It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast and it's nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A revelation was given to me a week ago while pondering the nature of the Mark of the Beast while i was reading the book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ (Revelation).

Many people think the Mark comes in the great tribulation, that it may come in the form of a microchip that may be implanted in your forehead or right hand. What many of these people do not understand is that the Mark of the Beast has been around for thousands of years before now.

This concept goes all the way back to Nimrod, who forged the first One World Order and who first implemented using currency to buy and sell goods. When Yah shattered Nimrod's Empire and scattered mankind across the earth by causing them to spontaneously speak different languages, many different nations of different languages carried the ideas Nimrod came up with, with them in their flight and they built their own civilizations amoung those who they could understand.

The Mark of the Beast is money, but this too also has a spiritual implication to it. The reason it goes on your forehead is because it is on your mind, and in your mind constantly, the desire to make more of it because you can do nothing without it, cannot buy or sell or feed your families or buy medicines for the sickly, and in today's society there is no more barter and trade system, money has become to dominant driving force for survival. It goes on your right hand because with your right hand (and in John's time everyone was righthanded, no one was allowed to learn to use their lefthands) you work yourself to earn that money. The spiritual implication comes in when you lust for money, and are greedy and selfish with it and cannot give it up or use it to help someone in need. When you reach the point where you cannot give it up freely and with love to help those in need, you have become sealed to Satan and have become a slave to his system.

Now it may be possible that it could be tied into a microchip that gets physically implanted in your forehead or right hand once the system of currency totally becomes digitized, which according to the bible does happen as people throw their gold and silver out into the streets because it has become useless. With digitized systems of currency there is no need for gold and silver or precious stones, and so they become wrothless. What is worthless becoes useless and thrown into the streets, garbage cans or dumpsters.

This is my revelation, that the Mark has always been here hiding underneath our very noses for thousands of years. It is already here, and many people already have it on them.

According to Prophet Daniel, Beasts are Empires, and the mark of Empires has always been their coin (money). The mark is money, and the lust, greed and selfishness of it. Could by why Jesus urges believers to give it up.

Worth a thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Mark of the Beast is money, but this too also has a spiritual implication to it. The reason it goes on your forehead is because it is on your mind, and in your mind constantly, the desire to make more of it because you can do nothing without it

I dont think the mark of the beast is just money. Its just a commodity used for trade.
Think about the parable of the workers where money was involved.
Money in itself is not a bad thing, but the love of money is...like Jesus said.

Even if someone has made enough money to last him for several generations, he isn't going to just stop and say "I've made enough".... money works like a drug in the sense, it makes you think you need to keep making more.

According to Prophet Daniel, Beasts are Empires, and the mark of Empires has always been their coin (money). The mark is money, and the lust, greed and selfishness of it. Could by why Jesus urges believers to give it up.

This has something to it.
But the mark of the beast refers to a certain empire. It is very possible that beasts new trading system could in fact be the "mark".... but its also implied that those who accept the mark / its money system owe allegience to the empire.

edit on 18-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There is definitely something to the the number "666" and King Solomon.

The number 666 appears elsewhere in the bible ONLY in connection to King Solomon, and that too in the context of wealth!

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold
-2 Chronicles 9:13

The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents
-1 Kings 10:14

The rest of the chapters mostly describe Solomons wealth!
1 Kings 10
2 Chronicles 9

There is much to suggest that the future will involve a new financial system..... being established by the beast.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Nice post, I don't really have anything to add other than, I have entertained that idea as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
But the mark of the beast refers to a certain empire.

I half-agree with you. The "beast from the sea" in Revelation ch13 is certainly a political power, as shown by the parallel "beasts from the sea" in Daniel. But the chapter suggests something closer to religion; perhaps an enthusiam for a state (and its leader?) which gets very close to religious enthusiasm and maybe explicitly so. My favourite analogy is Hitler whipping up enthusiasm for himself and the Nazi regime ,in the same way that the second beast in that chapter "causes people to worship" the first beast.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I half-agree with you. The "beast from the sea" in Revelation ch13 is certainly a political power, as shown by the parallel "beasts from the sea" in Daniel. But the chapter suggests something closer to religion; perhaps an enthusiam for a state (and its leader?) which gets very close to religious enthusiasm and maybe explicitly so.

Actually, its the first beast which is a political power... Notice that it is the SAME as the beast that the whore of Babylon rides... (with 7 heads and 10 horns and blasphemous names.)

The beast from the sea is a human character... as he is the one who performs the miracles and implements the mark of the beast.
The sea beast acts on behalf of the land beast. i.e - He is a man who acts on behalf of a ruling political power.

I am working on a new thread about the 2 beasts which I will post here soon.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The mark of the beast could also refer to thought and deed. Ancient, older than Nimrod, the human condition that though created in the image of God, spiritual beings of Light, we are bio-entities and must experience this material world and all it's distractions.

Aside from the 144,000, we call carry the mark and I think this is the mark of death that we may have, in our hurt and anger, wished upon another or thought made action and turn the hand to slaughter.

I'm not saying I disagree with the idea that the mark represents money or wordly powers, I think it does but as with anything Biblical, the meaning reveals itself in layers that traverse all reality, material and meta.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

There is definitely something to the the number "666" and King Solomon.

The number 666 appears elsewhere in the bible ONLY in connection to King Solomon, and that too in the context of wealth!

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold
-2 Chronicles 9:13

The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents
-1 Kings 10:14

The rest of the chapters mostly describe Solomons wealth!
1 Kings 10
2 Chronicles 9

There is much to suggest that the future will involve a new financial system..... being established by the beast.

This will be a piece of the puzzle in the entire picture. One other thing did occur to me, in Revelation it speaks of a one world order that comes into play and the Mark of the Beast then comes into play in the worst way.

The man who created the first one world order was Nimrod, who set himself against God and created "Babylon" and the tower of Bab-El. In prophetic language, babylon represents another way to God, another system outside his plan men think to use to get back to him or back at him.

First Beast may have been Nimrod's Empire, the Image (second Beast) that forces people to worship the first Beast, could be the next One World Order and what they will do will be a kind of "worship" of the first. There's really alot of implications to this because many men in ancient times tried to recreate the One World Order, all the way from the Assyrians to Hitler. Perhaps then this new Beast will be the different way back to God that is outside his plan, another "Bab-El" which would then mean it would have to be a Religious Empire and why the 144k jews Jesus saves were those jews who were "never defiled by Woman and virgin" which means they were never defiled by Religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Actually, its the first beast which is a political power... Notice that it is the SAME as the beast that the whore of Babylon rides...
The beast from the sea is a human character... as he is the one who performs the miracles and implements the mark of the beast.
The sea beast acts on behalf of the land beast. i.e - He is a man who acts on behalf of a ruling political power.

You've got your comments about "beast from the sea" and "beast from the land" the wrong way round, but I think that's only because you're confused (quoting from memory?) about which comes first.
The first beast, the one like the beast the Harlot rides, is the beast from the sea.
It is the beast from the land who acts on behalf of the beast from the sea, and is a human character.
edit on 18-3-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

You've got your comments about "beast from the sea" and "beast from the land" the wrong way round, but I think that's only because you're confused (quoting from memory?) about which comes first

I stand corrected.
Your'e right....I was quoting from memory and mixed up the beasts.
The (second) beast from the land acts on behalf of the (first) sea beast which the whore rides.

So we seem to be on the same page on this matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yes, we do seem to be on the same lines.
My own view was expressed in two threads in the "Predictions and Prophecies" forum;
"Revelation; The Beast from the sea, a world-state" and "Revelation; The Beast, great leader and antichrist".

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The mark of the beast is anything that keeps you from Jesus the newer bible translate the mark ON your forehead or ON your hand . The KJV bible has it as IN YOURFOREHWAD AND IN YOUR HAND . In your forehead is your brain so anything that keeps you from Christ is the mark and to have it in you r hand denotes that you are physically doing the work of drawing Gods children from him , weather thru false teachings or out and put satanic practices .

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The Mark of the Beast is money

The beast itself is the empire and the name on your money identifies who the empire is.
It's that simple, and all you have to do is think about the miracle of the coin in the fish that Jesus used to pay the tax.
We are technically exempt and we have to trust in God despite the threat held over us.
"Mystery" Babylon means that you take the Old Testament characteristics of Babylon and reapply them to the current world empire, and that is the beast. 666 is symbolic of how to name it, and it is the tribute demanded from the world by the empire.
edit on 18-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"Now the serpent was more crafty than any other BEAST of the field that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”

When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they lost communion with God by believing and acting upon the the serpent's words.

Mark of the beast -"Also it causes ALL, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,"

ALL of us receive the 'Mark of the beast' as our thoughts and actions conform to the world governed by the beast. We lose the Mark of the world beast by conforming to the heavenly world.

"Being then God’s offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art (hand) and imagination of man (mind/forehead)."

ALL RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST AND WE ARE TO OVERCOME IT

"And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been VICTORIOUS over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God."

The word translated as victorious means TO OVERCOME. How?

""For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the MIND of Christ."

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

'Buying and selling' - those bearing the mark of the beast are committed to the worldly way of doing things - they do not see themselves as answerable to God and so often seem to see money, prestige, lust and glamour as the only things worth striving for in this life. Such people may even observe a moral code - but only as long as it is in their interests - these are the people bearing the beast's mark. It is the behavior of the person that indicates where the person’s allegiance is. They 'buy and sell' of the world. Those in Christ do not 'buy and sell' of the world, but rather of God, for their allegiance is to Him. Yes, this has had economic impacts in the past for it's a favourite tool of governments - both false political and religious systems wield tight economic control over those whom it dominates. 'Undesirables' are weeded out through forced worship, economic hardships, indoctrination etc. In the western countries those who's allegiance is to God are starting to feel the effects that millions in other parts of the world have already experienced. The term 'bigot' and "intolerant" is now routinely applied to those who are Christian, fostering is being denied to Christians who will not agree to the belief that homosexuality is a valid lifestyle, slaughter houses are increasingly turning to Muslim blessings of the animals making it a sacrifice to another god etc. We still have it easy though. All those with the Mark see nothing wrong with those three examples, but those who obey God's commands are already being tested by not being able to 'buy and sell'. Those with the Mark are buying and selling....because their beliefs and actions originate from this world run by the beast.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

slaughter houses are increasingly turning to Muslim blessings of the animals making it a sacrifice to another god etc.

In case you didn't know, the jews, who christians are so infatuated with, prefer to buy Halal meat when they cant find Kosher meat.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
interesting theories. But its confusing.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The number of the beast, as determined by Hermann Gunkel a century ago, is of the chaos monster of the abyss.

Transliterates to: tehom qadmonit or "ancient deep".
the numerical value of the Hebrew letters add up to 666.

What should come to mind, once one has this information, is that Revelation is repeating a tradition in which chaos existed at the beginning, then it was subdued, it later comes right back to create havoc upon men and their world, and then a hero emerges who completely does away with chaos and everything which represents it, including the sea, which the book depicts the new world without.
The conclusion Gunkel makes is that Revelation is not a Christian book but something which presents a Babylonian tradition of a young warrior hero god, of the type of Marduk. You could also mix in there a Zoroastrian influence where there is a parallel with Mithras.
edit on 25-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

In case you didn't know, the jews, who christians are so infatuated with, prefer to buy Halal meat when they cant find Kosher meat.

We are not infatuated with them, they are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, which is why the Diaspora happened. They do serve a purpose, as do we all. We will all play our parts when called upon to do so.

top topics

join