Don't You Religious Nuts Have Better Things To Do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Lionhearte

Matthew 10:14 - "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town."

Matthew would be a Christian I could share a cup of coffee and conversation with..

Thanks and Peace

Funny thing is Jesus said this, not Matthew. Matthew was quoting Jesus.

Your saying you'd sit down and have conversation over a cup of coffee with Jesus.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by jude11

Nobody has yet made the obvious point;

The "Religion, Faith and Theology" sub-forum of ATS off-topics EXISTS FOR THE PURPOSE OF discussing religion, faith, and theology.
Provided a thread is in the appropriate sub-forum- "Conspiracies in religion" when a conspiracy is involved, "Predictions and prophecies" when Biblical prophecies are involved, or "Religion, Faith and Theology" for other matters, you have no call and no right to complain that Christians are invading places where they don't belong.
It is not the case that "we" are invading "your" forum. We are taking part in the appropriate segments of a forum which is just as much ours as yours.

edit on 18-3-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

If you are saying that you have a right to state your beliefs, I agree. If you are saying that because there is a forum for your beliefs, I agree.

But...If that's the case, why is it necessary for many to troll threads and insert their beliefs and doctrine in the threads that don't agree with yours?

If a thread pops up on a science topic that Christians don't adhere to, it's like the locusts have landed all over it. But if your threads are conversing on your beliefs, I move on if it has nothing to do with me.

But that's it isn't it? EVERYTHING is fair game for Christians because their belief is that they are the only possible way of right.

Therein lies the difference.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by WatcherMan

I'm just putting the word out dude. Believe what you want. Just don't say people didn't try to tell you.

If this rapture happens and I'm not taken with this 144,000, after 2 decades of helping the disabled and retarded, mostly due to the NWO food and water toxicity agenda, then the last thing I'll be saying as the giant wave sweeps my house & life away is... "oh man, I was totally warned of this, but didn't repent for my sins of not helping the unfortunate for more than 2 decades...."

Lol... first, the bible doesn't say that only 144,000 people will be raptured. The 144,000 are the direct lineal descendants of Isreal that will be rescued from satan by God. They will be going in the rapture along with the other people on earth who are saved.

Second. You can do all the helping the poor ppl you want. Jesus loves that. But you also have to accept Jesus. That's the important part. even If you accepted Him and didn't help people, you'd probably still go to heaven. Even though I'm sure He prefers ppl to be helped than not helped.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatcherMan

Matthew 10:14 - "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town."

Matthew would be a Christian I could share a cup of coffee and conversation with..

Thanks and Peace

Your saying you'd sit down and have conversation over a cup of coffee with Jesus.

The REAL funny thing is that one of your own stated this as Matthew. I stated that it was a good line of common sense. I could care less who said or didn't say it.

Maybe you two should get your story straight before spreading your word because it certainly doesn't strengthen your position if two of the same can't even agree on who said what.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Thanks and Peace

The REAL funny thing is that one of your own stated this as Matthew. I stated that it was a good line of common sense. I could care less who said or didn't say it.

Maybe you two should get your story straight before spreading your word because it certainly doesn't strengthen your position if two of the same can't even agree on who said what.

"one of my own" didn't say Jesus said it. They said "the bible said" they didn't say Jesus said.

Exactly what they said:
"The Bible says this also, and clearly states never to force it upon people - in fact, it says if they want nothing to do with it, walk away." You can go check their post.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I take your point about the invasion of other threads, but you do realise it happens the other way round as well?
If somebody posts a thread from a Christian viewpoint, the first reply will probably be "Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Bible is all fiction", or something along those lines.
The current generation of atheists are getting as aggressively evangelistic as any Christian. (I used to be an atheist. I don't remember feeling like that).

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Thanks and Peace

"one of my own" didn't say Jesus said it. They said "the bible said" they didn't say Jesus said.

Exactly what they said:
"The Bible says this also, and clearly states never to force it upon people - in fact, it says if they want nothing to do with it, walk away." You can go check their post.

And now that you see how little it matters to me...

What should you be doing according to your scriptures?

link   

The current generation of atheists are getting as aggressively evangelistic as any Christian. (I used to be an atheist. I don't remember feeling like that).

Yup, Satan's working overtime. His time is short.

link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Besides, one of the MAIN reasons why they are so eager to get you to believe, is because it's as EASY as BELIEVING IN JESUS.

That's it. No tricks. Bible doesn't say to be baptized with "holy water" (no such thing), or to do 20 hail-marys, or to tithe 50% of your paycheck, or to go to Church EVERY DAY, or to do this, or to do that, or to DO ANYTHING.

Because it's not about what WE do, it's about what JESUS did. For further discussion on this, see the thread in my signature.

Anyways.. I'll stop before it seems like I'm trying to shove it down your throat - I'm not, I just want you to realize how easy it is to get to Heaven (remember the Thief on the Cross!), and why so many Christians are eager for you to hear the Good News.

You people never fail to amaze me. "Just believe that a superman called Jesus exists and et your free pass to heaven with unlimited supply of beer and whores.".

Second. You can do all the helping the poor ppl you want. Jesus loves that. But you also have to accept Jesus. That's the important part. even If you accepted Him and didn't help people, you'd probably still go to heaven. Even though I'm sure He prefers ppl to be helped than not helped.

Wow, just wow. So, heaven must be filled with ignorant people including child rapists, war mongers, etc who did nothing better in their life, never helped anyone but just believed in fairytale. Sure I don't want to goto land of ignorance after my death.

Your brainwashers did an excellent job. *applause*

edit on 18-3-2012 by morpheusxxz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Thanks and Peace

Exactly what they said:

Yea, no use talking to you. I will leave now.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

You can do all the helping the poor ppl you want. Jesus loves that. But you also have to accept Jesus. That's the important part. even If you accepted Him and didn't help people, you'd probably still go to heaven.

The fact that that post got stars, proves we're all doomed.

So Jesus is a vindictive ruler who demands acceptance and/or worship? That sounds exactly like Jesus, who would shop at Walmart like all the Christians do. If we don't "accept" him, this white, bearded guy from 2011 years ago, in dark skinned Israel, promises we will all burn in Hell for eternity otherwise? Really? That would suck.

So here goes...."I accept you Jesus, in my heart, my text words are true, and permanent in the CIA database.... so forgive all my past sins, and spare my ghost soul from being burned by 3rd dimensional fire for eternity!"

Amen-Ra

edit on 18-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

I take your point about the invasion of other threads, but you do realise it happens the other way round as well?
If somebody posts a thread from a Christian viewpoint, the first reply will probably be "Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Bible is all fiction", or something along those lines.

I absolutely agree and will not give room to the atheists doing the same. As said in the OP, I would rather live and let live. If a Christian wants to post a thread saying the same of the atheists, I would support it as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I don't know when relegius people are going to realise that religion is the oldest form of mind control there this. Don't they want to be free?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Thanks and Peace

Exactly what they said:

Yea, no use talking to you. I will leave now.

Talking is one thing. But you were trying to teach me as to who said what in the bible. This is what I have been talking about.

I asked that people live and let live, a person quoted from the bible and I accepted and agreed with the wisdom of the statement. But you had to make sure that I understood who actually said it.

Proving my point that Christians just can't bend one inch. It's their way or nothing. Is it not enough that I agreed with the statement and agreed with a Christian in my thread? Or does it have to be all or nothing?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
People are trying to make sense of the earthquakes violence wars moral corruption and the end of the world.
Financial chaos, one world government and the global economy are big issues.
The bible teaches these things are to happen, Christians have a duty to tell others these things will happen.
Not a duty to convert or make you a Christian.
Its a duty, yes some are over exuberant, better that maybe than not at all, maybe.
Now dry those eyes sweety, put a smile on your face toughen up run along like a good little boy.
Sticks and stones cant be thrown over the net.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Posters like you raise the pity flag in my heart.
You will spend your whole life on this little blue ball hurling through space waiting for this rapture to occur, but it will never come. All people (and beings) return to the source upon death, whether they are a Christian, or an Atheist, or an Agnostic, or a Muslim, or a Jew, or a Buddhist, or a Hindu, or a Jain, or a Baha'i... you get the idea. Religion is a tool, first and foremost. We pick up these tools when we choose to, and we are not limited to one set of tools or the other, but all are available.

The delusion that souls are eradicated for not following your ideal is appalling. It's arrogant, even if it's well-meaning, it's still arrogant. God does not make mistakes or waste anything. God has everything and needs nothing, because God is everything. Yeah, we're apart of that everything.

Now honestly, if you think what I said was wrong, then you lack love in your heart, and because you lack love you lack God. You can throw out as many quotes as you want to try and refute it, but that doesn't make it right. Quoting the Bible doesn't make you a righteous person, loving those who's views and way of life differs from yours, does.

Look, we are all eternal. This is not our only life. All this talk is child's play you know? We are like kids fighting over toys here. Well tell you want, you can have the toy! I don't care about it. I'm happy sitting in the Light with the rest of our family (every conscious being in the cosmos). Anyone is free to join when they want to.

Wisdom comes from that light. It's within all of us. Bask in it, the "kingdom with you."

I would not be saying these things if I did not care. You're apart of me as much as I'm apart of you whether you want to believe it or not.

reply to post by jude11

Don't worry about it. The ones that act this way are generally newbies ("youths") on the spiritual path. They are just trying to find their way. It all reminds me of a child trying to educate the parent or other children. Unfortunately, a lot of the dogma, specifically in the western religions, is manufactured to control the masses and keep them tied down in fear, as well as to create more schism within our species. There's still good in there though, you just gotta sift through all the politics.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

These kinds of things have happened before. In fact, far worse things have happened in the past. The population is greater now and we have the internet and other forms of communication, so it seems inflated than say hundreds of years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I'm just putting the word out dude. Believe what you want. Just don't say people didn't try to tell you.

If this rapture happens and I'm not taken with this 144,000, after 2 decades of helping the disabled and retarded, mostly due to the NWO food and water toxicity agenda, then the last thing I'll be saying as the giant wave sweeps my house & life away is... "oh man, I was totally warned of this, but didn't repent for my sins of not helping the unfortunate for more than 2 decades...."

I hope there's a lot less than 144,000 priests, nuns, monks, deacons, ministers, rabbis, alter boys, bishops, Jesuits, pastors, 1000s of dedicated Sunday morning parishioners, plus those in schools learning to becomes said Religious careers and anyone Religious I forgot.... or that doesn't leave much room for the rest of us, including you.
edit on 18-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

REPENT!

REPENT!

You got it all wrong. No matter how good you've been, you're still a sinner and guilty as, redundantly, SIN! You see, Gawd created Adam and you carry his sin because...you just do.

Lol

I have been a good man all my life and regret nothing. If the heavenly megalomaniac wants to punish me regardless of my good deeds and clean living, then HE is an unjust, sadistic pos.

Yeah, I went there!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I"m so with you on this rant.

For me, it's easy to simply ignore them on ATS, but I hate them coming to the door. Do I go and bug them at their home? NO!

Here's a few things that I've found to be effective when they come knocking:
1. Have the phone in your hand. They'll always say, "I see you're on the phone, so take this and we'll be back later. Have a blessed day."
OK. You know they're coming back. So, what do you do now?
2. When they return, they'll ask you if you read the Bible. Reply by saying, "I'm currently reading the book of Enoch." They'll be very confused by this. If they ask what it's about, whet their appetite. They'll say they have to go, but they'll be back.
So, you know that they're returning. What do you do now?
3. They'll come back with more of their friends and they will inquire about the Book of Enoch. Continue where you left off. If they are bothering you on a Saturday or Sunday, ask them why they are not resting as their god instructed they do on the Sabbath. You'll see them getting nervous. This is when you can ask them if they believe in giants as Enoch wrote about. They'll soon leave and hopefully won't return.

I've had great luck with the above. Maybe it will work in the religious threads, too?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You want to know what gives them the right to post on ATS ?

There's a tab called Religion, Faith, And Theology. I would guess that would give them the right to post here.

I feel the same way about other subjects, but i ignore them and respect the fact that they have a right to post here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join