concerned for you. But there are always zealots who don't know when to walk away and leave it alone.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
reply to post by jude11

Years ago I was one of those religious nutters. I think most of them are young, not just on this site, but on the planet if you catch my meaning. Many are spurred on by the furvor of youth, and something they have found that "works" for them. They have yet to mature, and realize that one size does not fit all. Ridicule actually strengthens their position in their own eyes. So that's a lame duck from the start. There is no "reasoning" with them. Only life has the appropriate sized 2x4 to beat some sense into their brains IF it ever happens.

I have been in the medical feild a little over a decade, and I can't count the number of prayers for miracles. I have yet to see the miracle. A lot of self justification, but no miracles.

That's not to say I don't believe in spirituality, and a deeper order to things, but I think it is far more complex than we are capable of grasping, and the major religions simply give veiled hints. There is no greater fool than the man who claims to have absolute truth.

lol, in response to your last question...Are you absolutely sure of that?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Actually, NO. To a great extent, this is what they have been commissioned to do by Jesus himself.

I prefer Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
ha! you made me smile friend!!!! i totally concure!!! and strangley enough it all christians throwing out bible quotes
to scare me i'm going to hell!!!!
now i study religion,and i'm no christion at all,but i can tell you i know more about thei 'faith' than they do!
so i do look at the 'my god is better than your god' threads and shake my head in disbelief.
i love it how they use a passage in the bible and twist it to what they want it to mean.
most of them know jack about that book!
i use to re post to them about the facts but it always falls on deaf ears.
the new king james bible is one of the most mistranslated book of all time! maybe these people should learn hebrew,or greek to read the book the way it was actually written!
its funny,you dont see any muslims shoving their beliefs down any body's throught on this site! jews,hindus,wiccans,pagens,or the miriad of other faiths! only christians.
damn im gonna start preachin on here about the greek gods and the sybils,and their prophecies!!!
Apollo is coming back! you better look busy!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

its funny,you dont see any muslims shoving their beliefs down any body's throught on this site!

I've seen Islamists posting about their faith here. But you just have to look at at the other sources of Media out there to see that.

And often they are slitting throats. How is that for motivation to switch faith?

But I do agree with the rest of your post.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The thing I don't understand is why people feel the need to "save" me.

What are you saving me from?

I'm really okay but if you keep it up you may wish somebody would "save" you.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i think the problem is christianity, i never hear about buddhists trying to convert me. lol

hehehehehehe. No doubt.

Ever notice that it's only three of the five major world religions that seem to be responsible for most of the atrocities and ALL THREE come out of the Middle East and think Jerusalem is "sacred" ground?

Must be something in the water. You can't blame the desert heat...the Navajo's and Apaches don't pull this Sh$%t.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by craziedaze
The thing I don't understand is why people feel the need to "save" me.

What are you saving me from?

I'm really okay but if you keep it up you may wish somebody would "save" you.

I was born OK the first time.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Originally posted by Klassified

I prefer Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

hehehehehe.

Say...aren't people who hear voices, have delusions of grandeur, and refuse to accept that which demonstrably true usually considered mentally ill?

Why is it that when someone thinks they have Jesus Christ on speed dial and they receive instructions from him for a "higher calling" that we don't lock these people up?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

You have no idea how good it was to read a post like that from a confessed "hardcore" christian. Thank you for assuring me there is a believer out there I can discuss things with. Star for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is awesome. Please keep responding to each other in this fashion. I want to see how tiny the writing can get.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

S&F for you! If i could give you 50 of each I would. The religious nut posts are why I don't frequent ATS as much as I used to. If I want to get knocked on for not believing such nonsense, I'll just stay at home!
Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i feel sorry for people like you..too close minded to see where religion actually does help some people and there is nothing in the Bible that teaches people to act malicious like you are... grow up buddy you have lots of learning to do.
also I would like to see specific examples of religious nuts asking you to get on your knees or whatever you said...haha

your a fool.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patchman
reply to post by jude11

i feel sorry for people like you..too close minded to see where religion actually does help some people and there is nothing in the Bible that teaches people to act malicious like you are... grow up buddy you have lots of learning to do.
also I would like to see specific examples of religious nuts asking you to get on your knees or whatever you said...haha

your a fool.

Looks like someone doesn't practice what they preach, which isn't really a shock at all.

And it's "you're."

You say there is nothing within the canon of the Bible that teaches people to act maliciously,
yet people condemn, preach hate, murder, and fleece the public, all in the "name of god."

Maybe you people should spend a little more time fixing your own flock, and leave the
rest of us content spiritual souls alone. Capice?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Damn dude, I don't know what to say except "Who pissed in your cornflakes?" I hope that you don't feel that way about me, because as far as I know you and I are totally cool.

I'm sorry that you feel intruded upon, but let me tell you something: We ALL feel a change coming, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Druids, New Agers, and Atheists alike. I can't speak for other religions, but Christians are only looking to save as many people as possible before it is too late. In order to do that, we have to witness about what we know to be true.

I would certainly never try to force my beliefs down anyone's throat, but I will defend them. Also, there is a religious forum for a reason. If you don't want to hear about the beliefs of other people, then maybe you shouldn't frequent it. Even in secular threads you will run across religious posts from time to time, which is to be expected. Even if you don't believe in God, most of the trouble in the world is caused by those who do, in His name, something I'm sure He's gonna be pissed about when He gets back.

There is no escaping it my friend. Atheists are a minority; most of the world's population believes in a Supreme Being in one form or another. Expecting the subject to be ignored is an exercise in futility.

Jesus loves you, and so do I.

Bobby

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Another thread making stupid generalizations.
Anyway, everyone has his own opinion but i will point out you have a large amount of fear in your mind.
If religion is a joke, then you should laugh at religious nuts but if you start bashing them then it proves my above point....
You will not accept it and i already know that....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If everyone, religious and non-religous alike, could just agree to disagree, then perhaps we could all just get along...world peace, anyone?
...nah, it'll never happen. I can dream tho...
peace

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oops, I just dp'd ATS...again

edit on 18-3-2012 by LobeDethFaurt because: DP
edit on 18-3-2012 by LobeDethFaurt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by jude11

Damn dude, I don't know what to say except "Who pissed in your cornflakes?" I hope that you don't feel that way about me, because as far as I know you and I are totally cool.

I'm sorry that you feel intruded upon, but let me tell you something: We ALL feel a change coming, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Druids, New Agers, and Atheists alike. I can't speak for other religions, but Christians are only looking to save as many people as possible before it is too late. In order to do that, we have to witness about what we know to be true.

I would certainly never try to force my beliefs down anyone's throat, but I will defend them. Also, there is a religious forum for a reason. If you don't want to hear about the beliefs of other people, then maybe you shouldn't frequent it. Even in secular threads you will run across religious posts from time to time, which is to be expected. Even if you don't believe in God, most of the trouble in the world is caused by those who do, in His name, something I'm sure He's gonna be pissed about when He gets back.

There is no escaping it my friend. Atheists are a minority; most of the world's population believes in a Supreme Being in one form or another. Expecting the subject to be ignored is an exercise in futility.

Jesus loves you, and so do I.

Bobby

OldCorp,

You and I have shared many conversations, opinions, viewpoints...some agreed upon, some not. And we still have that easy relationship of mutual respect and understanding with one another. At least that's how I see it.

And that's my point.

You never try to push an agenda or belief on me. You express your side, I express mine and we agree to disagree...but with respect. I don't try to convince you of my views on religion and you don't bash into threads with a force that leaves people angry at religion either. I am not angry at religion, just those that would elevate themselves above all others not sharing the same beliefs.

As in the OP, I have absolutely no problems with Christians. If they are happy, I am glad they can be. After all, not many can lay claim to being happy. My problem is with those that "Preach" Hell-Fire and Damnation to all who don't believe in their God.

From the OP:

I believe if there truly is a hell, many of you so-called Christians will end up there because you have absolutely no love for anyone else but yourselves and your kind. I would also like to say that if you can discuss your beliefs intelligently with patience, understanding and an insight into the fact that we are not all going to cross the field to your side because you say it's the only way...I'll welcome your input and won't damn you for your beliefs if you will kindly treat me equally.

There are Christians, Seekers of Faith, Live and let Live Folks (Me)...and there are Religious Nuts. These are what the OP is about.

Peace Old Corp...and I truly mean that.

edit on 18-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join