It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we are ready for the alien invasion!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
just thought id throw this out to start a conversation for anyone interested.
forgive me if its sloppy , i havent been on ats much as of late and its been a while since i tried to start a topic.

ok here i go.

what if the TPTB know that an alien invasion is just a matter of time and its been known for over 100 years? would they tell the masses only to cause panic and chaos or would they keep this secret , yet secretly prepare?

how could u prepare for such? well build an insanely huge army and amass numerous weapons across the planet. also, i believe u cant just train your army to be ready for the alien invasion, you actually have to have combat experienced soldiers. we have been fighting war after war for the last 100 years , and beyond.

humans not only have one insanely large army spread across the earth, we have enough weapons to kill our entire population many times over. but we arent the target, E.T. is the target.

if TPTB know an alien race is bound for earth, they know it wont be to say hello. imo aliens would only travel so far to eat us, enslave us, take our resources , or take our planet. TPTB know this so they must get us ready.

that is why we have built the human army. here are the stats.

www.globalfirepower.com...

7 billion humans in reserve
2.5 billion available military manpower (quick estimation)
17,676,307 active duty soldiers
300 million active reserves (quick estimation)
62,866 total military aircraft
21,534 total military helicopters
776,000 land based weapons, tanks included (quick estimation)
80,000 tanks (quick estimation)
800,000 logistical vehicles (quick estimation)
10,000 navy ships (very quick estimation ) its getting late , if any interest in thread ill edit tomorrow
443 submarines
and finally our hail mary/ suicide vest
www.cdi.org...
22,000 NUKES!

several countries are suspect of pushing weapons into space so this part of our arsenal is unknown. example is star wars and recently china has been doing space weapon research.
www.npr.org...

you can say that not all planes or subs are the same but man has proven that any weapon, no matter how old or simple can be used with deadly force in a modern war. the best way to develop weapons is through competition and that is why we dont have uniform planes, tanks, subs, ect throughout the human army.

of course any alien race that travels across the universe to fight us would have insane technology and you could laugh that our military is not advanced enough to fight. well not making an army would give us zero chance so we had to the best we possibly could. id rather show up to a gun fight with a knife then no weapon at all.
im so freaking tired, i must retreat to bed.
if anyone shows interest in this thread ill edit any numbers that i messed up.
goodnight!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
No.There will be no alien invasion.Not this year or ten.20.30 years from now. "TPTB" might know they exist..but they are not preparing for an invasion.It will not happen.Ever.EVER.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
that is why we have built the human army. here are the stats.

www.globalfirepower.com...

7 billion humans in reserve
2.5 billion available military manpower (quick estimation)
17,676,307 active duty soldiers
300 million active reserves (quick estimation)
62,866 total military aircraft
21,534 total military helicopters
776,000 land based weapons, tanks included (quick estimation)
80,000 tanks (quick estimation)
800,000 logistical vehicles (quick estimation)
10,000 navy ships (very quick estimation ) its getting late , if any interest in thread ill edit tomorrow
443 submarines
and finally our hail mary/ suicide vest
www.cdi.org...
22,000 NUKES!

All of that is completely meaningless when all you have to do is give an asteroid of just the right size a little nudge in the right direction...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
We have ENOUGH problems here among us EARTHLINGS and upon our earth to worry about before contemplating a whole elaborate plan for some "alien" arrival.

"Aliens" visiting us is the LEAST of our worries or problems right now. I assume that you are still very young and unaware of daily earthly problems of earthly adults.

edit on 18-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, its not out of the realm of possibility and at this point I would welcome one...after the one world government thread I'm ready to be blasted off this rock...

I say bring it on...toss in a few asteroids and super-volcanoes, maybe a pole shift or five...you know, just to make absolutely SURE

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
as a purely defensive force, yes humans are prepared for an invasion type scenario,
realistically speaking, we wouldn't last very long, but we would at least have an awareness as to what's happening and how to counter it, whether we could or not depends on who or what we are fighting, there's different scenarios.

cybertronic robot army from a galaxy 60 over, and we're extinct.

if humans like us from a solar system not too far away, with better technology, we'd have a fighting chance if murphys law is in effect and we shoot a nuke into their motherships reactor.

other then that, no, we aren't really ready at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
No.There will be no alien invasion.Not this year or ten.20.30 years from now. "TPTB" might know they exist..but they are not preparing for an invasion.It will not happen.Ever.EVER.

Wow...I don't think even Jesus Christ is even that sure of himself...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

the idea wouldnt be to kill the earth, just the humans.
they would need our resources or land.

the only reason i think an alien race would travel so far to reach earth is because they need a place to live. what else would justify traveling so far through space.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

the only reason i think an alien race would travel so far to reach earth is because they need a place to live. what else would justify traveling so far through space.

apex-predators of the universe? nomadic space scavengers?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how we will adjust to this kind of impact. How could the people live their everyday life, feed themselves, survive and get on with life when this supposed alien invasion happens.

An intelligent alien civilization will know this quite well and this is why they haven't invaded yet. The economy would crash. Its like rebuilding human civilization from ground zero.
edit on 18-3-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

How about more reasonable/likely things like travellers, scientists, etc.. A superior race coming all the way out here to the backwater part of the galaxy to wipe out hairy earthlings makes little sense. It actually sounds like the next Hollywood alien invasion movie.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

what are you doing on your computer when there are so many problems in this world that only mature and intelligent people like you are aware of?

buzz off troll

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

if TPTB know an alien race is bound for earth, they know it wont be to say hello. imo aliens would only travel so far to eat us, enslave us, take our resources , or take our planet. TPTB know this so they must get us ready.

Hmm, I think this is the other way around. We're already enslaved with a crappy paycheck, working for nothing. Obama already took care of passing the bill to take resources. I'd say the government has pretty much taken over the planet because they can't seem to keep their nose out of other countries problems. As for eating us, Monsanto has already taken care of the food supply.

Yeah, I think the Aliens will be friendly. It's us we have to watch out for.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

what ever their reason for comming to earth, it wouldnt be friendly.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

How about more reasonable/likely things like travellers, scientists, etc.. A superior race coming all the way out here to the backwater part of the galaxy to wipe out hairy earthlings makes little sense. It actually sounds like the next Hollywood alien invasion movie.

i'd imagine those scientists and travellers would be under a tight doctrine as part of a drifter colony,
if they are anything like us.

the whole alien premise assumes too much of a species. and for them to be travelling in our direction etc..

so many variables would have to lock into play with ease.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

yeah we've all watched the movies...but guys ..come on...not me ,not you have an idea what an alien mind is like..to think otherwise ispretty much rediculous. imo

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I can only guess that the Aliens are pissed because of the USA and co. Therefor, it will be YOUR war with them.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

How can you possibly be ready for something you have never experienced?

Don't you think if they are advanced enough to travel vast distances in space they would come up with something better than come in with guns drawn...shoot the place up ?

*How about simply altering the moon so as to cause earthly problems?

*Or releasing a wicked virus never before seen on earth?

*Or some how intensify the suns effect on the planet?

* Work their way into our society into a position to make difference, and then simply lead us in a direction to destroy ourselves. Something we seem to have a knack for as it is.

I'm guessing we wouldn't know where to begin..Really we would be better off thinking smarter and look for a weakness together as a whole..

All in All..If the Whole Good vs Evil thing among them didn't work in our favor,...May as well Pucker up and get ready to start kissing some alien arses...

edit on 18-3-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

You cannot believe Stephen Hawking. But if you take into account that aliens are bad, why haven't they invaded yet?
edit on 18-3-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefear1

yeah we've all watched the movies...but guys ..come on...not me ,not you have an idea what an alien mind is like..to think otherwise ispretty much rediculous. imo

WE ARE AN ALIEN SPECIES

WE WENT TO THE MOON!

IN SPACE!

basing their actions slightly off base from ours isn't all that far-fetched.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join